2023 Canadian Nationals Sr. Pairs Free Skate | Page 9 | Golden Skate

2023 Canadian Nationals Sr. Pairs Free Skate

labgoat

Done updating WJC rewatches!
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Deanna & Maxime
Kudos to Deanna for skating as well as she did while still recovering from being ill for weeks. A messy throw 3F ending in a bad fall. Full of difficulty, hoping for enough points. Overall I don't love the music, but think the theme is great for her. Also not a fan of the FI death spiral, which although difficult is ugly when done by most teams. They get the points they need for the win.

moonvine

All Hail Queen Gracie
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
That throw fall looked soooo painful. :(. Is Deanna still not feeling well?

But still presentation to spare. :hap10:
I'm going to say no, she was really out of breath when they came off the ice. And now Ted is confirming, she's ill and it's hard to breathe. Oh my goodness she can barely talk.

4everchan

Record Breaker
Country
Martinique
So after the men's we could have 4 of our Nat Champs who skated for other countries before skating for Canada. Wonder how often that has happened.
how come 4? DId Maddie skate for another country or are you including juniors ? or did you mean 3 ?

RatedPG

Record Breaker
Country
Canada
Deanna and Maxime. They have a good chance this year to podium at both 4CC (Americans) & Worlds (Americans and Italians). But, they will have to skate a bit better than this, to podium at Worlds.

skylark

Gazing at a Glorious Great Lakes sunset
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
What a nail-biter!

Fabulous, well-done, Deanna and Max! I love to watch these two skate! Deanna nearly always does a belly-flop when she falls on a throw! Ouch!

But beautifully done.

labgoat

Done updating WJC rewatches!
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Deanna really fought for that skate. I have had a lot of bouts of flu and pneumonia and know that it can take a long time to recover fully . Boy she can hardly talk in the Kiss & Cry with Nam Nguyen.