Entries | Page 9 | Golden Skate

Entries

kasha6

Rinkside
There is going to be a lot of pressure on Bradie and Mirai to hold on to three spots. Hope Mirai with all the attention can focus and has been practising.

No way we get 3 spots; not possible back to 2

curious

Final Flight
Kaetlyn skated two clean programs at the Olympics but Alina beat her in both, by 4.5 points in the SP and 4.5 points in the FS, mostly due to Alina's backloading and harder 3z+3lo combo.
I'm sure Kaetlyn feels confident, and I'm equally sure that Alina's individual OGM gives her a confidence boost, too. And I suspect Alina's PCS scores will go up even higher with tha major win on the books.

Alina is going to have a very easy time here because evgenia is not going to be the.re. She was the only skater that kept alina scores in check. I only hope carolina can skate a clean short and long and wins silver.6

kevinVchicago

Record Breaker
What? So Ashley or anybody else in the free world with an opinion, is now open to personal attac? Ashley critic the program and not the skater! Many observers agreed with her .
Many observers also disagreed with Ashley, and found her comments to be offensive. But the comment in the forum was just a joke, and a really good one too! :)

chuckm

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Bradie won't be skating first in the SP at Worlds, as she did at the Olympics. The first two flights will be the 10 skaters with the lowest World Rankings, and Bradie at #29 is only 3 spots away from the top 12. But since she didn't make the final two groups (the 12 skaters with the highest World Rankings), she's lumped into the Middle Group of 15 skaters, who will skate in flights 3 through 5. The worst she could possible draw is first in the third group, the best, last in the 5th group.

But her starting order will be way later than it was in Korea, and with a clean skate, she could get a higher PCS score and wind up closer to the top 6 after the SP.

VIKTOR

Rinkside
Bradie won't be skating first in the SP at Worlds, as she did at the Olympics. The first two flights will be the 10 skaters with the lowest World Rankings, and Bradie at #29 is only 3 spots away from the top 12. But since she didn't make the final two groups (the 12 skaters with the highest World Rankings), she's lumped into the Middle Group of 15 skaters, who will skate in flights 3 through 5. The worst she could possible draw is first in the third group, the best, last in the 5th group.

But her starting order will be way later than it was in Korea, and with a clean skate, she could get a higher PCS score and wind up closer to the top 6 after the SP.
Groups 1,2,3,4
1-18 Elzbieta KROPA LTU
1-18 Alisa STOMAKHINA AUT
1-18 Larkyn AUSTMAN CAN
1-18 Gerli LIINAMÄE EST
1-18 Antonina DUBININA SRB
1-18 Amy LIN TPE
1-18 Elisabetta LECCARDI ITA
1-18 Anne Line GJERSEM NOR
1-18 Dasa GRM SLO
1-18 Isadora WILLIAMS BRA
1-18 Natasha MCKAY GBR
1-18 Alexia PAGANINI SUI
1-18 Eliska BREZINOVA CZE
1-18 Xiangning LI CHN
1-18 Hanul KIM KOR
1-18 Viveca LINDFORS FIN
1-18 Kailani CRAINE AUS
1-18 Angelina KUCHVALSKA LAT

Groups 4,5
19-25 Anita ÖSTLUND SWE
19-25 Ivett TOTH HUN
19-25 Loena HENDRICKX BEL
19-25 Bradie TENNELL USA
19-25 Nicole SCHOTT GER
19-25 Laurine LECAVELIER FRA
19-25 Stanislava KONSTANTINOVA RUS

Group 6
26-31 Nicole RAJICOVA SVK
26-31 Dabin CHOI KOR
26-31 Mariah BELL USA
26-31 Elizabet TURSYNBAEVA KAZ
26-31 Gabrielle DALEMAN CAN
26-31 Mirai NAGASU USA

Group 7
32-37 Wakaba HIGUCHI JPN
32-37 Carolina KOSTNER ITA
32-37 Alina ZAGITOVA RUS
32-37 Maria SOTSKOVA RUS
32-37 Satoko MIYAHARA JPN
32-37 Kaetlyn OSMOND CAN

CellarDweller

Ice Time
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I hope that Karen can get her boot issue taken care of, it must be extremely frustrating when your equipment is holding you back.

Congrats to Mariah, and I hope she has a clean skate, and gives a performance she can be proud of.

chuckm

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
So you're saying they're lumping 18 into the bottom group? But they would have to move 3 skaters from the 1-18 into Groups 4-5 to make two flights of 5 each. That would make it even better for Bradie---she'd be either in the 4th or 5th flight of 7 flights.

VIKTOR

Rinkside
So you're saying they're lumping 18 into the bottom group? But they would have to move 3 skaters from the 1-18 into Groups 4-5 to make two flights of 5 each. That would make it even better for Bradie---she'd be either in the 4th or 5th flight of 7 flights.

Three skaters from the 1-18 will skate in the first three places in group 4.

kalee

On the Ice
I agree, it's pretty much a slam-dunk. Alina is not finishing anywhere else than first, 99%, 19 times out of 20.
Can anyone imagine Sotskova anywhere below 12th?
Impossible, she is much more consistent than Anna P., 2nd place at GP shows that when she is on, she can medal.
Stanislava is in good shape too, she is likely to end up around 10th.

