American Champs: Predictions Game Round 6 | Page 5 | Golden Skate

American Champs: Predictions Game Round 6

cathlen

Team Gorgeous Cacti!
Record Breaker
Country
Poland
Gold, yes! And ShibSibs winning will give me some points in Ice Dance too! I don't have much hope for singles categories....

invisiblespiral

Record Breaker
Ladies' scorer here. This was not a very high-scoring event for anyone, due to pretty much everyone putting Chen and Hicks in their predictions. Also, no one put Pierce in theirs, although a few people had her as their alternate.

But, we must give out awards.

Gold: eta, with 45 points!
Silver: daphenaxa and rosacotton, with 40 points!
Bronze: SashaJuliaSpins, vivskates, slider11, text_skate, CaroLiza_Fan, sequinsgalore, RaCr9, and Hyena, with 35 points!
Pewter: Layback11, Crossover, musicfan80, arehyaen, tommybuffano12, Chris_E, cathlen, Sugarpova, casualfan, skatefan17, cer, hydroblader, and skylark, with 30 points!

Thank you to eta for catching my errors. If anyone find any more, please PM me. And there's a pewter because this is American Nationals and I feel bad for everyone who got bumped out of medal position because I screwed up.

:slink:

Last edited:

Layback11

Record Breaker
Pairs results are in!!!

Gold Medal : Layback11, matmuh, SashaJuliaSpins, tommybuffano12 ,Chris_E, theskatingbutterfly, sunnystars, desertskates, cathlen, voolfee, lighthouse, Jombi, paperhearts, Nathan13, Weathergal, cer, text_skate, CaroLiza_fan , RaCr9 with 65 points! :yahoo: :hap93:

Silver Medal : apgold, Crossover, invisiblespiral, tulosai, angy555, eta, randomfan, Icebethy, daphenaxa, Marin, ashleywagner, vivskates, casualfan, rosacotton, hydroblader, Lydia1703, Hyena with 55 points! :clap:

Bronze Medal : Florencito, Debrah, sequinsgalore with 50 points! :hap85:

Congratulations to all!!!! :gclap:

if you find any mistakes feel free to correct me!

ERMAGERSH...I predicted the wrong champions (didn't we all lol) and I still won? Omg...

Also, that 30 must be the lowest score ever to medal, lol.

Last edited:

daphenaxa

Record Breaker
Goodness! That is a surprise gold medal for me!!!! I'll take it!:hap57: Thanks to all the graders

eta

Medalist
Ladies' scorer here. This was not a very high-scoring event for anyone, due to pretty much everyone putting Chen and Hicks in their predictions. Also, no one put Pierce in theirs, although a few people had her as their alternate.

Gold: daphenaxa and rosacotton, with 40 points!
Silver: SashaJuliaSpins, eta, slider11, CaroLina_Fan, sequinsgalore, RaCr9, and Hyena, with 35 points!
Bronze: Layback11, Crossover, musicfan80, arehyaen, Chris_E, cathlen, Sugarpova, casualfan, skatefan17, cer, hydroblader, text_skate, and skylark, with 30 points!

Is it the same scoring as the GP series? Because I thought

1 correct (Gold) + 1 place off for 3 people (Wagner and Edmunds switched + Nagasu) + 0 for Pierce = 15+3*10 = 45 for me?

invisiblespiral

Record Breaker
Is it the same scoring as the GP series? Because I thought

1 correct (Gold) + 1 place off for 3 people (Wagner and Edmunds switched + Nagasu) + 0 for Pierce = 15+3*10 = 45 for me?

Okay, I'll redo everyone. Thanks for catching the error... sorry... :slink:

Weathergal

Medalist
Pairs results are in!!!

Gold Medal : Layback11, matmuh, SashaJuliaSpins, tommybuffano12 ,Chris_E, theskatingbutterfly, sunnystars, desertskates, cathlen, voolfee, lighthouse, Jombi, paperhearts, Nathan13, Weathergal, cer, text_skate, CaroLiza_fan , RaCr9 with 65 points! :yahoo: :hap93:

Silver Medal : apgold, Crossover, invisiblespiral, tulosai, angy555, eta, randomfan, Icebethy, daphenaxa, Marin, ashleywagner, vivskates, casualfan, rosacotton, hydroblader, Lydia1703, Hyena with 55 points! :clap:

Bronze Medal : Florencito, Debrah, sequinsgalore with 50 points! :hap85:

Congratulations to all!!!! :gclap:

if you find any mistakes feel free to correct me!

Whoot! Gold medal is a nice surprise! :hb:

CaroLiza_fan

MINIOL ALATMI REKRIS. EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA.
Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
OK, not looking at the comments in the thread, as I haven't seen anything yet. But I just wanted to let you know I went into the spreadsheet there now to get the scores to update HALL OF FAME THREAD with the Ladies scores from Russia and Japan, and found the scores for a couple of this week's categories have been added to the spreadsheet already!

:bow: :clap: :rock: :points:

Consequently, I made out the podium positions for those categories while I was there. (Fingers crossed that there are no mistakes!)

