2017 Worlds Gala | Page 15 | Golden Skate

2017 Worlds Gala

Yatagarasu

Record Breaker
Hanyu on Fuji TV talking about quint jumps within the next few years...

Yes, he said yesterday at the presser someone told him quints were possible and then went on to talk about how ISU doesn't even have BVs for them ... I am not sure he's right though but we'll see.

Meoima

Match Penalty
Yes, he said yesterday at the presser someone told him quints were possible and then went on to talk about how ISU doesn't even have BVs for them ... I am not sure he's right though but we'll see.
That someone was Kozuka. I remember Kozuka wrote some thesis about Quint in theory.

sublimeskating

Crouching Dreamer, Hidden Badass
On the Ice

That someone was Kozuka. I remember Kozuka wrote some thesis about Quint in theory.

i think i read somewhere a long time ago about how according to science, 5 rotations is the absolute limit of human body...?

Yatagarasu

Record Breaker

Oh, now that's interesting.

Remember how we had that other article before how they weren't? I just hope he is not going to test that theory ... but then I told you what Zhenya said in one of those articles. He might want to try .... post Olympics ....

sublimeskating

On the Ice

Oh, now that's interesting.

Remember how we had that other article before how they weren't? I just hope he is not going to test that theory ... but then I told you what Zhenya said in one of those articles. He might want to try .... post Olympics ....

like if he achieves the 4A it'd be one hell of a historic record but the risk of injury so close to olympics is a big worry
i hope he doesn't hurt himself!

sublimeskating

On the Ice
OMG does anyone know where i can find videos of the gala

most of them are blocked by fuji tv (i hope these f basterds go bankrupt) by now on youtube
wt f this is ridiculous even videos of non japanese skaters (like misha ge) are blocked by these guys
f hell its not like they own figure skating *shakes fist*

i stg fuji tv is the devil incarnate

like it's bad enough there's geo block on everything and now they're deleting/blocking the vids shared by all the kind uploaders who spread the joy of figure skating to the world

like ffs my country doesnt even show figure skating so watching it online the only way i can watch this!!!

Last edited:

dia

Rinkside

most of them are blocked by fuji tv (i hope these f basterds go bankrupt) by now on youtube
wt f this is ridiculous even videos of non japanese skaters (like misha ge) are blocked by these guys

like it's bad enough there's geo block on everything and now they're deleting/blocking the vids shared by all the kind uploaders who spread the joy of figure skating to the world

like ffs my country doesnt even show figure skating so watching it online the only way i can watch this!!!

http://fsnews.ru/forums-m-posts-q-1391-d-15.html

Last edited:

Rissa

Record Breaker
After watching gala live: I never thought I'd be happy to hear Justin Bieber, but V/M were a bit of relef after all the lyrical programs. I know that some were surprised at some names on the list, but Jason and Misha werr really needed there. I can imagine the desperate director asking around "Uptempo? Does anyone have an uptempo number?"

Some skaters should rethink their approach to ex programs: when Katelyn came up I experienced a deja vu and then realized the Finninsh skater had similar dress, music and program. Both rather generic. And D/R - holy moly that was a bore.

Standouts to me: Jason, Savachenko/Massot, Carolina, Evgenia. I'm on the fence regarding Boyang - fun music, lots of personality but whoo boy lots of empty skating around. The best numbers were imho, by Yuzu, Misha and Capellini/Lanotte. Oh, and the special edition of Yuzu vs Jumps was fun, even if he lost.

ETA: And Shibs, Shibs were goid too. Somebody wrote that this is their best program this season and i agree, they could remake it as a freeskate. And the Finn guy and team Unique!

Last edited:

carmina

On the Ice

https://matchtv.ru/figure-skating/m...on_Chempionat_mira_Pokazatelnyje_vystuplenija

if it is geo-blocked use hola...

Last edited:

sublimeskating

On the Ice
a huge thank you to everybody on this thread for helping out with videos and links!!!
u wonderful people are all angels and should be proud of yourselves :agree:

Arriba627

TWO-TIME WORLD CHAMPION 🔥
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I am glad its not just me. It makes him look kind of heavy somehow. How is that possible :laugh:

It's because his fat b*tt is hanging out. You don't see it in the other 2 costumes. I was just saying in his thread that it looks like if he washes those pants one more time they won't fit cos they're already too tight...Like his new EX though. David Wilson gave him good choreography.

MaiKatze

Record Breaker
It's because his fat b*tt is hanging out. You don't see it in the other 2 costumes. I was just saying in his thread that it looks like if he washes those pants one more time they won't fit cos they're already too tight...Like his new EX though. David Wilson gave him good choreography.

I love his little butterfly movements in the choreo....these outfts really do show Shoma's assets - I thought he generally looked more mature this season. He still is somewhat boyish, but he's growing up under our eyes.

Arriba627

TWO-TIME WORLD CHAMPION 🔥
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I love his little butterfly movements in the choreo....these outfts really do show Shoma's assets - I thought he generally looked more mature this season. He still is somewhat boyish, but he's growing up under our eyes.

LOVE the butterfly movements. Also noticed that right away after he saw David Wilson, he added 2 moves from the EX to the SP...Guess the fat b*tt purple pants are gone forever. :sad4:

Nika09

On the Ice
This 4T-Lo-4T is something! I don't like Yuzurus Swan EX program but would like to take a look at Shomas and Sui/Hans programs. Thanks to fujitv impossible find any tough, such a joykiller!

Trying/putting on 4A during Olymic season it's too risky and insane even for Hanyu.

ramurphy2005

Unabashed Mainer
On the Ice
Country
United-States
Watching the NBCSN broadcast right now.

I didn't understand Boyang's program at all.