Romania
All time:
Virtue/Moir
Davis/White
Yuna Kim
Mao Asada
Irina Slutskaya
Stephane Lambiel
V/T (not sure if they'll come back, but they'll be at "all time" one day, for sure)
(and I can add Machida, even though he should be at "current")

Current:
Yuzu
Liza
Denis
Stolbova/Klimov
new entry: Papadakis/Cizeron
(but I also like Javi, Nam, Elena, Anna Pogo, Gracie...)

Last edited:

SkateSkates

Medalist
All Time: Mao Asada, Sasha Cohen, Kostner, Stephane Lambiel, Daisuke Takahashi, D/W, V/M, B/S pairs
Current: P/C, Lipnitskaia, Farris, Proklova, Hanyu, Ten

Petunia

Rinkside
Ladies: Janet Lynn, Dorothy Hamill, Michelle Kwan, Irina Slutskaya, Yuka Sato who had the softest knees in the business
Men: Kurt Browning (footwork to die for), Matt Savoie (edges to die for), Daisuke, Johnny Weir and Alexi. Jason Brown is too adorable for words.
Pairs: Zhen & Zhou (I know I mangled that spelling. But if you've never watched their Nessum Dorma program, do it now. I've seen it at least 30 times and I still get choked up watching it), Tai and Randy, and of course Gordeeva and Grinkov.
Dance: Meryl & Charlie, the Ducheneys, Torvill & Dean and Anissina and Pezerot.

plushyfan

Record Breaker
Country
Hungary
I forgot these skaters: Pitkeev and Petrov, Vasiljevs, Jason, Adam Rippon.

And I like two promising skaters Andrew Torgashev and Piotr Gumennik. I can't wait to see them as seniors!! And in Junior competitions, of course.

kwanatic

Check out my YT channel, Bare Ice!
Record Breaker
All-time: The Kween, Michelle Kwan. :bow:

Past eras: Kristi, Oksana,
Recent Era: Mao, Yu-Na, Carolina, Akiko
Current favorites: I'd say Ashley and Elena are my top 2 favorites right now, but I really like Liza, Satoko, Julia, Adelina, So Youn, Kanako, Zijun, Rika, Evgenia, Maria S., Alexandra, Karen and, who I think will by my new favorite next season, Polina Tsurskaya,

noskates

Record Breaker
All time: Kurt Browning, Michelle Kwan, Gordeev & Grinkov

Current: Davis and White, Jason Brown, Adam Rippon

Sophie-Anna

Medalist
I forgor Shen and Zhao. How could I? Of course I love them :love:
And except them and other skaters I wrote in my previous post I have many many favorite skaters. I follow almost every fan fest thread on GoldenSkate and if I wrote it there I would forget someone.

Sandpiper

Record Breaker
My all-time favourite skaters are Michelle Kwan and Evgeni Plushenko. Without them, I probably wouldn't have gotten into figure skating. They have very different styles (obviously) and not a lot of fandom crossover, but they were both creative, charismatic, and competitive. Perhaps I'm simply drawn to those quality, regardless of a skater's specific style (hence why my favourites are all over the place... see below).

Other past favourites:
Ladies: Oksana Baiul (what star power she had! If she'd competed longer, and her personal problems hadn't gotten in the way, perhaps she would be my all-time favourite), Mao Asada (the only flexible, balletic skater to throw down 3A), Yuna Kim (cliche to say, but incredible combination of athlete/artist)
Men: Daisuke Takahashi (unmatched feel for the music), Alexei Yagudin (his footwork + his incredible Olympic performances)
Pairs: Gordeeva/Grinkov (precision and technical strength, along with the connection we love to see in pairs), Pang/Tong (chemistry, feel for the music, plus the perfection of their throws), Shen/Zhao (powerful, exciting), Berezhnaya/Sikharulidze (breathtaking)
Ice Dance: Anissina/Peizerat (most badass programs/performers), Virtue/Moir (unmatched chemistry. I hope they soon force me to include them in the "current" section ;)), Torvill/Dean (most iconic)

