2018 British Figure Skating Championships | Page 5 | Golden Skate

2018 British Figure Skating Championships

DSQ

Record Breaker
Country
United-Kingdom
Yeah it took a couple of hours to start working (When I went to bed at 1am it wasn’t but by 5am this morning all was good) but at least we can rest assured that we can all go back and rewatch everything.

Ice Dance are the first of the seniors to day at 2pm - exciting!

CaroLiza_fan

MINIOL ALATMI REKRIS. EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA.
Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
OK, I'm here!

Are we still running to schedule? i.e. Junior Free Dance to start in just under 5 minutes?

If we are, I'll just start watching LIVE and not bother winding back.

CaroLiza_fan

CaroLiza_fan

Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
As I said, I've only just arrived. So, who is the other male voice alongside Claire and Paul for Ice Dance? They didn't re-introduce themselves at the start of the Juniors.

CaroLiza_fan

DSQ

Record Breaker
Country
United-Kingdom
Yes sorry, you were correct.

I love the current skater’s gold dress!

- - - Updated - - -

As I said, I've only just arrived. So, who is the other male voice alongside Claire and Paul for Ice Dance? They didn't re-introduce themselves at the start of the Juniors.

CaroLiza_fan

Sorry I missed it as well, but I can check one sec.

CaroLiza_fan

Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
Yes sorry, you were correct.

I love the current skater’s gold dress!

Yes, I agree about Rebecca's dress. But Natalia's dress after her was even more beautiful. In fact, I really liked the costumes from both Natalia and Frank.

CaroLiza_fan

DSQ

Record Breaker
Country
United-Kingdom
David Heartly (Vice President of NISA) and Mathew Parr from the Team GB Sochi team event.

DSQ

Record Breaker
Country
United-Kingdom
This last team were lovely! Very smooth, Fear/Waddle were great too but I really love some of the positions of this last team.

DSQ

Record Breaker
Country
United-Kingdom
First season together I cannot believe it, they are very comfortable with each other.

CaroLiza_fan

Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
What a weird edit together of Queen songs for Hirst / Currie.

A couple of lines from the start of "Bohemian Rhapsody", followed by a short section of the very end of "Bohemian Rhapsody". Then a large section of "Who Wants To Live Forever". Then the third quarter of "Bohemian Rhapsody". And then the very end again.

Please may I never hear that edit again! They just butchered my favourite song of all time!

And now we have another routine to 4'33" from Tweedale / Buckland.

Am I evil in wishing that the muting had been for the previous partnership rather than this one...?

CaroLiza_fan

NoNameFace

GS given name - Beatrice
Record Breaker
Loved Disco Babes!!! It is pure truth what one of commentators said, you just want to get up and dance seeing them, how they enjoy the program :). Once again I repeat, the music cuts are really something else and the way choreo flows in them is fabulous! Their energy and enthusiasm on top of all technicalities, how effortless it feels and how 5he Disco aesthetic is rather appreciated, taken inspiration from that just appropriated to facilitate the program. Huge score that hopefully could carry them to a high finish at Euros!

DSQ

Record Breaker
Country
United-Kingdom
Not at all! That routine music gave me whiplash!

Wow 180 for Lilah and Lewis! Despite being a bit more tentative on the twizzles the absolutely nailed it. Robyne and Joe, I actually could focus on their skating much more due to the silence (xD) and her edges are really really good!

Loved Lewis’s face at receiving the teddy with the Tam O’ Shanter lol

CaroLiza_fan

Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
Pairs starting now. Men's Skater Matthew Parr and Pairs Skater David King in the box with Claire now.

CaroLiza_fan

DSQ

Record Breaker
Country
United-Kingdom
David and Mathew are good together. It really is a shame we don’t have more pairs teams.

CaroLiza_fan

Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
David and Mathew are good together. It really is a shame we don’t have more pairs teams.

Aren't they just. And isn't it just.

I love watching Pairs skating. And I just cannot understand more skaters in packed singles fields don't take it up.

Mind you, Matthew and David are doing a very good job at trying to sell the benefits of Pairs skating during the interval. To the extent that, listening to him, it's hard to believe that Matthew didn't try it himself. He is being so supportive of the category.

Mind you, I am fascinated by this Pairs Dancing that Claire keeps talking about. That sounds like it could be fun to watch!

CaroLiza_fan