2021 World Team Trophy - General Info | Page 2 | Golden Skate

2021 World Team Trophy - General Info

Sk8D8

Spectator
Anyone curious if they are going to send Bradie? Obviously Karen is going and Bradie would normally be as well but, It’s 2 weeks away and she has a broken boot! If she has a good back up pair they are supposed to bring them. So if she needs to get new boots and break them in, there’s no time to train properly for WTT.

chasingneverland

Record Breaker
I'm happy to see Kevin Aymoz, but I'm a little bummed that China is not going. I fear that could have been our last chance to see Han Yan compete, since he's hinting at retirement. (I hope he doesn't.)
Unfortunately I think China's overall upset with their teams performance. Also Sui/Wan are injured. There is still Peng/Jin but they've struggled some. And then Wang/Huang are injured??

Also you send two ladies to the World's team trophy and who is the second woman? Ashley Lin? She's in the states - are they worried about travel?

sworddance21

On the Ice
Unfortunately I think China's overall upset with their teams performance. Also Sui/Wan are injured. There is still Peng/Jin but they've struggled some. And then Wang/Huang are injured??

Also you send two ladies to the World's team trophy and who is the second woman? Ashley Lin? She's in the states - are they worried about travel?
Makes total sense - absolutely. I'm selfishly hoping to get to see more of Han Yan's lovely skating. I didn't realize Sui/Han are injured. :(

alexocfp

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
No S for me. It’s singular since I’m going to skip everything besides the ladies, as I always do. Haha

It’s my fault since I keep forgetting this is a figure skating forum for all disciplines. Haha

snowflake

I enjoy what I like
Record Breaker
No S for me. It’s singular since I’m going to skip everything besides the ladies, as I always do. Haha

It’s my fault since I keep forgetting this is a figure skating forum for all disciplines. Haha
fine but remember writing I next time ;)

mrrice

Record Breaker
We will also be running another prediction contest for this event :)
Do we know when the US will be announcing the team that will be going? How many skaters can we send? I'd like see Amber get her chance to prove that she needs to be sent to the bigger events and I think Bradie Tennell should get herself back out there after what happened at Worlds. Is there a limit to how many skaters from each decipline?

Koatterce

On the Ice
Country
Canada
Do we know when the US will be announcing the team that will be going? How many skaters can we send? I'd like see Amber get her chance to prove that she needs to be sent to the bigger events and I think Bradie Tennell should get herself back out there after what happened at Worlds. Is there a limit to how many skaters from each decipline?
2 ladies, 2 men, 1 pair, 1 dance

ladyjane

Medalist
Country
Netherlands
The WTT is always biased towards the single skaters. That´s a given. So two single skaters, both men and women, for every country but only one pairs and one Dance couple. I always enjoy this competition (despite this bias) because although the points count for SB stuff, they don´t have an impact on World Standings. Usually, everyone is having fun and because there is no pressure in the sense of getting World Standing points or something. That can have two different effects: some skaters really skate lights out because of the lack of pressure, others skate less well because of being tired. Also, it´s often a chance for skaters who were not able to go to worlds to show off (in the positive sense). We will see what happens this time. The situation is different because of the strange season.

Russia has never won (Japan and the US share the wins among them) although usually does fall into the medals, but they are sending their best achievers at Worlds this year...so I suspect they wish to try and win this competition. Taking it really seriously.

Apple1078

Final Flight
Yes, I could definitely see Russia winning this year.
Not sure who the U.S. is sending but read that Alexa and Brandon have confirmed they are going and Nathan would like to go. Either way, Russia is probably the strongest team overall with their pairs/dance/ladies.

ladyjane

Medalist
Country
Netherlands
Yes, I could definitely see Russia winning this year.
Not sure who the U.S. is sending but read that Alexa and Brandon have confirmed they are going and Nathan would like to go. Either way, Russia is probably the strongest team overall with their pairs/dance/ladies.
And here´s the bias: having good pair and ice dance teams is just not enough. You have to have good singles skaters. Luckily for them, the Russians have those too. Without question with the women. But also with the men. Not as good as Nathan or the Japanese themselves, but they can definitely hold up. Perhaps we´ll see a Nureyev skate executed perfectly (because of the ´no pressure´thing), and that´s one I would look forward to. And rewatch again and again because I love that programme!

Last edited:

Apple1078

Final Flight
And here´s the bias: having good pair and ice dance teams is just not enough. You have to have good singles skaters. Luckily for them, the Russians have those too. Not as good as Nathan or the Japanese themselves, but they can definitely hold up. Perhaps we´ll see a Nureyev skate executed perfectly (because of the ´no pressure´thing), and that´s one I would look forward to. And rewatch again and again because I love that programme!
Yeah, you're probably right. Forgot there were only 1 pairs team and 1 dance team. And yes to Kolyada!!

sweetice

Praise the Ice God
Final Flight
The WTT is always biased towards the single skaters. That´s a given. So two single skaters, both men and women, for every country but only one pairs and one Dance couple.
It's a japanese competition, their federation don't care about pairs. Some teams may not even have two decent pairs or dance couples.