2022 Europeans - Pairs: Thoughts? | Page 2 | Golden Skate

2022 Europeans - Pairs: Thoughts?

GoneWithTheWind

On the Ice
Country
United-Kingdom
If the top 2 skate like they did here and B/K erase the error from their SP, I think Sui/Han are going to have to bring their very best performances and land their jumps cleanly to get on the podium in Beijing. I really enjoyed the performances from all 3 Russian teams here, very different but very enjoyable in their own ways. I look forward to the battle in Beijing, and just wish their were 4 medals so all 3 AND S/H could have one!

Very pleased to see the two Italian teams do well, even in the absence of DM/G. I saw Conti/Macii on the Gran Premio Italia last season, and it's very nice to see their improvements into this season! Really pleased that G/A managed a place in the top 5 too.

coldblueeyes

Record Breaker
Country
Brazil
I don't really see that. It just looks like an average euler to me... The one at euros was shakey but it does not ALWAYS look like that.
She also landed a nice one in the warmup. But people really expect her to do an Euler like Yuzuru or something. When she’s less nervous she can land nicer ones, but gotta give it to her, she lands it most of the time.

gliese

Final Flight
Country
United-States
She also landed a nice one in the warmup. But people really expect her to do an Euler like Yuzuru or something. When she’s less nervous she can land nicer ones, but gotta give it to her, she lands it most of the time.
I really don't think it ever looks like a step out. It's so obviously an euler. But that's just me lol.

ladyjane

Medalist
Country
Netherlands
Very pleased to see the two Italian teams do well, even in the absence of DM/G. I saw Conti/Macii on the Gran Premio Italia last season, and it's very nice to see their improvements into this season! Really pleased that G/A managed a place in the top 5 too.
Totally agree. I saw Conti/Macii at Challenge Cup last year where they had a rather nasty fall on their Triple twist. I tend to think that's why they stick to the double one even though they know they would get higher scores with a triple. They have improved so much on the other elements (they were always good on the PCS, but only just now got rewarded for that). It must be such a joy to G/A to finish 5th! Also, it's just good to see that even after DM/G retire, there's still a great future for Italian Pairs Skating.