2023 Championnats québécois d'été | Aug 10-13 | Page 2 | Golden Skate

2023 Championnats québécois d'été | Aug 10-13

4everchan

Record Breaker
Country
Martinique
At some point, this event needs to become a summer Senior/Junior International, like Lake Placid, Philadelphia, and Cranberry.
i am fine with it just staying as it is... it's a tiny rink... with bleachers. And during ACI, it's often a pain with some fans taking over with blankets to save spots they don't even need... so yeah :)

gleungc6

On the Ice
Really looking forward to seeing Hensen/Lickers (disappointed they didn’t make the national team) and all of the new senior dance teams, of which there are at least four! What a treat! The entries are looking super strong

4everchan

Record Breaker
Country
Martinique
On one list I see Kim DeGuise Léveillée listed. Is that possible? I thought she was long done.
Yeah, i mentioned it earlier... i guess she is making a come back... but i think she did skate last year too.... It's hard to tell with some of these skaters who got their momentum completely destroyed by Covid. Quebec has very few senior men... and two of them i thought were done... Marek is back (he is not very strong... but cannot really train as much as he did in the past for whatever reason)... and one of the younger guys I like is Antoine Goyette. He has beautiful skating, but no 3a no quads... well... i thought he was done.. then he came back last year... then i thought he was really done when i didn't see him on CQE's list... well... he is on SGE's list...

So I guess with some of these skaters, the goal is just to go to Nationals... and they do whatever works out in their life and schedule.

Seven Sisters

Medalist
Fabulous Senior pairs and dance lineups. I envy those who are able to attend, and would love to see live reports here (looking at you, @4everchan!)

What I don’t see is a time schedule. If anyone knows, I’d love to dip into Dailymotion at the appropriate times, just on the off-chance we might have access to a stream.

4everchan

Record Breaker
Country
Martinique
Fabulous Senior pairs and dance lineups. I envy those who are able to attend, and would love to see live reports here (looking at you, @4everchan!)

What I don’t see is a time schedule. If anyone knows, I’d love to dip into Dailymotion at the appropriate times, just on the off-chance we might have access to a stream.
the schedule is on the website... of course... as well as the dailymotion links

4everchan

Record Breaker
Country
Martinique

PS, I am only going for Pairs and Dance. Will certainly catch on a few women singles programs... but there is no way i can make it there for 9am for Celestino and the other few senior/junior men. If I can walk from my place to the venue for worlds, CQE and ACI are a pain to get to :)

Seven Sisters

Medalist
PS, I am only going for Pairs and Dance. Will certainly catch on a few women singles programs... but there is no way i can make it there for 9am for Celestino and the other few senior/junior men. If I can walk from my place to the venue for worlds, CQE and ACI are a pain to get to :)
You can WALK to the arena for Worlds?

Golden Skate Party at @everchan’s house, this March!

Seriously, those of us coming from out of town for this event, would love to have some food/drink/whatever tips, from someone who knows the immediate vicinity very well!

4everchan

Record Breaker
Country
Martinique
You can WALK to the arena for Worlds?

Golden Skate Party at @everchan’s house, this March!

Seriously, those of us coming from out of town for this event, would love to have some food/drink/whatever tips, from someone who knows the immediate vicinity very well!
yes... i can walk to the venue for Worlds... but i never go that part of town... It's an area that is kind of in the middle of nowhere really though it is right downtown... let me explain, it's close from the central train station... so some shops and a lot of offices and highways :)

On the map, you can see that directly east, it's the old harbour neighbourhood... This is a must see for tourists... so i often go there, but then wouldn't stay in that area...

North is the McGill University Campus and some great museums are there (MAC -Musée d'art contemporain) MBAM (Montreal's Fine Arts Museum).

I never go much West unless I want to visit Atwater Market but then in March, I doubt you will get lots of fresh, local produce :)

There is the mountain a bit more North as well.

The area I find fun to hang out in is Le Plateau which is more East and a bit North. So I would say, that for most people coming from abroad, with all the skating involved and the little time, visiting the Old -Montreal and its harbour and perhaps museums and McGill's campus is probably enough... Montreal is a city known for its food culture. Just make sure you plan to eat out a few times and look for local cuisine which is often inspired by French cuisine but with local ingredients and a modern flair. There are obviously interesting neighbourhoods like Chinatown and Little Italy where you may get some great food too.

Last edited:

gleungc6

On the Ice

4everchan

Record Breaker
Country
Martinique
Damn it.. i just watched milos's potential last match ever and he didn't play well... and now... seeing Julianne... at first I was happy...but now i am sad... stupid injuries.