Exciting news for skating in Ireland! | Page 2 | Golden Skate

Exciting news for skating in Ireland!

lyverbird1

Final Flight
Actually, I take it back about the not distinguishing between the two countries, I don't think he really did it. It's lovely to see these skaters being interviewed. Sam has an interesting hybrid accent!

CaroLiza_fan

MINIOL ALATMI REKRIS. EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA.
Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
My fingers and toes are crossed for such an eventuality. Better make sure that the guest room is prepared for anyone who wants to come!

:laugh: You may regret adding in that last bit! Because if this thread is anything to go by, there seems to be lots of people who want to come to our fair isle to watch skating!

And that in itself is a good sign for the prospects of the ISU granting Ireland an international competition.

I'd even be able to overlook the apparent lack of distinction between Northern Ireland and the Republic of Ireland here given I'm too excited at these developments...

Actually, I take it back about the not distinguishing between the two countries, I don't think he really did it. It's lovely to see these skaters being interviewed.

We all live on the same island, which is called Ireland. So, we are all Irish.

I just like to point out who is from the North for the simple reasons that I live there and people from here compete for so many different countries that it is not always obvious that they are from here.

Sam has an interesting hybrid accent!

Yeah, I thought that too. Best of both worlds. Where he is from, and where he lives.

What really gets me, though, is when people from here go away for a few weeks and come back with an accent that sounds distinctly American. I've got nothing against American accents when the person that is talking is actually American. But, I really dislike it when people from other countries talk with one. It is as if they are trying to hide who they really are. Which I find sad.

Anyway, hope things are going well with the building work. Please keep us updated on the progress.

CaroLiza_fan