Conrad Orzel | Page 17 | Golden Skate

Conrad Orzel

4everchan

Record Breaker
Country
Martinique
Conrad has retired to start a new career in the Corporate world.

I wish him all the best.

It's hard, as his "skating dad" to see him go after a difficult year. He had made so much progress... it just didn't click in time.

At the same time, maybe that's why there was so much internal pressure : maybe Montreal worlds was his last goal...
I feel so sad I have never seen him skate live, considering I have seen pretty much everyone I wanted to see since I started to go to the rink for events in 2016, which is pretty much when i discovered Conrad.

Thanks Conrad for your determination and your attitude. You showed so much respect to your coach, the "process" and you certainly were a great advocate for giant skaters out there who do quads. I will remember fondly that LP you did as a junior (that green shirt) for which I felt you should have won the title.

I also smirk thinking about that instagram post of yours showing all quads landed in one day. So much talent.

I simply wish you had had a chance to win a senior title and compete a bit more to have some more successes as a senior because as a junior, you certainly were one of my favourites !!!!

THANK YOU !!!!!!! <3

Arriba627

TWO-TIME WORLD CHAMPION 🔥
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Best wishes to Conrad in his new endeavors. I only saw him skate live once during his senior career (at Sk Can 2022). He had a pretty tough outing there, but I still thought he showed promise. I thought maybe his switch to Ravi would bring him some more favorable results. Wishing him all the best going forward.

4everchan

Record Breaker
Country
Martinique
I am still sad... but I know Conrad will have a fabulous life outside of skating. He brought me so much joy and (some some anxious moments at times). I am a bit emotional from watching this video but it's comforting in some weird way.

16Olympics

On the Ice
He is such an elegant skater. He will be a great asset to the business world where the teamwork and innovation learned as a skater will be rewarded. I really thought he would get on track with Ravi but I guess the skating Gods had other plans.

icewhite

Record Breaker
He is such an elegant skater. He will be a great asset to the business world where the teamwork and innovation learned as a skater will be rewarded. I really thought he would get on track with Ravi but I guess the skating Gods had other plans.

teamwork and innovation are not necessarily the terms that come to mind when I think of figure skating...

but I wish him the best and can imagine him in his new job very well

Ladskater

~ Figure Skating Is My Passion ~
Record Breaker
Sorry to see Conrad moving on. He will be missed as one of Canada's top male contenders. I always enjoy watching his determination to improve his skating skills and compete with the best. Wishing Conrad all the best in his chosen career and hoping he doesn't quite hang up his skates. Maybe a guest star at Stars on Ice is in his future?