So, for American Championships, that is the Ladies.

CaroLiza_fan

Last edited:

Hyena

Tous les whiskys
Medalist
Silver and pairs and bronze in ladies? I was quite off with these predictions so I'll take it. :yes2:

text_skate

🇺🇦
Medalist
Country
European-Union
Results Men

Half of you all medalled :cool:

GOLD: sunnystars, ashleywagner, slider11, TMC and Weathergal with 65 points! :cheer:

SILVER: matmuh, SashaJuliaSpins, Layback11, Chris_E, theskatingbutterfly, Eclair, desertskates, angy555, randomfan, voolfee, lighthouse, vivskates, rosacotton, Nathan13, Florencito, Debrah, Moxiejan, hydroblader, CaroLiza_fan and sequinsgalore with 55 points! :hap10:

BRONZE: cathlen with 50 points! :dance:

If there are any mistakes, please let me know.

You all apear in the medals chronologically according to your predictions in this thread.

Last edited:

SashaJuliaSpins

Final Flight
Results Men

Half of you all medalled :cool:

GOLD: sunnystars, ashleywagner, slider11, TMC and Weathergal with 65 points! :cheer:

SILVER: matmuh, SashaJuliaSpins, Layback11, Chris_E, theskatingbutterfly, Eclair, desertskates, angy555, randomfan, voolfee, lighthouse, vivskates, rosacotton, Nathan13, Florencito, Debrah, Moxiejan, hydroblader, CaroLiza_fan and sequinsgalore with 55 points! :hap10:

BRONZE: cathlen with 50 points! :dance:

If there are any mistakes, please let me know.

You all apear in the medals chronologically according to your predictions in this thread.

:dance3: I have never done well with men! This is a very pleasant surprise! I'll take my silver with joy. :dance3:

Thank you Text_skate, I appreciate your dedication!

Last edited:

SashaJuliaSpins

Final Flight

Gold: eta, with 45 points!
Silver: daphenaxa and rosacotton, with 40 points!
Bronze: SashaJuliaSpins, vivskates, slider11, text_skate, CaroLiza_Fan, sequinsgalore, RaCr9, and Hyena, with 35 points!
Pewter: Layback11, Crossover, musicfan80, arehyaen, tommybuffano12, Chris_E, cathlen, Sugarpova, casualfan, skatefan17, cer, hydroblader, and skylark, with 30 points!

Thank you to eta for catching my errors. If anyone find any more, please PM me. And there's a pewter because this is American Nationals and I feel bad for everyone who got bumped out of medal position because I screwed up.

:slink:

:laugh2: 35 points for bronze! :rofl: After the short program, I never expected anything!

Thanks Invisiblespiral! U r exceptional for the job you all do!:thank:

desertskates

Medalist
Woot! Gold in pairs and Silver in men, I'm so excited :hap10:
This weekend was such a seriously fun event to watch with underdogs winning thee of the four events. Congrats to all you predictions medalists and to everyone who's favorites reached their goals! :yahoo:

CaroLiza_fan

MINIOL ALATMI REKRIS. EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA.
Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
Have the dance results been posted?

Not yet. But, please be patient, as it is the same scorer that is doing both American and Canadian Dance Championships.

By the way, I have just updated the Hall Of Fame thread, and we now know the final overall Game podium finishers for Men, Ladies and Pairs (the second table in the Canadian Championships post).

:cheer: :clap: :rock: :points:

I will do a special post listing the final Top 10 positions for each category after the outstanding Dance scores are added to the spreadsheet.

HOWEVER, while making out the Hall Of Fame tables, I discovered that every time I have made them out since 4 Nationals, I have committed the cardinal sin. That is, after sorting the scores by descending order for each category in the relevant Round sheet, I did not put the order back to being sorted alphabetically by username. As a result, when I was subsequently sorting the overall Game scores for the "Total After X Rounds" tables, the formula in the cells was looking at the wrong scores from the Round sheet. :eek:

Consequently, ALL THE TOTAL SCORE TABLES FROM 4 NATIONALS ONWARDS WERE WRONG!!! :bang:

I have now fixed them, and the podium positions after each round are significantly different.

Somewhat fittingly, I was one of the players that lost out big time from fixing my mistake. So, poetic justice. :agree:

But, I send my sincere apologies to the other players that thought they had podium positions, and now don't.

CariLiza_fan

Last edited:

tulosai

Record Breaker
Dance Results

The dance scores aren't as high as usual due to two upsets- one major and one more minor- in the event. However, we do have our only perfect score of the American predictions game here, so that's something! The mean is 57 and the median is 55.

Gold with the only perfect score of these games: TMC

Silver with a very respectable 65 points: Weathergal, theskatingbutterfly, randomfan, paperhearts, Moxiejan, Icebethy, eta, Eclair, cathlen, CaroLizafan, arewhyaen, apgold

Bronze with 60 points: tommybuffano12, StitchMonkey, crossover

apgold

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Yay, shared Silver for me! Got C/M and H/B wrong. So glad I went out on a limb for the Shibs!

All other disciplines were just not right for me this time around.