Brown: " I want to be me" | Page 5 | Golden Skate

Brown: " I want to be me"

Mrs. P

Uno, Dos, twizzle!
Record Breaker
Ha no.

I just read the NYT Mag this morning and it's really a homage to winter sports and what drives the passion of the athletes who are in these sports. There's medal favorites like Lindsay Vonn, but they also feature the Tampa Bay Curling Club, which is more of a recreational league (though they don't rule out getting some Olympians out of it. ;) ) and a luger from India who didn't even have a coach until a few years ago. The piece on Jason fits really nicely in the context of the magazine's theme.

I recommend getting the print edition -- the photos are gorgeous and lovely and the stories are really fun to read over coffee.

Last edited:

el henry

Go have some cake. And come back with jollity.
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I loved the print edition of the magazine (of course I'm old and I love print), the Jason story and many of the others too.

But because I'm old .... that font for used for the headlines for the different sports! Holy moley, can you use something I can read, already? :gaah:

But the gorgeous photos make up for it:biggrin:

I loved the print edition of the magazine (of course I'm old and I love print), the Jason story and many of the others too.

But because I'm old .... that font for used for the headlines for the different sports! Holy moley, can you use something I can read, already? :gaah:

It's more that nine-point font that print newspapers use for their articles in general...