2021 U.S. Nationals: Senior Men - Free Skate | Page 25 | Golden Skate

2021 U.S. Nationals: Senior Men - Free Skate

Skatefan15

On the Ice
When did Paniot start representing the US? I remember he represented Ukraine in Pyeongchang. It’s a little interesting to switch to a larger country, especially in terms of qualifying to go to the higher level competitions.

elektra blue

mother of skaters
Record Breaker
Country
Italy

BlissfulSynergy

Record Breaker
Country
Olympics
Bottom line: Maxim Naumov and Yaroslav Paniot are two guys to look out for.
Yeah, these were two very familiar names for me, but Max coming up from juniors and Paniot being 10th last year, I wasn't expecting this much from them. So this is great from them, and I hope their exciting journey of excellence continues.

We have to remember that there are so many guys with great skills who can break through. Tomoki is not exactly done. Neither is Krasnozohn. And I'm sure Andrew Torgashev will be more than in the mix. Hopefully, Camden will find a way to reach his potential too.

snowflake

I enjoy what I like
Record Breaker
It's really too bad for Jason there wasn't much of a season. From what I understand, he can do the quad, it's just a matter of incorporating it into competition. What he needed this year to do that was more events. He needs to keep trying it until it becomes second nature.
So why didn't he go for it in the short? If he can do it?

ice coverage

Record Breaker
When did Paniot start representing the US? I remember he represented Ukraine in Pyeongchang. It’s a little interesting to switch to a larger country, especially in terms of qualifying to go to the higher level competitions.

2019-20 was Paniot's first season of competing in U.S. qualifying (including U.S. Nats).

Paniot does not yet "represent" the U.S., I would say.
He is not yet listed in the USFS International Selection Pool.

Anyway, congratulations to Nathan, Vincent, Jason, and Yaro. :)

Also to Max N and to Jimmy Ma.

(Hugs to those who had hopes for better performances and higher placements.)

el henry

Go have some cake. And come back with jollity.
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I have more faith in Evgenia landing that quad sal than Jason Brown ever landing a quad in a competition. :biggrin:

You posted once after the comp was over in the US national mens LP thread to post that:laugh:

What Jason does in skating skills, spins, spirals and every other aspect of his skating, other than one more revolution in the air, is so athletic and so hard, a quad in competition seems less important to many of us.

Although I want it for his sake. :)

1111bm

Final Flight
Fortunately his amazing skating skills and spins are respected and rewarded.
I know what you mean, but it's just a little bit funny since he lost a level on both his step sequence and one of his spins. ;)
(yes I know levels are not a representation of overall quality and more of a 'ticking of the boxes' kinda thing, and even the ones most skilled at spins and footwork mess up once in a while)

BlissfulSynergy

Record Breaker
Country
Olympics
So why didn't he go for it in the short? If he can do it?
Come on, snowflake.

Leave off criticizing someone not many skaters can hold a candle to, quads or no quads. And Jason can land quads. Meanwhile, I don't see many skaters with Jason's level of stretch, skill, exuberance, expressiveness and flat-out nonstop performance ability, including throwing in tech elements seamlessly.

The dissing gets so old. Lots of noise that won't keep Jason from continuing to excel, quad or no quad. And btw, he's landed quads plenty of times. He'll get over the hurdle of landing it cleanly and officially ratified in competition. What you think of Jason Brown isn't important.

Last edited: