Can’t do Mohawks!! | Page 2 | Golden Skate

Can’t do Mohawks!!

Ic3Rabbit

Former Elite, now Pro. ⛸️
Record Breaker
Country
Olympics
Thanks! Just so annoying to practice lol. I passed my right mohawk today, but my coach refused to pass my left mohawk. Still needs work!
Good job with the right! Skating is always a work in progress so just think of it that way with those left mohawks. Good luck!

Vicki7

On the Ice
Fantastic news! That happens a lot with skating, you'll hit a plateau and then BOOM! Big piece of progress that comes out of the blue. Congratulations on passing level 7!

MiraiFan

Final Flight
I would recommend floor barre exercises (just look it up on YT) and anything turn-out related. I recommend SofaBar especially. Yoga is also helpful. My biggest recommendation is to NEVER try to force anything with cold muscles. Always warm up before doing the more advanced stretches like pigeon pose.
Sofabar's hip opener video is great. I have similar hip issues and do these as part of my post skating recovery.

Vladik

On the Ice
Fantastic news! That happens a lot with skating, you'll hit a plateau and then BOOM! Big piece of progress that comes out of the blue. Congratulations on passing level 7!
Thank you so much! I was having a bad day so I was in a pretty bad mood when I got on the ice. Maybe I skate better when I’m angry hahah. It was very weird though, it just clicked out of nowhere!!!