Current:
Ladies: Elizaveta Tuktamysheva, Ashley Wagner, Yulia Lipnitskaya, Elena Radionova
Men: I like most of the guys, but not sure if I have "favourites" per se (well, I had one at the start of the year: Tatsuki Machida. We all know what became of that :frown:). I'll just say, I'm looking forward to Alexander Petrov getting the quads and having success in seniors.
Pairs: Sui/Han! Also: Peng/Zhang, Yu/Jin, and (if they come back) Volosozhar/Trankov
Ice Dance: The least interesting to me right now... though I like Weaver/Poje, Ilinykh/Zhiganshin, and Stepanova/Bukin (and I really appreciate Papadakis/Cizeron and what they do, though they're not my favourites per se)

AnaBM

Rinkside
This is such a cool thread :dance:. (* corresponds to skaters that despite being competing/still active are already part of my all time faves ).

All time favorites
Ladies: Yuna Kim, Irina Slutskaya, Mao Asada, Shizuka Arakawa.
Men: Stephane Lambiel, Brian Orser, Evgeni Plushenko, Alexei Yagudin.
Pairs: Berezhnaya/Sikharulidze, Pang/Tong, Savchenko/Szolkowy, Shen/Zhao.
Ice Dance: Pechalat/Bourzat, Virtue/Moir, Anissina/Peizerat

Current
Ladies: Yulia Lipnitskaya, Elena Radionova, Elizaveta Tuktamysheva, Kanako Murakami.
Men: Javier Fernandez*, Patrick Chan*, Denis Ten, Yuzuru Hanyu.
Pairs: Volosozhar/Trankov* (all time favorites as well and NO they're not retired yet, y'all make me cry :cry:), Sui/Han, Tarasova/Morozov, Stolbova/Klimov, Duhamel/Radford.
Ice Dance: Hurtado/Diaz*, Weaver/Poje*, Papadakis/Cizeron, Shibsibs, Ruslena.

Sam-Skwantch

“I solemnly swear I’m up to no good”
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I'm surprised Zijin Li isn't getting a bit more love here. That's one cool lady :yes:

MiRé

Match Penalty
ALL TIME: Kristi Yamaguchi, Yuna Kim, Stephane Lambiel, Patrick Chan (though he's coming back..)

Current Favorites: Yuzuru Hanyu, Liza, Zijun Li, So Youn Park, Elena Radionova, D10, Han Yan

nieves

On the Ice
All time: Yuna and Mao, Patrick Chan, Virtue/Moir, stephane Lambiel

Current: Yuzuru, Denis Ten, Anna Poogorilaya, Zijun Li, P/C

Last edited:

blue_idealist

Record Breaker
Men (all time) - Kurt Browning, Shawn Sawyer, Daisuke Takahashi
Men (current) - Konstantin Menshov, Jason Brown, Denis Ten, Jeremy Ten, Alexei Bychenko, Peter Liebers, Richard Dornbush
Ladies (all time) - Elizabeth Manley, Cynthia Phaneuf, Katarina Witt, Nicole Bobek
Ladies (current) - Ashley Wagner, Elena Radionova, Julia Lipnistskaya, Alena Leonova, Rika Hongo, Alaine Chartrand
Pairs (all time) - Brasseur/Eisler, Woetzel/Steuer, Sale/Pelletier, Shen/Zhao, Wende/Wende
Pairs (current) - Duhamel/Radford, Iliuschechkina/Moscovitch, Pang/Tong, Sui/Han, Seguin/Bilodeau, Denney/Frazier
Dance (all time) - Bourne/Kraatz, Denkova/Staviski, Belbin/Agosto, Navarro/Bommentre, Anissina/Peizerat, Krylova/Ovsiannikov, Pechalat/Bourzat
Dance (current) - Ilinykh/Zhiganshin, Weaver/Poje, Hubbell/Donahue, Monko/Khaliavin, Stepanova/Bukin, Fournier Beaudry/Sorensen, Paradis/Ouellette

MaxSwagg

Match Penalty
Ones at the forefront of my mind...

