2023-24 Russian Nationals Pairs Free Skate | Page 3 | Golden Skate

2023-24 Russian Nationals Pairs Free Skate

Jumping_Bean

Record Breaker
Is Kadyrova poor at landing or is he throwing her too high? I'm not knowledgable enough with pairs to know. It seems to me the latter is likely.
I think neither? Yasmina has had very beautiful landings in the past, and their throws are not the biggest in the field. I wonder if it's a timing issue, i.e. he's rushing the release, which causes the throw to have more torque & less height than usual 🤔

Pairluv

Final Flight
Is Kadyrova poor at landing or is he throwing her too high? I'm not knowledgable enough with pairs to know. It seems to me the latter is likely.

I actually like them though.
I don't think so. She's just not rotating fast enough and is still in the middle of the final rotation when she lands. I'm not sure why that's happening. A really high throw (like Trankov's) can make it difficult for the woman to land as they come down so hard, but they have plenty of time to complete the rotation in the air. Moskvina's teams tended to do have lower throws if the woman had a fast rotation as they're easier to land cleanly, but I'm not sure what the issue is with Kadyrova.

niks

On the Ice
He wasn't depressed, just exhausted. If Alena won't decide to dump pairs skating, his main goal for the Spring and Summer is to get more muscles but not lose jumps in the process.
I agree that he wasn't sad but just really tired. He needed to take a moment before he could phisically stand up again.

They seemed ok with the scores, and she did smile at the end, I think she was glad they broked the 200 points 🙂

I like Georgy, he seems like a nice guy and really caring for Aliona (for instance, after lifts, etc, he always sets her back to the ice with great delicacy). I hope things work out for them, specially of course in their personal life as a married couple 😊

Last edited:

anonymoose_au

Insert weird opinion here
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
Well that combo was almost like mirror jumps! But it looks like the judges aren't gonna roll with it :p

Jumping_Bean

Record Breaker
I wonder if Mukhortova gets tired of the Tarasova comparisons? Some of the same strengths and same weaknesses.
From their facial features & colouring they really have a lot of similarities, but Nastya has a much more muscular & "short-looking" body type. (Not that Zhenya didn't look strong, she's very muscular too, but she didn't look short), She actually reminds me more of the likes of Meagan Duhamel in that aspect, they just look like tiny terminators.

Her landing positions & the positions she hits in the lifts are always lovely, and I actually don't mind the program, just a shame things don't seem to be working for them. 😢

anonymoose_au

Insert weird opinion here
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
OMG the little heart prop thing at the end :laugh2: that's so cute!

But I missed most of them because of my stream :( I'll have to catch up on them later. It seems to be working now though.

CaroLiza_fan

MINIOL ALATMI REKRIS. EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA.
Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
I wonder if Mukhortova gets tired of the Tarasova comparisons? Some of the same strengths and same weaknesses.

That's it! That's why Mukhortova's name rang a bell with me - she's Bonsai Tarasova!

I'm an idiot. :slink:

To be fair, as she is getting older, Anastasia is looking less like Evgenia. So that is probably why I didn't realise who she was.

Plus, the fact that @elektra blue wasn't here reminding us by getting all excited cheering for her.

CaroLiza_fan

Pairluv

Final Flight
I'm biased, but I think high level pair skating is the most difficult of all the disciplines, and why so many teams internationally are just not that good. The timing has to be just right for so many elements. Another jump error but I really like this team and think they have what it takes.

Jumping_Bean

Record Breaker
Apart from the Lutz combo (which I think she had issues on at one of the Russian GP stages too), that was great :clap: Their throws are very nice, and they have a huge twist.