2023-24 Grand Prix Final Senior Men Free Skate | Page 11 | Golden Skate

2023-24 Grand Prix Final Senior Men Free Skate

anonymoose_au

Insert weird opinion here
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
Wow he demolished the competition! Hooray! :cheer:

I do hope Mama Malinin was watching - or maybe not the 4A fall, that was rather hard.

Oh boo, I was hoping to see the interview, but once again my stream says no.

It is almost 12:30am so I guess I should head to bed. :bed:

YuBluByMe

May Rika spin her hair into GOLD….in 2026.
Final Flight
BTW. seeing Ilia winning Gold medal today made me feel ... old. 😬 I do remember his mum competing for Uzbekistan FFS.:drama:
Heh, me too. I remember being annoyed because I was rooting for Slutskaya.

anonymoose_au

Insert weird opinion here
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
BTW. seeing Ilia winning Gold medal today made me feel ... old. 😬 I do remember his mum competing for Uzbekistan FFS.:drama:
Hearing Shoma described as an older skater in his mid-20s makes me feel old! Come on, Mark, why you gotta say that?

My stream started up again, so I did hear Ilia's interview :) I shall have to go now though, I do want to wake up at a decent hour.

Congrats to all the medallists! And to Adam - who came 4th :) Condolences to Kao and Kevin, hope to see them doing better in their next competitions.

skylark

Gazing at a Glorious Great Lakes sunset
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Beautiful skating, Ilia! ❤️ Congratulations on your Grand Prix Final win! So happy to halfway hold my breath thru each successive quad, and exhale when he did the Malinin ... um ... raspberry, is it? Such energy. Way to go.

CaroLiza_fan

MINIOL ALATMI REKRIS. EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA.
Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
Podium Ceremony starting now

CaroLiza_fan

Demandred

On the Ice
Ilia going for the 4A even when he needed "only" to reach 190.45 to win, which is 16 points below his season's best, really shows how confident he is in his jumping ability. He is not interested in playing it safe even when it seems the most logical option.