2024 U.S. Nationals Senior Free Dance | Page 13 | Golden Skate

2024 U.S. Nationals Senior Free Dance

rain

Record Breaker
Interesting that Johnny said "Unless they are contagious...they should come to the rink" or something to that effect. Last time I checked the flu was quite contagious. My friend just died of Covid 19 at 56 so excuse me if I don't find this courageous.
Yeah. It's selfish to get everyone else sick unless you're in a serious emergency. I hope they were at least taking measures not to spread their flu around, especially since a bunch of skaters are headed off immediately to 4CC.

muptgirl

On the Ice
I strongly suspect that they are all sick. From the Browns to Zingas/K to Green/Parsons, all of them were way, way off today. Thanks, Maddie & Evan! Perhaps you should have taken a sick day
Strange thing to say and to assume they made others sick.... If they just started feeling ill, unlikely that they are the ones making everyone sick if that is in fact the case

slider11

Medalist
Wow.... well, part of me says "good for you" for Chock and Bates to get out there when they are sick. But I see the other side mentioned above that the flu is quite contagious and they are not masked nor really making any attempt to avoid their coach. Will they accept their medals on the podium with the other skaters inches away?

throw_triple_flip

Final Flight
Country
United-Kingdom
OMG Carrerira and Ponomarenko beat Chock and Bates in the free dance.

Thsoe ordinals are pretty crazy for ice dance (though Europeans were a bit like that too.. can we hope that there's a bit of a change in ice dance occuring at the moment?)

rain

Record Breaker
So disappointed for Caroline and Michael. I love that program but they were really flat today.
This is the best program they've had with their new team, and I disagreed with the commentators that it was too much of a retread of their previous one. But today it was not great.

muptgirl

On the Ice
OMG Carrerira and Ponomarenko beat Chock and Bates in the free dance.

Thsoe ordinals are pretty crazy for ice dance (though Europeans were a bit like that too.. can we hope that there's a bit of a change in ice dance occuring at the moment?)
I mean... Evan look like he was about to pass out and C/P skated incredibly well. I think it was fairly scored for how people performed on this day. I really don't think it's going to be indicative of the future if Madi and Evan performed where they typical can when feeling well. Even their performance level was just nothing like it usually is

labgoat

Working on Costumes contest & REWATCHES
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Strange thing to say and to assume they made others sick.... If they just started feeling ill, unlikely that they are the ones making everyone sick if that is in fact the case
This is likely. They could’ve encountered anyone sick at the arena who touched the doorknob of the bathroom or lockerroom. Fun fact - place where most get sick. - planes, restaurants, grocery stores, schools, daycare.

Last edited:

labgoat

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
This is the best program they've had with their new team, and I disagreed with the commentators that it was too much of a retread of their previous one. But today it was not great.
I think it was a better creation, but not better executed.

rain

Record Breaker
I think I was maybe most disappointed with Zingas/Kolesnik's skate as that free dance really sings when it's skated well and I was hoping they'd have a moment with it here.

slider11

Medalist
I really recognize how complicated and intricate the choreography that Chock and Bates have is, but I just don't really resonate with them. I don't understand why.
I have to agree. I see the intricacies of their movements but it just doesn't move me. Ice dance should be a package of incredible music, movements and emotion. Their music tends to be bizarre, their movements flashy and their emotions self-contained. Just not the team I want to watch over and over.

labgoat

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Congratulations to Carreira & Ponomarenko who skated incredibly well and Bratti & Somerville who were also very impressive. Thank you judges for calling it as it was skated. Hope everyone sick gets well soon and that the healthy stay that way.
see you tomorrow for men…