2020-21 Japanese Nationals: Men's Free Skate | Page 13 | Golden Skate

2020-21 Japanese Nationals: Men's Free Skate

lzxnl

Final Flight
Extra thoughts:

1. He's the only clean skater I saw in the last two groups, maybe even the whole free skate. That by itself guarantees that he'll win gold by like 50 points, and that he'll lead 4th place by almost 100 points. That's pretty nuts.

2. This program gives me real Hope and Legacy vibes. So many moments seemed familiar, like the hydroblade and the Ina Bauer, some other parts of the choreo.

3. Who even needs a coach?

Lamente Ariane

Skating Skills -5, Fashion +3, Camp +4
Record Breaker
All right, what a way to end the competition! See some of you in the Russian Pairs thread :biggrin:

lzxnl

Final Flight
So, I may have gotten carried away when I estimated a 50 point lead over second. 35 points is close enough. And he led 4th place by 80 points. You could really see the hierarchical structure of the Japanese men's field in this competition. I wonder if the ladies will be something similar too.

Presuming Yuzuru keeps these program for next season (because why ditch a program if you only perform it once?), I'm curious what he's going to add to them. Some of his expressions were a bit blank and part of the skating was a little empty, but of course, you can only make these comments if you're comparing this to his other programs.

figureskatingandrainbows

It's Oka ShinnosuSLAY Season!
Record Breaker
Country
Olympic
Seriously, though, if Shoma and Yuma pull it together, they are going to do very well at Worlds. And Yuzuru, with these new programs, could actually beat Nathan. Wow. And then Beijing 2022... Japan has never looked stronger.