+1 :agree:
Masha's season average (ISU comps only) is 203.63 and season's best is 216.28. Lowest score this season was 192.52 at Skate Canada.
Stasya's season average (also ISU comps only) is 186.63 (fairly close to what she scored at JW recently) and season's best is 199.68. Lowest score this season was 174.43 at CS Warsaw Cup.
Assuming that the two Russian ladies score at around their season average and everyone else gets their season's best, that would still put Masha in at around 7th, and Stasya in at around 12th. Realistically speaking there's probably around 14 skaters going to this Worlds (including these 2) who have PB's above 180 -- which includes Laurine Lecavelier and Elizabet Tursynbaeva who both haven't been doing very well lately -- so top 12 is fairly attainable for both.

Sportfan

Match Penalty

frallik

Match Penalty
ISU best:

CAN Osmond - 3, DALEMAN - 16, AUSTMAN - 300
ITA COSTNER - 10, LECCARDI - 277
JPN MIYAHARA - 7, HIGUCHI - 9
USA - TENNEL - 23, NAGASU - 40, BELL - 46
RUS - ZAGITOVA - 2, SOTSKOVA - 13, KONSTANTINOVA - 28

jersey1302

On the Ice
Country
Canada
No danish team Fournier-Beaudry/Sorensen? Do they retire? :(
Jorik Hendrickx isn't on the list too. No Han Yan too. Shuran Yu from Singapore is missing too (but skipped 4 Continents too)

Chafik Bessegnier and Maé-Bérénice Meité even not as substitutes... Retirement or blacklisting from French fed?

I don't understand why Jinseo Kim for South Korea?? Junhwan Cha just withdrew from Junior Worlds and Junehyoung Lee did better results...

Fournier-Beaudry/Sorensen did not retire but they are now going to be skating for Canada. The Danish skating federation cleared Sorensen to compete for Canada after failed attempts at citizenship plagued Fournier-Beaudry

chuckm

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
There may be some changes in the groups due to the Coupe de Printemps this past weekend. Laurine LeCavelier finished 4th and earned enough points to move up in the World Rankings.

Groups 4,5
19-25 Anita ÖSTLUND SWE
19-25 Ivett TOTH HUN
19-25 Bradie TENNELL USA
19-25 Nicole SCHOTT GER
19-25 Nicole RAJICOVA SVK

Group 6
26-31 Laurine LECAVELIER FRA
26-31 Dabin CHOI KOR
26-31 Mariah BELL USA
26-31 Mirai NAGASU USA

Group 7
32-37 Wakaba HIGUCHI JPN
32-37 Alina ZAGITOVA RUS
32-37 Maria SOTSKOVA RUS
32-37 Kaetlyn OSMOND CAN

VIKTOR

Rinkside
There may be some changes in the groups due to the Coupe de Printemps this past weekend. Laurine LeCavelier finished 4th and earned enough points to move up in the World Rankings.

Groups 4,5
19-25 Anita ÖSTLUND SWE
19-25 Ivett TOTH HUN
19-25 Bradie TENNELL USA
19-25 Nicole SCHOTT GER
19-25 Nicole RAJICOVA SVK

Group 6
26-31 Laurine LECAVELIER FRA
26-31 Dabin CHOI KOR
26-31 Mariah BELL USA
26-31 Mirai NAGASU USA

Group 7
32-37 Wakaba HIGUCHI JPN
32-37 Alina ZAGITOVA RUS
32-37 Maria SOTSKOVA RUS
32-37 Kaetlyn OSMOND CAN

No, it's not. Her new ranking is 2104 + 182 - 158 = 2128. Nicole RAJICOVA has 2182.

SaraM

Final Flight
Country
Norway
Im sorry i havent been following the news so much lately.. but was just looking at the entries, and I understand that alot of top skaters don't compete at worlds after olympics but some of this entries i dont get..

First of all, why Mariah over Ashley?? and why Aaron over Brown??

Wheres Dylan and Lubov? :(

What i really dont get is why the russian fed is giving Zhenyas spot to an unknown junior skater instead of Polina Tsurskaya??
Sorry if this has been answered before..

But thank you japanese fed for sending Wakaba!!!! :biggrin:

kevinVchicago

Record Breaker
Im sorry i havent been following the news so much lately.. but was just looking at the entries, and I understand that alot of top skaters don't compete at worlds after olympics but some of this entries i dont get..

What i really dont get is why the russian fed is giving Zhenyas spot to an unknown junior skater instead of Polina Tsurskaya??

But thank you japanese fed for sending Wakaba!!!! [emoji3]
I believe it was because both Ashley Wagner and Jason Brown declined the spots. Konstantinova was sent over Tsurskaya, I believe, because she earned the 1st Alternate spot at Russian Nationals.

ice coverage

Record Breaker

Ziotic

Medalist

Wheres Dylan and Lubov? :(

But thank you japanese fed for sending Wakaba!!!! :biggrin:

Dylan is injured

vla13

Rinkside
Chafik Bessegnier and Maé-Bérénice Meité even not as substitutes... Retirement or blacklisting from French fed?

I think Mae Berenice is injured, I feel like a commentator said she needed surgery on her knee but was putting it off until after the Olympics?