Gabbie Izzo: Switching to Pairs with Thierry Ferland (A TSL Interview) | Golden Skate

Gabbie Izzo: Switching to Pairs with Thierry Ferland (A TSL Interview)

TSLDave

On the Ice
https://youtu.be/lQs7_6AU2uo

Following the 2023 U.S. Figure Skating Championships, Gabbie Izzo decided to transition to pairs skating. She embarked on numerous tryouts and traveled the country aiming to gain skills and experience. Earlier this summer, Gabbie moved to Montreal to team up with Thierry Ferland and train under Josee Picard and Julie Marcotte. We caught up with Gabbie to check on her progress on a recent edition of TSL Live.

4everchan

Record Breaker
Country
Martinique
Good interview and welcome to Canada, Gabbie !

I saw them at CQÉ watching on the other pairs. It was nice to see Gabbie and Thierry chit chatting with Thierry's former partner, Lori Ann Matte and her new partner Noël-Antoine Pierre.

NanaPat

Record Breaker
Country
Canada
A very good interview. She seemed very thoughtful and forthright in her answers. I was especially interested in her elegant solution to her education dilemma; she can attend McGill for her final year and still receive her degree from Harvard. It seems Harvard actually values having students broaden their horizons by studying abroad.

4everchan

Record Breaker
Country
Martinique
A very good interview. She seemed very thoughtful and forthright in her answers. I was especially interested in her elegant solution to her education dilemma; she can attend McGill for her final year and still receive her degree from Harvard. It seems Harvard actually values having students broaden their horizons by studying abroad.
And McGill is pretty much considered an Ivy League school.

NanaPat

Record Breaker
Country
Canada
And McGill is pretty much considered an Ivy League school.
The Harvard website has a list of established study-abroad programs. The only Canadian institutions listed are McGill and UofT. I don't know if students could make a "custom" program at some place like Queens or UBC. Fortunately McGill is already on the list!