Bradie withdraws from SA; Andrews added | Golden Skate

Bradie withdraws from SA; Andrews added

gsk8

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Starr Andrews Added to 2021 Guaranteed Rate Skate America
Bradie Tennell has withdrawn from the competition

COLORADO SPRINGS, Colorado (October 18. 2021) - Starr Andrews will represent Team USA at 2021 Guaranteed Rate Skate America, U.S. Figure Skating announced Monday. Andrews will replace Bradie Tennell, who has withdrawn from the competition due to injury.

Andrews will make her third Skate America® appearance next week in Las Vegas. She finished fifth at 2021 Autumn Classic International earlier this season. Andrews career-best Grand Prix Series finish is fifth-place at 2019 Internationaux de France.

mrrice

Record Breaker
Bradie has WD from Skate America, Starr is in

This is sad to hear but, it's not a surprise. As defending champion, I'm sure she has a Bye straight in to Nationals. With the field looking strong and Lindsay moving up for Nationals, she needs to be 100% as she tries to defend her title, I wish her the best. She fought so hard to get here title back that I'd hate to see her miss the Olympic Team.

Last edited:

kwanatic

Check out my YT channel, Bare Ice!
Record Breaker
Sad to hear but not shocked Bradie has WD. She's been injured and absent through all of the summer comps and we've seen or heard nothing regarding her condition. Well, there goes the only shot the Americans had at the podium. I'm happy Starr is getting this opportunity but she's not competitive. Amber could be competitive if she's clean but she's still a very iffy competitor.

jenaj

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Sorry for Bradie. But what a shame that Alysa wasn't assigned to Skate America. She is in a near-impossible field in Canada and a not much better one in Japan. She could have medaled here. As it is, she seems unlikely to medal anywhere, with no chance to make the GPF, meaning no US skater has a chance, now that Bradie is out (not that Bradie's chances were great, either).

Last edited:

jenaj

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Sorry for Bradie. But what a shame that Alysa wasn't assigned to Skate America. She is in a near-impossible field in Canada and a not much better one in Japan. She could have medaled here. As it is, she seems unlikely to medal anywhere, with no chance to make the GPF, meaning no US skater has a chance, now that Bradie is out (not that Bradie's chances were great, either).
My post, moved from US Women. Seems like it's more about Alysa than Bradie, but I do hope Bradie is OK.

moonvine

All Hail Queen Gracie
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
This is sad to hear but, it's not a surprise. As defending champion, I'm sure she has a Bi straight in to Nationals. With the field looking strong and Lindsay moving up for Nationals, she needs to be 100% as she tries to defend her title, I wish her the best. She fought so hard to get here title back that I'd hate to see her miss the Olympic Team.
The top 5 senior skaters at Nationals in each discipline get byes to the next years Nationals so she does have a bye.

Amei

Record Breaker
Sad to hear but not shocked Bradie has WD. She's been injured and absent through all of the summer comps and we've seen or heard nothing regarding her condition.

There have been reports that Champs camp was rough for her, the video of her doing all doubles a few weeks ago and a one-off shot of a triple-triple.

Sad to hear but not shocked Bradie has WD. She's been injured and absent through all of the summer comps and we've seen or heard nothing regarding her condition. Well, there goes the only shot the Americans had at the podium. I'm happy Starr is getting this opportunity but she's not competitive. Amber could be competitive if she's clean but she's still a very iffy competitor.

Amber already has 2 assignments, including Skate America, and I'm pretty sure if the US went with a US athlete Starr was pretty much their only option, the only other US skaters who don't have assignments that are ranked are competing as juniors so they can't do a senior GP and Audrey is already at Skate America as the host pick.

labgoat

Done updating WJC rewatches!
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Here's a new post from Bradie's Instagram explaining why she withdrew

I am glad to hear she is back to training. I have been worried about her having a Polina Edmunds experience with her foot.