2024 World Championships Pairs Short Program | Page 38 | Golden Skate

2024 World Championships Pairs Short Program

YuBluByMe

May Rika spin her hair into GOLD….in 2026.
Final Flight
I can’t remember the last time I watched a pairs event from start to finish, but it’s been years. And pairs used to be my favorite discipline back in the day. Anyways, that was a very enjoyable event. The Italians did very well skating last, especially after the two skates before them. The free skate will be interesting.

4everchan

Record Breaker
Country
Martinique
The last three pairs were AH-Mah-zing!

When they skate like this, the pairs discipline is in fine shape indeed. :)

And I adore the Montreal audience, making the comp that much better. :clap: And this is Wednesday afternoon:eek2:
It is the Latin blood.

Opening ceremonies

🎺 🎺

Synchro team on the ice

Skater Boy

Record Breaker
Wow the top seven or so but regardless so many clean skates. I am a little sad to see the Americans not do as well as I though they might and honestly why is the second Canadian team going backwards. Their third team is a wash; I think the Americans are more hopeful but Kam seems to struggle still; is it youthfulness? So impressed with Italy, Germany and the Georgians. Wow Deanna and Max under pressure pulled it off and finally over 75! Late but what a time. As for the japanese they are in a good spot to win it all. they have improved since 4CCCs. They are probably breathing easy knowing Max and Deanna are known to make mistakes and don't have the tech elements. The Georgians and Germans are within striking distance but my bet now is one of the Italians team will at least podium. They are back and they want their title back. So much intrigue beyond medals. Who will be the top American and Italian team? Will the US get three teams? will Georgia or Germany make their mark in the free?

4everchan

Record Breaker
Country
Martinique
Also, I doubt the people who are visiting speak French so they don't get anything they say. Elladj is back

el henry

Go have some cake. And come back with jollity.
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Well the ISU may be showing the ceremonies, but Peacock is not. :(

So I take it Elladj did an Uptown Funk snippet?

Aklaus

Rinkside
I had some doubts before, but the Canadians could handle the pressure very well. They deserved to be first, their performance was just incredible.
Sara and Niccolo did also very well and the japanese couple had its comeback.
IThe whole competition was very nice to watch, even on TV.
Normally I would have been there, but I got problems with my back and had to cancel the whole trip to Canada.
Visiting worlds in Canada was always a special expieriience for me so it makes me sad to be forced by the doctors to quit it.

For tomorrow I am going to keep my fingers crossed for Deonna and Maxim. It must be a dream to get this incredible rapport from the home crowd. On the other hand I hope for the Italians - winning a medal for the second time would be great for them too.