2022 Grand Prix de France: Info and Pre-game Chat | Page 2 | Golden Skate

2022 Grand Prix de France: Info and Pre-game Chat

Andrea82

Medalist
Seeds need to go...host spots and then, it is easier to fly in Europeans... and why expect American skaters everywhere, especially since skam did not invite any French skaters...and in a year where the entire USA Olympic team for men is on hiatus/retired..?

ETA : in any case, whom would you send? Liam of Dinh? Anyone else? Ilia, Camden and Tomoki have their events already. The Japanese, Korean, Georgian and Estonian skaters are much more interesting choices and everyone loves Shmuratko from his engaged performances at recent Worlds. The harsh truth is that there wasn't any American skater available who might have been more appealing. Maxim Naumov is one of my favourite US skaters but I could understand why he is not getting GPs as he was injured... and SKAM could have given him a host spot if they wanted him to compete so badly...

Naumov and Tran weren't in the Season Best top 75. So they could qualify only for Skate America host picks.
Kapeikis was #73. Skaters in that range of positions generally got only 1 GP in the first round of invitations. He could have been picked as a last-minute invitation to replace Shaidorov here but they picked Britschgi because .....as you said, he is probably cheaper to be brought in (as organizers pay the travel expenses of skaters in GPs).

Last edited:

NoNameFace

GS given name - Beatrice
Record Breaker
These are lovely reasons to remember the French Grand Prix. I’ll add another—the beautiful Lalique glass pieces that were awarded to the winners, back in the day.

I have high hopes that John Wilson, title sponsor of the Sheffield event, will do something similar, maybe involving gold-plated, or beautifully engraved, blades.
Oh yes, I'm still in full nostalgia mode while re-watching TEB era performances with that midnight sky backdrop, dreamy stuff...

And IdF era in Grenoble was all about disco mini podiums and random plastic trophies in weird shapes (hexagon!). Plus one more thing I remember is 2018 IdF where I got a huge chunk of my flag signatures, especially from US and Japanese skaters :)

4everchan

Record Breaker
Country
Martinique
Hm, not recalling birds being guest stars in Grenoble, at least when I was live there, but - birds are for certain a feature in Espoo during Finlandia Trophy.
Bird interrupted Stepanova/Bukin's RD in 2018 and recently also a bird was spotted on the ice during Gubanova's skate :)
i am getting old...divots in my memory

Paz

Rinkside
I see strong competitors in most categories:

Yelim Kim over Loena Hendricks?

Safina/Berulava over Deanna/Max?

Fa over Kazuka?

Only in dance do I see a #1 on their own competitor, Guignard/Fabbri.

Seven Sisters

Medalist
For those who live in US or Canada, as you might know, if the area you live in observes Daylight Savings Time, that will end this Sunday, November 6 so we turn the clocks back an hour. I was checking times for the Grand Prix of France and was going to subtract six hours to get my time in Eastern Time Zone of US then realized that France has already ended DST so they're only five hours ahead.

I just wanted to mention this in case anyone else was "translating" the schedule to figure out when it would be on their area.
The one good thing about Peacock in the US is that they did all the time calculations for you :)

CoyoteChris

Record Breaker
For those who live in US or Canada, as you might know, if the area you live in observes Daylight Savings Time, that will end this Sunday, November 6 so we turn the clocks back an hour. I was checking times for the Grand Prix of France and was going to subtract six hours to get my time in Eastern Time Zone of US then realized that France has already ended DST so they're only five hours ahead.

I just wanted to mention this in case anyone else was "translating" the schedule to figure out when it would be on their area.

The one good thing about Peacock in the US is that they did all the time calculations for you :)
This all reminds me to make a chart when I can stream on demand...a large windstorm with 50 mph gusts is coming Friday-Saturday and while I have a generator and wood burning stove, my crazy internet system is liable to go down.....:drama::(:angry::confused:

Country
Russia
ISU GP Grand Prix de France 2022
Angers / FRA
04.11.2022 - 06.11.2022

