2022 Canadian Nationals: Senior Men Short Program | Page 12 | Golden Skate

2022 Canadian Nationals: Senior Men Short Program

readernick

Medalist
i just love watching Jo skate... i have seen him live a couple times so it does help...he has great ice coverage and skates so smoothly.. mini chiddy... never seen wesley but he looks much slower though he is improving at each event.
Skating quality wise there is no doubt that Jo is far ahead of Wesley. I just admire how much Wesley has improved even since the beginning of this year.

siberia82

Addicted to Canadian men's singles skating
Record Breaker
Country
Canada
I think that's Okay... I would think that if Jo had a great performance, he could go too but i am biased.. i am a PhanFan :)

I would love to see Jo at the Olympics! I'm almost afraid of putting my hopes up (they often get dashed), but his chances of making the team are pretty good. His knee injury may be a bigger factor in the long program, though.

4everchan

Record Breaker
Country
Martinique
I would love to see Jo at the Olympics! I'm almost afraid of putting my hopes up (they often get dashed), but his chances of making the team are pretty good. His knee injury may be a bigger factor in the long program, though.
definitely. His BV is much lower without his two quads...

rain

Record Breaker
I have not seen this yet, and with so much skating to watch I might skip it. Looks from the scoresheets like it was incredibly messy. Come on Roman, don't break my heart.

4everchan

Record Breaker
Country
Martinique
I have not seen this yet, and with so much skating to watch I might skip it. Looks from the scoresheets like it was incredibly messy. Come on Roman, don't break my heart.
you can watch the first two flights... :) the hot mess happened in the final flight (except for wesley)

RatedPG

Record Breaker
Country
Canada
Yikes! That was a pretty terrifying final group of skates. It is like none of the Canadian Men have the mental fortitude to handle stressful situations. Compared to the other Nationals, I feel like I’m watching a bunch of jokers who all try to make cases to not be sent to the Olympics. I only give Keegan a free pass due to the skates situation. Nam looks like he doesn’t care and has put himself out of contention. Conrad, at least he tried. So, that is appreciated. Roman was doing well until I don’t know what happened with his combo and he didn’t even try to add the second jump to reduce the damage. I’m still not giving up on Roman. But, if Wes takes his Olympic spot, I won’t mind.

TontoK

Hot Tonto
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Yikes! That was a pretty terrifying final group of skates. It is like none of the Canadian Men have the mental fortitude to handle stressful situations. Compared to the other Nationals, I feel like I’m watching a bunch of jokers who all try to make cases to not be sent to the Olympics. I only give Keegan a free pass due to the skates situation. Nam looks like he doesn’t care and has put himself out of contention. Conrad, at least he tried. So, that is appreciated. Roman was doing well until I don’t know what happened with his combo and he didn’t even try to add the second jump to reduce the damage. I’m still not giving up on Roman. But, if Wes takes his Olympic spot, I won’t mind.
To me, it looked like Roman intended a 4S-3T combo. I don't remember if he normally does that or not. When he spun out on the first half, I'm sure he was planning to add the 3T to the lutz in the second half. Maybe thinking about that on the fly had an impact.

All in all, this was a disappointing event.

RatedPG

Record Breaker
Country
Canada
To me, it looked like Roman intended a 4S-3T combo. I don't remember if he normally does that or not. When he spun out on the first half, I'm sure he was planning to add the 3T to the lutz in the second half. Maybe thinking about that on the fly had an impact.

All in all, this was a disappointing event.
I’m one of Romsky’s biggest fans. No. He’s never attempted that combination before. But, I agree with you. When I saw him spin out of the quad, I also thought he was going to add a jump to the quad. So, maybe, this was new. But, he should have landed two feet on the 2Lz and then tried for a 3T. But, Roman always has me frustrated with his layout and missed combos. So, I’m used to it.

siberia82

Addicted to Canadian men's singles skating
Record Breaker
Country
Canada
Oh, I nearly forgot to add that Matthew Markell has just told me that Stephen tested positive for COVID, hence the withdrawal.

Ladskater

~ Figure Skating Is My Passion ~
Record Breaker
I’m one of Romsky’s biggest fans. No. He’s never attempted that combination before. But, I agree with you. When I saw him spin out of the quad, I also thought he was going to add a jump to the quad. So, maybe, this was new. But, he should have landed two feet on the 2Lz and then tried for a 3T. But, Roman always has me frustrated with his layout and missed combos. So, I’m used to it.
I'm a huge Roman fan too, he's one of those skaters I could watch all day - minus the jumps, he just has that skating quality that Patrick Chan was talking about...

Sackie

Medalist
What do you think they might do if Wesley wins here? I mean Keegan is the front runner but he has been the last few years and yet at the last 2 Nats that were held he came 3rd. He also has not had very good Free Skates this year. And Wesley seems to be getting more and more confidence with each outing.

Jammers

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
If Wesley wins you have to send him simple as that. What have Roman or Nam done this season to warrant being named to the team? They need to earn it on the ice. Having Wesley be on the team would be good because after Keegan retires there is no one to take up the mantle. Nam is done too after this season and Roman hasn't been able to be a consistent performer so its time to look to the younger kids like Wesley and if he ever gets to his earlier self Stephen G.

gopatrick

EnChanted
On the Ice
I am a little late for the party. "Another One Bites the Dust" by Max is a fun program:coffee:
I don't mind Wesley going to the Olympics either. He has the smooth glides and lightness across the ice I like, looks calm and collective (what most Canadian men lack).

Last edited: