2023 Skate Canada Men's Free Skate | Page 12 | Golden Skate

2023 Skate Canada Men's Free Skate

Ares

Record Breaker
Country
Poland
Yamamoto barely defends his gold here after the FS, wow. That strong SP helped a lot to stop Miura from winning.

lileychristie

Lee-lay
Medalist
Country
Australia
Wow Sota is 3rd in the FS but still managed to win by less than a point :oops:
Kao must be regretting that popped quad in the SP so much now..

el henry

Go have some cake. And come back with jollity.
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Yes, Sota!:hap10:

Sorry, greatly preferred Sota to Kao. Sota showed emotion and tried to work with the warhorse, rather than Kao's "git 'er done" attitude.

I admire Kao's gifts, but he needs to learn at least some expression skills.

RatedPG

Record Breaker
Country
Canada
Wesley… just made a case to be chosen for Senior Worlds for Canada. 220+ and 7th is not bad.

Conrad… sadly…. I have in 3rd behind Stephen. This was a missed opportunity. He has quads. But, loses so many points in other elements.

Sadly Wesley and Stephen are still eligible for Junior Worlds.
That is why I need Conrad and Roman to do better.

Aleksa… 🫣 down to 6th behind Roman and Matthew Neuman. That was a bad free skate

apgold

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
That was a chaotic event and not in a good way. Last weekend's event was so much better.

I hope Jun is okay after those falls. I wonder what the highest score will be in predictions? I think I got 30 pts.

Skater Boy

Record Breaker
Reporting for cacti. BTW today is my one year anniversary of being engaged to Jimmy Ma.
I hope this is a joke because publicly he has been seen with someone else. Of course it could be just a friend and in our modern world I guess people can have multiple relationships.

el henry

Go have some cake. And come back with jollity.
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
That was a chaotic event and not in a good way. Last weekend's event was so much better.

I hope Jun is okay after those falls. I wonder what the highest score will be in predictions? I think I got 30 pts.

If anyone predicted Sota for gold, I would like them to buy lottery tickets for me. :)

4everchan

Record Breaker
Country
Martinique

i think someone got 60... i just looked... i got 40. which is not that bad LOL

cheerknithanson

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
oh well... @cheerknithanson is not here and kevin reynolds is doing the commentary.... she will regret this.
I was at a Halloween party lol. Wouldn't have been appropriate to put it on full volume. Also, I think that's only for the CBC feed. I would have needed a VPN for that.

I've heard him do commentary on Skate Canada Autumn Classic a few times in the past few years. And also during 2023 Nationals when Daily Motion streamed Canadian Nationals.

cailuj365

On the Ice
Glad Sota won that. He was easily the most impressive in the SP and kept it mostly together in the FS. He skated like a reigning GPF silver medalist.

I wonder if Cha is injured or something. I know he doesn't usually start the season the strongest, but these skates have been unusually poor.