2024 European Championships Pairs Short Program | Page 4 | Golden Skate

2024 European Championships Pairs Short Program

Jumping_Bean

Record Breaker
Ioulia and Michal to me are clearly the strongest skaters and performers out of the three pairs so far, but they are also still somewhat messy due to how new of a team they are (and he does not have a lot of pairs experience in general, he wasn't doing 3Tws at all with his previous partner).

Overall, pretty good start to the competition so far, I must say.

Ichatdelune

Long live the Queen and her successors
Record Breaker
Country
South-Korea
Seriously? Zamboni already? Well I can't get snacks anymore so what am I supposed to do

Jumping_Bean

Record Breaker
So it´s only two teams who don´t qualify and it´s going to be separated with only one point? :/
It's only two teams who don't get though to the Free, indeed, but I think some of the upcoming teams will fall below the teams who have skated so far. The Crafoords for example have scored mostly below 50 points this season, and some other teams have been very inconsistent.
It probably still won't be too much separating the teams who make it and those who don't, which is quite sad. :(

CaroLiza_fan

MINIOL ALATMI REKRIS. EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA.
Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
Ach, for goodness sake! I forgot there were cut-offs at Europeans. :mad:

Oh no. That means unless two partnerships go below Barbora and Martin, they won't be getting to do their Free Skate. And after them being so impressive.

If any of the three partnerships that have gone so far get knocked out, I would feel so sorry for them, since there is only 1.12 points covering all three of them.

But, at the same time, I don't want to wish any of the upcoming partnerships to do badly.

Come on. Just let them all through! We don't care if it makes the total length of the FS competition longer.

CaroLiza_fan

pesto

On the Ice

It's only two teams who don't get though to the Free, indeed, but I think some of the upcoming teams will fall below the teams who have skated so far. The Crafoords for example have scored mostly below 50 points this season, and some other teams have been very inconsistent.
It probably still won't be too much separating the teams who make it and those who don't, which is quite sad. :(
Smart and Mattick have a PB of 46.68...

Jumping_Bean

Record Breaker
Smart and Mattick have a PB of 46.68...
Official PB, yes, but they've scored over 50 at non-CS events this season. If they skate as well as they can (which is a big ask, I understand), I can see them going above 50 here. If that will be enough to qualify, we'll see :unsure:

pesto

On the Ice
Official PB, yes, but they've scored over 50 at non-CS events this season. If they skate as well as they can (which is a big ask, I understand), I can see them going above 50 here. If that will be enough to qualify, we'll see :unsure:
As a Brit, I'd like that.

If all the skaters skate better than the first two, we are in for a good time!

It was a strong showing for an opening group.