Men
No. Name Nation Score
1 Kazuki TOMONO JPN 269.37
2 Adam SIAO HIM FA FRA 266.12
3 Sota YAMAMOTO JPN 247.65
4 Sena MIYAKE JPN 240.02
5 Lukas BRITSCHGI SUI 239.66
6 Sihyeong LEE KOR 235.71
7 Mihhail SELEVKO EST 234.72
8 Wesley CHIU CAN 232.39
9 Nika EGADZE GEO 227.57
10 Ivan SHMURATKO UKR 221.44
11 Luc ECONOMIDES FRA 207.69
12 Landry LE MAY FRA 206.64

Women
No. Name Nation Score
1 Loena HENDRICKX BEL 219.05
2 Yelim KIM KOR 213.97
3 Haein LEE KOR 213.52
4 Mana KAWABE JPN 205.44
5 Audrey SHIN USA 203.86
6 Rino MATSUIKE JPN 202.21
7 Olga MIKUTINA AUT 198.77
8 Mae Berenice MEITE FRA 178.89
9 Lindsay VAN ZUNDERT NED 175.81
10 Rion SUMIYOSHI JPN 174.96
11 Lea SERNA FRA 171.00
12 Maia MAZZARA FRA 170.06

Pairs
No. Name Nation Score
1 Deanna STELLATO-DUDEK / Maxime DESCHAMPS CAN 197.89
2 Karina SAFINA / Luka BERULAVA GEO 192.44
3 Rebecca GHILARDI / Filippo AMBROSINI ITA 189.22
4 Annika HOCKE / Robert KUNKEL GER 184.47
5 Maria MOKHOVA / Ivan MOKHOV USA 161.29
6 Camille KOVALEV / Pavel KOVALEV FRA 157.36
7 Oceane PIEGAD / Denys STREKALIN FRA 138.36

Ice Dance
No. Name Nation Score
1 Charlene GUIGNARD / Marco FABBRI ITA 211.85
2 Laurence FOURNIER BEAUDRY / Nikolaj SOERENSEN CAN 203.76
3 Evgeniia LOPAREVA / Geoffrey BRISSAUD FRA 192.85
4 Juulia TURKKILA / Matthias VERSLUIS FIN 186.30
5 Katarina WOLFKOSTIN / Jeffrey CHEN USA 180.46
6 Eva PATE / Logan BYE USA 179.63
7 Maria KAZAKOVA / Georgy REVIYA GEO 176.19
8 Loicia DEMOUGEOT / Theo LE MERCIER FRA 170.89
9 Molly LANAGHAN / Dmitre RAZGULAJEVS CAN 170.19
10 Marie DUPAYAGE / Thomas NABAIS FRA 165.78

labgoat

Done updating WJC rewatches!
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Oh yes, I'm still in full nostalgia mode while re-watching TEB era performances with that midnight sky backdrop, dreamy stuff...

And IdF era in Grenoble was all about disco mini podiums and random plastic trophies in weird shapes (hexagon!). Plus one more thing I remember is 2018 IdF where I got a huge chunk of my flag signatures, especially from US and Japanese skaters :)
That's how I felt when I was creating the past Grand Prix events. Every old event was new again, so many skaters I had forgotten or the US coverage had ignored. I realized I did not remember who won and got sucked into the rabbit hole again and again. And yes, that Midnight Sky backdrop was epic and led to some really great show numbers.

NoNameFace

GS given name - Beatrice
Record Breaker
That's how I felt when I was creating the past Grand Prix events. Every old event was new again, so many skaters I had forgotten or the US coverage had ignored. I realized I did not remember who won and got sucked into the rabbit hole again and again. And yes, that Midnight Sky backdrop was epic and led to some really great show numbers.
True. The older I get, the more I rediscover older FS eras.
The other day I re-watched Dance events at Vancouver 2010 Olympics. It feels like eons ago at this point, but...it really causes nostalgia over certain things that were there in the past :).
Sometimes it's good to make that memory lane hike from time to time hehe.

labgoat

Done updating WJC rewatches!
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Starting orders are up

ISU entries/results page

Rewatch with Livestream links will go here...

Last edited:

Seven Sisters

Medalist
True. The older I get, the more I rediscover older FS eras.
The other day I re-watched Dance events at Vancouver 2010 Olympics. It feels like eons ago at this point, but...it really causes nostalgia over certain things that were there in the past :).
Sometimes it's good to make that memory lane hike from time to time hehe.
It doesn’t hurt that the dance competition at the Vancouver Olympics was one of the all-time best, and most epic (as well as the last to include compulsory dance.) I have watched those replays several times!