2023 NHK Trophy Women's Free Skate | Page 3 | Golden Skate

2023 NHK Trophy Women's Free Skate

anonymoose_au

Insert weird opinion here
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
I'd vote for and Aussie GP in a heartbeat!
Indeed! Sometimes we get a Junior one :)

Also we were meant to have a 4 Continents a few years back, but alas COVID and lack of interest (?) scuppered that.

Wakaba went for 3A but fell, but that combo was lovely!

Seven Sisters

Medalist
I was torn as to whether to try to stay up to watch a bit of this, but then I turned on the stream, and heard—Fix You.

That made the decision easy. Good night, folks! Catch you later :)

Dr. Jenn

Medalist
Amazing job, Wakaba!! :D One silly fall, and one totally acceptable fall on a very hard element, but the rest was fantastic. She is such a talented skater, and I'm so pleased that she's back! She has excellent skating skills, and I love the pop in her jumps.

YuBluByMe

May Rika spin her hair into GOLD….in 2026.
Final Flight
Ugh, this song sucks! It’s like the singer just decided to sing right after getting out if bed or something. His voice is putting me to sleep. With that being said, that was a good skate by Higuchi other than the ignit fall in the choreo. She should move up quite a bit.

TT_Fin

The second worst besserwisser in the world
Record Breaker
Country
Finland
The scores in the box was 67 when Wakaba finished but some underrotations were again visible.

auser

Record Breaker
I am not fan of Playcold, but this is Wakaba's strongest performance in a while and her speed and fantastic triple jumps are so invigorating. Too bad about the freak fall, but I pray she will move up regardless.
If I didn't love the Shibs ice dancers so much I would be not amused in the strongest sense at them for possibly popularizing this noise for figure skating
:devil:

Carol1

Medalist
Ugh, this song sucks! It’s like the singer just decided to sing right after getting out if bed or something. His voice is putting me to sleep. With that being said, that was a good skate by Higuchi other than the ignit fall in the choreo. She should move up quite a bit.
Lana Del Rey, Beth Hart, Ed Sheeran, and whoever sings "In This Shirt" sound like they haven't left their bed in at least two decades, so skating to vocalists who sound like the are performing "right after getting out of bed" is a joy in comparison, in my humble opinion.