2024 Channel One Cup | Page 2 | Golden Skate

2024 Channel One Cup

AlexBreeze

Record Breaker
Country
Russia
I guess most juniors won't be picked for the FP since they are at disadvantage. They can't get the choreo sequence's points on their BV.
I think it's complicated.

Lidiia and Margo are at advantage in both the SP ans FS if the 3A is clean.
Alisa is at advantage in the FS due to high BV (even without the choreo seq). She might lose the SP to Ksenia, Alina, Anna.
Arseniy and Lev are good for the FS due to their consistency and high BV even without the choreo seq. Attempting quads for the first time in the SP may very risky. Lev also has problems with his 3A that may hurt his potential SP score.
Vanya, I don't know. Probably the SP with one quad is a good choice.

Last edited:

yume

🍉
Record Breaker
I think it's complicated.

Lidiia and Margo are at advantage in both the SP ans FS if the 3A is clean.
Alisa is at advantage in the FS due to high BV (even without the choreo seq). She might lose the SP to Ksenia, Alina, Anna.
Arseniy and Lev are good for the FS due to their consistency and high BV even without the choreo seq. Attempting quads for the first time in the SP may very risky. Lev also has problems with his 3A that may hurt his potential SP score.
Vanya, I don't know. Probably the SP with one quad is a good choice.
True that their layouts are so loaded with ultra-c that the lack of step sequence (not the choreo, i had the old rule in mind) doesn't change anything.
If Margo skates the SP, i'm curious to see what will be her score compared to Petrosyan and Muravieva with the same layout. Probably low 80s or high 70s.

Amei

Record Breaker
Team captains
Zagitova
Shcherbakova
Tuktamysheva

I feel like I read an article after the jumping tournament that Channel One was going to reduce the number of presenters (which makes sense, not advocating for someone to lose a job but its been crowded on the who has microphone front).... so is their solution to that to change the people to be "team captains"?

Curious to see about Shcherbakova's form and what she does for the captain's contest, which is usually a performance. She was scheduled to skate at the show on 2/14 but WD due to injury and she was in China the last week or so and her ankle was noticeably taped up. She did skate but just general skating around, no elements.

AlexBreeze

Record Breaker
Country
Russia
Elements Battle
Points are awarded for each contest:
1st - 3 points
2nd - 2 points
3rd - 1 point

The team that scores the most points in 7 contests wins

Pairs
1. Death Spiral (forward inside)
Three pairs compete simultaneously (one pair of each team). Every pair executes forward inside death spiral. The pair that performs most revolutions wins. The number of revolutions is counted by the judges since the beginning of the element (using 1/4 steps).

2. Lift
Three pairs compete simultaneously (one pair of each team). Every pair executes rotationary lift on one hand. The pair that performs the longest element wins. The judges are running time since the transition to one hand. The end of the element execution or violation of the rules of execution of the element is indicated by the sound signal that symbolises stopping the stopwatch.

Ice Dance
3. Twizzles
Three couples compete in turn (one couple of each team). Every couples executes twizzles (any). The couples that performs the longest element wins. The judges are running time since the first revolution. The end of the element execution or violation of the rules of execution of the element is indicated by the sound signal that symbolises stopping the stopwatch.

4. Curve Lift
Three couples compete in turn (one couple of each team). Every couples executes curve lift. The couples that performs the longest element wins. The judges are running time since the beginning of the lift. The end of the element execution or violation of the rules of execution of the element is indicated by the sound signal that symbolises stopping the stopwatch.

Single Skating
5. Solo Jumps
Three men and three women from each team compete and do a triple jumps relay in the following sequence: 3T, 3S, 3Lo, 3F, 3Lz, 3A. The winner is the team that performs all the jumps in the least amount of time. The judges record the time of the elements execution. The athletes must pass the baton (touch each other) between jumps.

