2018 Europeans Gala | Page 9 | Golden Skate

2018 Europeans Gala

elbkup

Power without conscience is a savage weapon
Medalist
Country
United-States
I really love her EX.. she is imagining herself to be large jungle cat and is exploring the moves it would make on the prowl, the candle a nod to feline night vision. Really quite innovative and breaks standard, allows for freedom of expression and pushes skating artistry to a new level. The accompanying voice (music) is perfect. Hope to see it again in Korea!

GGFan

Record Breaker
I really love her EX.. she is imagining herself to be large jungle cat and is exploring the moves it would make on the prowl, the candle a nod to feline night vision. Really quite innovative and breaks standard, allows for freedom of expression and pushes skating artistry to a new level. The accompanying voice (music) is perfect. Hope to see it again in Korea!

For me her costume isn't functional. It's winky, as cutouts usually are. My brain can't help but look at things from an analytical point of view and it bugs that a 15-year old has the capacity to give consent to having images of her body out there like that. Crazy as it sounds if she decides to become a private individual in 2 years it can't be taken back.

Selling sensuality and sex is a part of performance and I think it is very beautiful and human but I like to make sure that the parties doing it are adults and have done so knowingly. This is very much one where mileage varies. :slink:

Alifyre

On the Ice
I really loved the darker more intense music on Medvedeva, I really hope to see her doing something like it in competition someday. She has an expressive range that her recent competitive programs haven't done justice, although AK has started to address the issue. I like this fierce, fiery Med quite a lot!

Lester

Piper and Paul are made of magic dust and unicorns
Final Flight
this is peak Russian
Russia making up for no flag and hymn at Olys by doing it now i guess

I don't know why but sophistication is not the Russian way :D
But they arranged an adequately epic finale even if I found the Russian songs medley to be performed with rather hilarious gravitas.

esteticlove

Final Flight
Evgenia skated Sailor Moon in Japan, now skates to a Russian song in front of her home crowd, especially pre-Olympics without mentioning all the drama there. She is just amazing, always acknowledging her fans and giving her spectators what they need. Over the years she was criticised for her never-changing style but in terms of exhibitions she is one of the few versatile skaters. :eek::

And all that skate ending was epic imo :coffee:

silverfoxes

Record Breaker
Remember when she skated to Gorky Park at some hockey championship thing? (you can tell I don't follow other sports :slink:) Rock suits her really well. I'm just surprised we haven't seen her do a full on Kpop ex apart from some dancing on her IG...maybe she's saving that for Pyeongchang? :)

elbkup

Power without conscience is a savage weapon
Medalist
Country
United-States
For me her costume isn't functional. It's winky, as cutouts usually are. My brain can't help but look at things from an analytical point of view and it bugs that a 15-year old has the capacity to give consent to having images of her body out there like that. Crazy as it sounds if she decides to become a private individual in 2 years it can't be taken back.

Selling sensuality and sex is a part of performance and I think it is very beautiful and human but I like to make sure that the parties doing it are adults and have done so knowingly. This is very much one where mileage varies. :slink:

Not sure whether she chose to do this (or even had the choice frankly).. or if it was her idea and a choreographer designed the program. From my POV it was innocent enough; her costume covers more than most traditional competitive attire for ladies (and some men!) including both of her SP & LP costumes. I guess we agree to disagree because we see different things. I have seen EX programs in the past I object to far more than this..:scratch2: I appreciate your opinion.