2023-24 Spartakiad | Page 41 | Golden Skate

2023-24 Spartakiad

icewhite

Record Breaker
Actually, really close with gold and silver in Eu now. Gubanova is better than she is given credit for. Can't wait to finally see her live in Montreal this time, since I didn't get to see Aliev last time...

Well, for me it's not close. I am not a fan of Aliev, his programs are just not my piece of cake, but think he's quite an outstanding skater in terms of quality. Gubanova, to me, is just one very good skater among many, title or not.

Pairluv

Final Flight
Actually, really close with gold and silver in Eu now. Gubanova is better than she is given credit for. Can't wait to finally see her live in Montreal this time, since I didn't get to see Aliev last time...
Her problem is her back impacts her spins and she's not particularly fast, but her posture is just exquisite and her jumps are consistent.

lariko

Medalist
Country
Canada
Well, for me it's not close. I am not a fan of Aliev, his programs are just not my piece of cake, but think he's quite an outstanding skater in terms of quality. Gubanova, to me, is just one very good skater among many, title or not.
Well, his this year's programs are my least favorite particulary the amateur hour short, but I loved the Sound of Silence and his exhibition when he won Euro.

brakes

On the Ice
She's not particularly fast, but they are smart enough to pick music that doesn't require speed. She skates to the beat of the music very well and that's why she's rewarded.
I'm just saying that she seems to listen to the music, is quite likely an 'artistic' skater, but the quality of her skating does not match big hype yet.

Pairluv

Final Flight
Eteri adds 'guest skaters' to her show, and this year she should add Veronika.
She's replacing Kamila with Trusova. I assume they've patched up their differences. It's really sad the ban prohibits Kamila from shows since pretty much all of them have some state sponsorship and that's prohibited in the ruling. I hope she finds happiness with other endeavours if she decides to not attempt a come back in in 2026.

AlexBreeze

Record Breaker
Country
Russia
Petrosian 4Fq
Frolova 3Lzq+2A+2T
Sinitsyna 3Lo<
Gorbacheva 4Sq 3Lz+3T<
Sadkova 4Tq
Agaeva 3F!
Yametova 3Lzq+3T< 3Loq 3Lzq+2A 3F! 3F!<+2T+2Loq
Gushchina 3Loq
Kulikova 3Fe 3Lz<+1Eu+3Sq 2A+3T<
Zakharova 3F!+3T 2F! 2A<+1Eu+2S
Fursova 3Lz<+2A+2A 2Aq+3Tq

yume

🍉
Record Breaker
Petrosian 4Fq
Frolova 3Lzq+2A+2T
Sinitsyna 3Lo<
Gorbacheva 4Sq 3Lz+3T<
Sadkova 4Tq
Agaeva 3F!
Yametova 3Lzq+3T< 3Loq 3Lzq+2A 3F! 3F!<+2T+2Loq
Gushchina 3Loq
Kulikova 3Fe 3Lz<+1Eu+3Sq 2A+3T<
Zakharova 3F!+3T 2F! 2A<+1Eu+2S
Fursova 3Lz<+2A+2A 2Aq+3Tq
Apparently TP could see flat edges on flips very clearly but not on lutzes.