2022 Challenge Cup | Golden Skate

2022 Challenge Cup

gsk8

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
The 2022 Challenge Cup will take place Feb 24-27, 2022, in Tilburg, Netherlands at the IJssportcentrum Tilburg. The event will feature all the disciplines in Figure Skating in the Novice, Junior and Senior categories except for Ice Dance (Seniors only). The competition will be conducted in accordance with the ISU Constitution and General Regulations 2021, the Special Regulations & Technical Rules Single & Pair Skating and Ice Dance 2021, and the relevant ISU Communications.

Last edited by a moderator:

ladyjane

Medalist
Country
Netherlands
According to the Dutch website on skating, it as as yet undecided whether the Challenge Cup will be organised in The Hague again or elsewhere in The Netherlands.

Country
Norway
Mai Mihara and Ilia Malinin are scheduled to skate here.
I understand sending Ilia, but why Mai? Not that I’m complaining.

Oh and tickets are for sale now.
Is the entries list out or did you read that somewhere else?

Both Ilia and Mai, that´s great :love: Who knows, maybe Mai want ranking points.

ladyjane

Medalist
Country
Netherlands
I had actually been expecting Ilia to come, considering he could not take part in either 4CC or Bavarian Open as he is an alternate to the Olympic team, but he does still need his minimum TES for the SP. I'm looking forward to seeing him (got myself a ticket for the whole Championship, and I'll see when I can go). Except for last year due to the pandemic, Japan usually sends some quite good skaters to Challenge. How wonderful t see Mai will come. Looking good!

Regrettably there is as yet no (preliminary) entries list. @Winnie_20 e found about Ilia and Mai the same way I did! Facebook page of Challenge Cup. I hope they'll publish some more information about the entrees soon!

yume

🍉
Record Breaker
Mai Mihara and Ilia Malinin are scheduled to skate here.
I understand sending Ilia, but why Mai? Not that I’m complaining.

Oh and tickets are for sale now.
Probably because as the 1st alternate for olys, she can't go back to Japan do the 10 days of quarantine. Either because it's would be too much time without training while she have to be in shape if she's called. Or because she won't be able to enter China (i've read somewhere that aghletes must be in by february 1st). Better to keep her in Europe.

yume

🍉
Record Breaker
Oups. Just seen the date. Thought it was next week-end. She must be in Japan now.

Winnie_20

Record Breaker
Oups. Just seen the date. Thought it was next week-end. She must be in Japan now.
Possibly it’s because she may be called to go to Worlds, and then she can get an extra competition in? Maybe ranking points?

Winnie_20

Record Breaker
What is the entrance policy for audience? Could not find it. Thank you.
It should be according to these guidelines, assuming they don’t change before then:

English translation is available at https://www.government.nl/documents/publications/2022/01/25/nearly-all-locations-can-reopen

basically:
Events are allowed indoors, with audience until 10 pm, limited to 1,250 people.
You have to sit, and when moving wear a facemask (not when seated). And keep 1.5 meters distance.

You need to be able to show a corona entry pass.

ladyjane

Medalist
Country
Netherlands
Hi @surimi. I'm checking (nearly) every day for a (provisional) entry list but so far without result, except for the info that Ilia Malinin and Mai Mihara will be there in the single's disciplines, Karina Akopova en Nikita Rakhmanin from Russia in Pairs and Yuka Orihara and Juho Pirinen from Finland in Ice Dancing. Ice Dance only in seniors by the way. But nothing more about entrees.

Provisional programme
Thursday 24th of February
12.45: Opening Challenge Cup
13.00: Short programme advanced novice Girls
16.50: Short programme junior Men
18.30: Rhythm Dance seniors Ice Dance

Friday 25th of February
08.00: Free skate basic novice Boys
08.10: Free skate basic novice Girls
09.30: Short Programme advanced novice Boys
10.20: Free skate advanced novice Girls
14.30: Free Skate junior Men
16.10: Medal ceremony basic/adv nov. Boys/Girls/junior Men
16.55: Short Programme senior Men
19.30: Free Dance senior Ice Dance
20.45: Medal Ceremony senior Ice Dance

Saturday 26th of February
08.00: Free skate advanced novice Boys
08.55: Short Programme junior Women
12.15: Free skate senior Men
14.50: Medal Ceremony adv.nov. Boys/senior Men
15.30: Short Programme senior Women
18.55: Short Programme junior Pairs
20.00: Short Programme senior Pairs

Zondag 27 februari
08.00: Free skate junior Women
11.40: Free skate senior Women
15.20: Free Skate junior Pairs
16.20: Free Skate senior Pairs
17.20: Medal Ceremony jr-sr Women/jr-sr Pairs

TT_Fin

The second worst besserwisser in the world
Record Breaker
Country
Finland
Finland is planning to send many skaters. I noticed ID pair Partanen/Klinovitskaya are on the list (Okihara/Pirinen too). P/K have not skated this season, not even at nationals, so it is interesting to see what they can do. I was curious and found Jussiville's IG. He has had a serious Achilles tendon injury.

TT_Fin

Record Breaker
Country
Finland
Finland is planning to send many skaters. I noticed ID pair Partanen/Klinovitskaya are on the list (Okihara/Pirinen too). P/K have not skated this season, not even at nationals, so it is interesting to see what they can do. I was curious and found Jussiville's IG. He has had a serious Achilles tendon injury.
P/K is removed from the participant list :(

surimi

Congrats to Sota, #10 in World Standings!
Record Breaker
So the list is up now, finally?

ladyjane

Medalist
Country
Netherlands
I just read that we'll get an update in app. a week (and this was posted on the FB page of the Challenge Cup on the 10th of February). I think @TT_Fin was referring to the list of Finnish skaters intended to compete there.

TT_Fin

Record Breaker
Country
Finland
I just read that we'll get an update in app. a week (and this was posted on the FB page of the Challenge Cup on the 10th of February). I think @TT_Fin was referring to the list of Finnish skaters intended to compete there.
Yes, Finnish Fed. has a competition calendar on their homepages and there are also mentioned skaters, under each international competitions, who are planning to go. I sometimes pick the names from there.