In case a jump is performed with a mistake, the athlete must repeat it (mistakes: two-foot landing, touching the ice with one or two hands, step-out and a fall). A maximum of three attempts is allowed for the execution of each jump, after which a team is disqualified if the element isn't successfully completed.

6. Side-by-side Jumps
Every team has to perform two different side-by-side jumps (every side-by-side jump is done by two athletes of each team). One attempt is allowed for every pair of participants. The winner is the team that scores the most points for the execution of jumping elements (according to the rules of pair skating).

7. Relay

All team members must take part in the relay. Pairs and ice dance couples perform their stage together.

Relay stages:
1. Fordwards
2. Backwards
3. One foot (left)
4. One feet (right)
5. Swizzles (forwards/backwards)
6. Forward strokes
7. Cross rolls (forwards/backwards)

The athletes must pass the baton (touch each other) between the stages. The winner is the team that crosses the finishing line first.

Skating91

Medalist
I was struggling to be enthusiastic for this given what's happened to Valieva, all the injuries, introduction of juniors at the expense of seniors, but it's too complicated the format. Kind of like the jump tournament.

For the jump tournament I read through the rules, but it should be something intuitive. I shouldn't have to read through it and then read it a couple more times to see if I missed anything.

niks

On the Ice
In my view, it's good they are trying new things. It's an experiment, we'll see how it goes. But at least they care enough to be creative and introduce new features besides the (by now) well-known programs. They make the effort to try to distinguish the event from others and make it as entertaining / appealing as possible for a wider audience.

I agree though that I would prefer it too if they didn't mix juniors into senior competitions. Though that's mostly just my personal opinion because I'm not really into junior skating in general and it feels weird / disproportionated to me to see very little children competing against adults / bigger children as in the Jumping tournament. And last but not least, becuase there are several senior skaters I'd rather see instead :) Wasn't there going to be originally a specific Junior Channel One Cup? I seem to remember something like that but not sure

AlexBreeze

Record Breaker
Country
Russia
Lev and Vanya are sharing one chair

photo_2024-03-01_19-19-56.jpg

AlexBreeze

Record Breaker
Country
Russia
Team rosters with draft order

Team Red (Tuktamysheva)
Aleksandra Boikova/Dmitri Kozlovski (2nd)
Yulia Artemieva/Aleksei Bryukhanov (5th)
Sofia Muravieva (3rd)
Alisa Dvoeglazova (4th)
Lidiia Pleskacheva (9th)
Maria Agaeva (10th)
Arseniy Fedotov (1st)
Lev Lazarev (6th)
Matvei Vetlugin (7th)
Alexander Samarin (12th)
Elizaveta Khudaiberdieva/Egor Bazin (2nd)
Ekaterina Mironova/Evgeni Ustenko (5th)

Team White (Zagitova)
Ekaterina Chikmareva/Matvei Yanchenkov (3rd)
Natalia Khabibullina/Ilya Knyazhuk (4th)
Margarita Bazylyuk (1st)
Kseniia Sinitsyna (6th)
Alina Gorbacheva (7th)
Ksenia Gushchina (12th)
Evgeni Semenenko (2nd)
Mark Kondratiuk (5th)
Roman Savosin (8th)
Ivan Ramzenkov (11th)
Irina Khavronina/Devid Narizhny (3rd)
Sofia Leontieva/Daniil Gorelkin (4th)

Team Blue (Shcherbakova)
Anastasia Mishina/Aleksandr Galliamov (1st)
Elizaveta Osokina/Artem Gritsaenko (6th)
Adeliia Petrosian (2nd)
Anna Frolova (5th)
Daria Sadkova (8th)
Veronika Yametova (11th)
Vladislav Dikidzhi (3rd)
Petr Gumennik (4th)
Dmitri Aliev (9th)
Daniil Samsonov (10th)
Aleksandra Stepanova/Ivan Bukin (1st)
Sofia Shevchenko/Andrei Ezhlov (6th)

Last edited: