2023 Lake Placid Ice Dance International | Jul 31 - Aug 2 | Golden Skate

2023 Lake Placid Ice Dance International | Jul 31 - Aug 2

gsk8

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
The 2023 Lake Placid Ice Dance International will take place July 31 – Aug 2, 2023, in Lake Placid, NY, at the Olympic Center. The event will feature the Junior and Senior categories in ice dance and will be conducted in accordance with the 2022 ISU Constitution and General Regulations, the Technical Rules for Ice Dance 2023/24 (ISU Communication 2560) and relevant ISU Communications. This will be an ISU Minimum Technical Score event.

Last edited by a moderator:

Seven Sisters

Medalist
]
Event highlights include the Junior International Rhythm Dance on Thursday July 28, from 1:45 pm – 2:50 pm,

the Senior International Rhythm Dance, Thursday, July 28, 8:15 pm – 9:20 pm,

the Junior International Free Dance, Friday, July 29, from 1:20 pm – 2:30 pm, and

the Senior International Free Dance, Friday, July 39, from 4:20 pm – 6:20 pm.
I think this might be last year’s schedule. THIs year’s event is scheduled for July 31-Aug 2.

That said, I hope to attend, and would love to know the schedule.

TeamGubanova

On the Ice
It’s so frustrating, isn’t it? The entries for the Cranberry Cup—taking place the week after this comp, and in nearby Norwood MA—are up already, but we still have no idea who’s coming to Lake Placid (other than the Browns)
looking at the schedule there seems to be a lot of senior and junior international teams :))))

dorispulaski

Wicked Yankee Girl
Country
United-States
I don't have the entry list but @Sylvia says there are a lot of entries. Note a national qualifying competition for ice dance is going on alongside the international competition:

# of Team Entries

According to USFS' Event Management System (EMS):

Senior International: 18
Senior NQS: 5
Junior International: 12
Junior NQS: 11
Novice NQS: 9
Intermediate NQS: 7
Juvenile NQS: 13

Joe Mendoza

Virtuously Shady Diva
Final Flight
The 2023 Lake Placid Ice Dance International will take place July 31 – Aug 2, 2023, in Lake Placid, NY, at the Olympic Center. The event will feature the Junior and Senior categories in ice dance and will be conducted in accordance with the 2022 ISU Constitution and General Regulations, the Technical Rules for Ice Dance 2023/24 (ISU Communication 2560) and relevant ISU Communications. This will be an ISU Minimum Technical Score event.
is there a prediction contest for this?

dorispulaski

Wicked Yankee Girl
Country
United-States
Junior International Entries:

Catharina GUEDES TIBAU/Cayden DAWSONBRA
Charlotte CHUNG/Axel MacKENZIECAN
Emma GOODSTADT/Christian BENNETTCAN
Sophia GOVER/Billy WILSON-FRENCHCAN
Alisa KORNEVA/Kieran MacDONALDCAN
Harlow STANLEY/Nikita SOSNENKOMEX
Kristina BLAND/Matthew SPERRYUSA
Helena CARHART/Volodymyr HOROVYIUSA
Anya LAVROVA/Jonathan ROGERSUSA
Caroline MULLEN/Brendan MULLENUSA
Leah NESET/Artem MARKELOVUSA
Elliana PEAL/Ethan PEALUSA

dorispulaski

Wicked Yankee Girl
Country
United-States
Senior International Entries

Adrienne CARHART/Oleksandr KOLOSOVSKIYAZE
Samantha RITTER/Daniel BRYKALOVAZE
Livvy SHILLING/Leo BAETENBEL
Nadiia BASHYNSKA/Peter BEAUMONTCAN
Sandrine GAUTHIER/Quentin THIERENCAN
Lily HENSEN/Nathaniel LICKERSCAN
Molly LANAGHAN/Dmitre RAZGULAJEVSCAN
Alyssa ROBINSON/Jacob PORTZCAN
Diana DAVIS/Gleb SMOLKINGEO
Mariia NOSOVITSKAYA/Michael NOSOVITSKYISR
Elizabeth TKACHENKO/Alexei KILIAKOVISR
Leia DOZZI/Pietro PAPETTIITA
Zoe LARSON/Andrii KAPRANUKR
Oona BROWN/Gage BROWNUSA
Angela LING/Caleb WEINUSA
Lorraine McNAMARA/Anton SPIRIDONOVUSA
Eva PATE/Logan BYEUSA
Emilea ZINGAS/Vadym KOLESNIKUSA

BlissfulSynergy

Record Breaker
Country
Olympics
I don't see U.S. figsk doing anything to satisfy or to take advantage of fan interest by providing streaming links. In Canada, at least they have archived streams available on Dailymotion for many of their domestic events.

I believe Flores/ Desyatov are competing this weekend too in New York. It must not be an updated list.

The LPIDI website is not helpful. It's as if the people running figsk do not care about driving fans away out of annoying lack of coverage and accessibility.

Jumping_Bean

Record Breaker
I believe Flores/ Desyatov are competing this weekend too in New York. It must not be an updated list.
If Flores/Desyatov are competing this weekend in NY and are not on this list, they're probably competing in the simultaneously running qualifying event for Nationals, the Lake Placid Ice Dance Championships, for which the entries have not been released yet.

Last edited:

BlissfulSynergy

Record Breaker
Country
Olympics
^^ Yeah @Jumping Bean, since I saw the schedule had separate events for Senior Combined RD and FD, vs Senior International RD and FD, I suspected that Flo/Des might be listed for the domestic event. Still, those entries aren't up, and there's no explanation provided of when the entry list will be posted. They threw up the international list of names with no designation between juniors and seniors. I have an understanding of who is and is not senior, but why the unorganized lists? Plus, no dates are on the event schedule, that I could see.