Coaching Changes Going Into 2015-16 Season | Golden Skate

Coaching Changes Going Into 2015-16 Season

CaroLiza_fan

MINIOL ALATMI REKRIS. EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA.
Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
Can't work out what would be the most appropriate thread for this story, so thought I would create one specifically for coaching changes.

So, to kick the thread off, Serafima Sakhanovich has left Eteri Tutberidze's group in Moscow, and is moving back to St. Petersburg.

Meanwhile (if I have deciphered the bad Google translation correctly!), Alexandra Proklova has left Inna Goncharenko to go to Elena Buianova.

Story (in Italian):

http://www.neveitalia.it/sport/figu...ia-eteri-tutberdize-e-torna-a-san-pietroburgo

CaroLiza_fan

Last edited:

karne

in Emergency Backup Mode
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
Shotaro Omori has gone to Yuka Sato.

Layback11

Record Breaker
Denney/Frazier switched to Ingo Steuer. (They had been working with him but he is now their official coach, just to clear it up.)

Last edited:

4everchan

Record Breaker
Country
Martinique
i wouldn't know :) a while ago josee picard and eric gillies were elite coaches but perhaps they have retired for a decade or even longer and I wouldn't know :) I am just a simple fan who knows a few basic things curious about finding out more :)
I think gauthier and marcotte are the only top level trainers for pairs in Montreal

4everchan

Record Breaker
Country
Martinique
thanks for the info! i thought i had seen her somewhere at the canadian championships (on tv) but wasn't sure... so they're in quebec city... ok :)
Josee Picard still coaches, shes coaching Seguin/Bilodeau right now in quebec.

gravy

¿No ven quién soy yo?
Record Breaker
yup totally. i presume they are going to gauthier/marcotte??? i mean, they will have amazing teammates.

Yep. Duhamel and Radford were interviewed on TSL and they talked about how the environment is fantastic because there are so many high level competitors.

WeakAnkles

Record Breaker
Denney/Frazier switched to Ingo Steuer. (They had been working with him but he is now their official coach, just to clear it up.)

Good news! Now if only S/K would switch to Ingo that would be Even Better News.

By the way, very nice to see you back CaroLiza. You would be much missed if you were gone too long. :)

Weathergal

Medalist
Glad MT/M 2.0 moving to Montreal. Gauthier/Marcotte seem to provide good technical coaching, which is something i think MT/M really need at this point. Kristen is such a lovely skater; I would really like to see her make it. Still sad about the breakup of MT/M 1.0 although I'm looking forward to seeing how Luba and Dylan progress next season. As a side note, found out very recently that Meagan is engaged to Bruno Marcotte. Good for them! :cheer2:

gravy

¿No ven quién soy yo?
Record Breaker
Glad MT/M 2.0 moving to Montreal. Gauthier/Marcotte seem to provide good technical coaching, which is something i think MT/M really need at this point. Kristen is such a lovely skater; I would really like to see her make it. Still sad about the breakup of MT/M 1.0 although I'm looking forward to seeing how Luba and Dylan progress next season. As a side note, found out very recently that Meagan is engaged to Bruno Marcotte. Good for them! :cheer2:

They're getting married in Bermuda in June!

gravy

¿No ven quién soy yo?
Record Breaker
Rumor has it that Hubbell and Donohue are moving to Canada to train.