All-Time ("recent"):
*DAISUKE TAKAHASHI (he is IT for me; he's just perfect)
*MAO ASADA
*GORDEEVA/GRINKOV
*BEREZHNAYA/SIKHARULIDZE

Others:
*Evgeni Plushenko
*Sasha Cohen
*Savchenko/Szolkowy
*Domnina/Shabalin
*Belbin/Abosto

Current:
*YUZURU HANYU (without a doubt)
*VOLOSOZHAR/TRANKOV
*Yulia Lipnitskaya
*Taka Kozuka

Others:
*Elena Radionova
*Patrick Chan
*Denis Ten

Last edited:

Hanmgse

Record Breaker
I'm new to the sport but:
*All time
Yuna Kim and Mao Asada
*Current
Yuzuru Hanyu
Yulia Lipnitskaya
Elena Radionova

QMATTERS

Rinkside
All-time
Women: Michelle Kwan, Kristi Yamaguchi
Men: Brian Boitano, Alexei Yagudin and Paul Wylie
Pairs: Gordeeva/Grinkov, Meno/Sand
Dance: Davis/White, Torvill/Dean

Current favorite without a doubt is Jason Brown.

Last edited:

daphenaxa

Record Breaker
Hey all very interesting answers. And a lot of skaters that I was expecting but some others, not so much. The big love for Berezhnaya/Sikharulidze is quite surprising to me and makes me super happy :)

iluvtodd

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
All time - Torvill & Dean, Meryl & Charlie, Tanith & Ben, Navarro & Bommentre, B&K, K&O, Faiella & Scali, Klimova & Ponamorenko, Delobel & Schoenfelder, Pechelat & Bourzat, Dubreuil & Lauzon, Todd (duh!), Paul Wylie, Kurt, Brian Orser, Elvis Stojko, Ilia Kulik. Jeff Buttle, Matt Savoie, Shawn Sawyer, Dick Button, Joanthan Cassar, Takeshi Honda, Daisuke, Midori, Fumie, Shizuka, Akiko,, Mao, Miki, Joannie Rochette, Michelle, Sasha Cohen, Dorothy Hamill, Alissa C., Yuka, Kristi, G&G, Shen & Zhao, Pang & Tong, Moore-Towers/Moscovitch, Ina & Zimmerman, Aliona & Robin

Current - The Shibs, Chock & Bates, Papadakis & Cizeron, Capellini & Lanotte, Weaver & Poje, Hurtado & Diaz, Javi, Michal Brezina, Denis Ten, Yuzuru, Misha Ge, Patrick Chan (just in case he comes back, I'm putting him here), Adam Rippon, Jason Brown, Max Aaron, Josh Farris, Sean Rabbitt, Ross Miner, Nathan Chen, Ricky Dornbush, Taka Kozuka, Nam Nguyen, Ashley, Gracie, Satoko Miyahara, Samantha Cesario, Christina Gao, Ashley Cain, Katelyn Osmond, Elizaveta T., Elena R., Scimeca & Knierem, Maddie Aaron & Max Settlage, Duhamel & Radford, Luba & Dylan, Sui & Han ...

I hope I didn't leave anyone out. That's why I have to keep editing this list!

Last edited:

rugbyfan

On the Ice
All time
Torvill and Dean, Virtue and Moir
The incomparable Kurt Browning (and rather behind but still ahead of the others Yagudin and Buttle)
Midori Ito, Michelle Kwan
Mishkutenok & Dmitriev, Gordeeva and Grinkov

anonymoose_au

Insert weird opinion here
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
All Time: Plushy,of course :p (Waves crazy fangirl flag) I also really like Brian Joubert, Shen & Zhao (epic story there) and Irina Slutskaya (loved the pants in Torino!)

Current: Jason Brown, Sergei, Yuzuru, Javier, Misha Ge, Elizaveta Tuktamysheva:cheer: