European Champs: Predictions Game Round 1 | Page 4 | Golden Skate

European Champs: Predictions Game Round 1

CaroLiza_fan

MINIOL ALATMI REKRIS. EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA.
Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
Finally! The Men.

I had a bit of a crisis to sort out this morning, so the Men’s predictions are being posted rather a lot later than I hoped.

Given all the drama, I was relieved to find it was actually a straightforward enough process. I knew who I wanted to put in my Top 4, and in what order. The question was the same as it is every year – where to put Kovtun.

You never know which Max is going to show up. So, I was torn. Do I take a chance and put him in 5th? Then next option was Besseghier, who can also be iffy enough, but when he is on it, he is on fire. Or do I go with Hendrickx, who is showing a resurgence?

In the end, I went with Jorik, then Chafiq and then Maxim.

To round up my Top 10, I had three guys who, on their day, are more than capable of getting into the Top 5: Březina, Majorov and Samohin.

Březina had the highest absolute PB, but it is rather old compared to the other two. Plus, he has had a habit the past couple of years of falling a lot. So, I put him in 10th. I probably could have put him lower, but I like the guy and didn't want to push him out completely.

Of the other two, I put Majorov into 8th. Not just because his absolute PB is higher and more recent than Samohin’s, but mainly because I have total admiration for him after what he did for his Dad last year.

All the best, guys!

Caroliza_fan

EUROPEAN CHAMPIONSHIPS

Men

1. Javier FERNANDEZ, ESP
2. Mikhail KOLYADA, RUS
3. Alexander SAMARIN, RUS
4. Alexei BYCHENKO, ISR
5. Jorik HENDRICKX, BEL

Just for fun
6. Chafik BESSEGHIER, FRA
7. Maxim KOVTUN, RUS
8. Alexander MAJOROV, SWE
9. Daniel SAMOHIN, ISR
10. Michal BREZINA, CZE

Snow63

Pray one day we'll open our eyes.
Record Breaker
ICE DANCE results:

Okay, so after offensively terrible, and how revising of SD results showed us even partly incompetent work of technical panel at the event, it's nice to know that at least here on GS in our lovely Prediction Game we award scores and places to participants who actually deserve them. Of course God knows we had some revisings too. But hey! We don't get paid for the job and we are not super-duper professionals who should know the rules of ID as the palm of their hand. Oh well...

Anyway, let's review our result. It's not surprising for me that there is no perfect score, because it seemed that even technical panel didn't know what it was doing. But we have some remarkable scores here. We have 5 winners who shared gold medal with 65 points!

1st place: daphenaxa, Florencito, ines42575, Lyssa, Nathan13, Shoma One, sunnystars- 65 points! :agree:
2nd place: Moxiejan, randomfan, voolfee - 60 points. My congratulations. :clap:
3rd place: and bronze medal goes to Alchamei, alebi, apgold, CaroLiza_fan, desertskates, Greta, Hyena, invisiblespiral, LadyB, lovaticcanada, Marius, noctiluca, Puchi, sallycinnamon, [email protected], Violetti, waterfall braid, Weathergal, xibsuarz, Yatagarasu - 55 points. Well done, guys. Congrats! :yes2:

Congratulations to the winner and all the medalists. Hopefully you will continue to play and win. :)

P.S. As usual, if you find any mistakes with your score, don't hesitate to contact me. We are not ISU, but we still can revise the results as many times as we want. And thank you for playing. :)

LadyB

Record Breaker
ICE DANCE results:

3rd place: and bronze medal goes to Alchamei, alebi, apgold, CaroLiza_fan, desertskates, Greta, Hyena, invisiblespiral, LadyB, lovaticcanada, Marius, noctiluca, Puchi, sallycinnamon, [email protected], Violetti, waterfall braid, Weathergal, xibsuarz, Yatagarasu - 55 points. Well done, guys. Congrats! :yes2:

Thank you, Snow 63!! :hap85:

sallycinnamon

Medalist
Thank you Snow63!

Congratulations to the gold and silver medalists! :)

I am very happy that I got my first ever medal, a bronze. :dance2:

CaroLiza_fan

MINIOL ALATMI REKRIS. EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA.
Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
Just to let you know that the second round of the ISU Championships Predictions Game, the Winter Universiade, starts on Wednesday morning, i.e. the day after tomorrow.

Here is the link to the Universaide Predictions Thread:

http://www.goldenskate.com/forum/showthread.php?62678

Hope this helps

CaroLiza_fan

rosacotton

Final Flight
Men Results

GOLD: Florencito, LadyB, pasha74, silverfoxes, xibsuarz with 45 points
SILVER: casualfan, noctiluca with 40 points
BRONZE: Alchamei, alebi, CaroLiza_fan, Hailey Shin, ines42575, LA143, Layback11, lovaticcanada, matmuh, Nirti, psusanne, sallycinnamon, sunnystars, Violetti, waterfall braid with 35 points

Congrats to everyone!! :hap93:

If there are any mistakes please let me know.

Last edited:

casualfan

On the Ice
Men Results

GOLD: Florencito, pasha74, silverfoxes, xibsuarz with 45 points
SILVER: noctiluca with 40 points
BRONZE: Alchamei, alebi, CaroLiza_fan, Hailey Shin, ines42575, LA143, LadyB, Layback11, lovaticcanada, matmuh, sallycinnamon, sunnystars, Violetti, waterfall braid with 35 points

Hi. I believe I should have 40 points from guessing first Fernandez-15, second Kolyada-10, third Bychenko-5, and fifth. Hendrickx-10.

xibsuarz

Record Breaker
Men Results

GOLD: Florencito, pasha74, silverfoxes, xibsuarz with 45 points
SILVER: noctiluca with 40 points
BRONZE: Alchamei, alebi, CaroLiza_fan, Hailey Shin, ines42575, LA143, LadyB, Layback11, lovaticcanada, matmuh, sallycinnamon, sunnystars, Violetti, waterfall braid with 35 points

I can't believe my first gold this season comes from the men :laugh: but yay finally a gold in my favorite discipline :biggrin:

NoNameFace

GS given name - Beatrice
Record Breaker
Gold! Yes! I guess only a few of us correctly put Kovtun 2nd ;)

next time I have to organize an 'union of minds' with Kovtun when he'll let me know which Kovtun will show at competition...:laugh:

he and Gracie are two the most problematic ppl for me to put into predictions, I swear :)

andromache

Record Breaker
Euros ladies is super predictable and boring to score! But I guess it's made up by the fact that usually ladies is always super interesting and all over the place.

Our GOLD MEDALISTS with perfect scores of 75: sunnystars, Weathergal, Violetti, apgold, tinnychan, kalee, rosacotton, LA143, LadyB, Stitchmonkey, and casualfan! :hap36:

SILVER MEDALISTS with close-to-perfect scores of 65: Nathan13, Latvian, invisiblespiral, Lyssa, xibsuarz, randomfan, corynna, Florencito, Tastetherainbow, NoNameFace, waterfall braid, Yatagarasu, daphenaxa, Nirti, lovaticcanada, Greta, sequinsgalore, and Crossover! :yahoo:

BRONZE MEDALISTS with scores of 60: Sugarpova, voolfee, [email protected], ptskate, Layback11, Shoma One, bobbob, desertskates, and psusanne! :agree:

Medals for almost 75% of you! Yay! Everyone else gets a pewter on me!

Scoresheet will be updated....in a few days.

desertskates

Medalist
Woohoo! Seems that bronze is my color! Thank you to the scorers :thank:

On a side note, Universal was randomly re-showing the European ladies yesterday, and I enjoyed watching again. That really was a very high level ladies event. Good for them!

Violetti

On the Ice
Euros ladies is super predictable and boring to score! But I guess it's made up by the fact that usually ladies is always super interesting and all over the place.

Our GOLD MEDALISTS with perfect scores of 75: sunnystars, Weathergal, Violetti, apgold, tinnychan, kalee, rosacotton, LA143, LadyB, Stitchmonkey, and casualfan! :hap36:

My first gold ever!:yahoo:

Jaana

Record Breaker
Country
Finland
Gold! Yes! I guess only a few of us correctly put Kovtun 2nd ;)

Ladies perfect score was 75 points, in men the score for gold medal appears to have been only 45 points.... Yes, Kovtun as second was a surprise.

Last edited:

LadyB

Record Breaker
Men Results

My first Gold, yippieh!!! Thanks, rosacotton!

And the second one! Cheers, andromache!

LadyB

Record Breaker
Men Results

SILVER: casualfan, noctiluca with 40 points
BRONZE: Alchamei, alebi, CaroLiza_fan, Hailey Shin, ines42575, LA143, Layback11, lovaticcanada, matmuh, Nirti, psusanne, sallycinnamon, sunnystars, Violetti, waterfall braid with 35 points

Hi. I believe I should have 40 points from guessing first Fernandez-15, second Kolyada-10, third Bychenko-5, and fifth. Hendrickx-10.

Hi casualfan,
any reason why you changed rosacotton's original scoring by sending me to bronze from gold? Any quad I did wrong, my hydroblades not okay? :laugh: I'm pretty sure I have 45 points. If not, please enlighten me. I also can't find the original post where rosacotton changed the initial scores. I'm sure it's just me. Just point me in the right direction and explain the scores and show rosacotton's changed message to me.
I apologise for bothering you, if I just missed a few messages, but please point them out to me again. Have mercy with the thickos ;) Thank you very much in advance.

casualfan

On the Ice
Hi casualfan,
any reason why you changed rosacotton's original scoring by sending me to bronze from gold? Any quad I did wrong, my hydroblades not okay? :laugh: I'm pretty sure I have 45 points. If not, please enlighten me. I also can't find the original post where rosacotton changed the initial scores. I'm sure it's just me. Just point me in the right direction and explain the scores and show rosacotton's changed message to me.
I apologise for bothering you, if I just missed a few messages, but please point them out to me again. Have mercy with the thickos ;) Thank you very much in advance.

I don't have access to change anything. The adjustment to my score shouldn't have had any affect on anyone else so I'm sorry if adjusting mine somehow messed up others.. I hope rosacotton can answer your question.

ETA: wait, I just looked again and it looks like you went from bronze to gold, isn't that a good thing?

Last edited: