2024 World Championships Pairs Short Program | Page 39 | Golden Skate

2024 World Championships Pairs Short Program

slider11

Medalist
Wow the top seven or so but regardless so many clean skates. I am a little sad to see the Americans not do as well as I though they might and honestly why is the second Canadian team going backwards. Their third team is a wash; I think the Americans are more hopeful but Kam seems to struggle still; is it youthfulness? So impressed with Italy, Germany and the Georgians. Wow Deanna and Max under pressure pulled it off and finally over 75! Late but what a time. As for the japanese they are in a good spot to win it all. they have improved since 4CCCs. They are probably breathing easy knowing Max and Deanna are known to make mistakes and don't have the tech elements. The Georgians and Germans are within striking distance but my bet now is one of the Italians team will at least podium. They are back and they want their title back. So much intrigue beyond medals. Who will be the top American and Italian team? Will the US get three teams? will Georgia or Germany make their mark in the free?
If Deanna and Max can skate that well in their short program with the pressures of a home crowd, I give them a strong chance at gold despite the vampire thing which is not my favorite. The Japanese are lovely but coming back from injury and less competition time has made them slightly hesitant, less flowy and charming. I bet on them for silver. Third is anyone's guess. I think the Italians are skating to Cinema Paridiso which is a beautiful melody and, if they are on, they will capture the crowd. But either German or Hungarians might creep up!

No worries with the Canadians or US. Trennt had some injury and is, I think, happy to be able to perform today at some capacity. Lia is smiling away and seems to be gaining extra confidence on behalf of her partner. I am hoping for a strong showing by Ellie and Danny tomorrow. If Ellie can land those jumps/throws, her lifts and overall skating are great. Danny is just a tremendous partner on all counts. Also hoping for the injured Spencer and Emily to skate decently. He still seems to be in recovery mode but always the professional with smiles and positive vibes. Valentina and Max also have tremendous lifts and although I do not care as much for their LP compared to the SP, hopefully they can pull off a decent LP. I would love to see two of the US teams hit top 10 but that is doubtful with the strong showing by others. Deanna and Max will likely secure 3 spots for Canada which gives the other 2 teams growing room for next year.

Skater Boy

Record Breaker
I had some doubts before, but the Canadians could handle the pressure very well. They deserved to be first, their performance was just incredible.
Sara and Niccolo did also very well and the japanese couple had its comeback.
IThe whole competition was very nice to watch, even on TV.
Normally I would have been there, but I got problems with my back and had to cancel the whole trip to Canada.
Visiting worlds in Canada was always a special expieriience for me so it makes me sad to be forced by the doctors to quit it.

For tomorrow I am going to keep my fingers crossed for Deonna and Maxim. It must be a dream to get this incredible rapport from the home crowd. On the other hand I hope for the Italians - winning a medal for the second time would be great for them too.
Maybe order in some poutine and beaver tail and sit back with a cold Canadian beer or ice wine.

Arriba627

TWO-TIME WORLD CHAMPION 🔥
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
WOW! What a pairs short!!! Definitely will take my earplugs for the free. The crowd was great fun and LOUD, considering the arena wasn't completely full. The free is gonna be wild. Very appreciative and encouraging audience. The last group was stellar.

16Olympics

On the Ice
Lots of great skating from the pairs today especially the last two groups. The crowd is electric. Love it. I was so happy that Riku/Riuchi skated so well. Deanna wow. But, Niccolo and Lucretia coming in after Deanna's skate was something else to see. He is sooooo elegant and she's always smiling. Good luck in the free. It's going to be quite an event.

Arriba627

TWO-TIME WORLD CHAMPION 🔥
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Lots of great skating from the pairs today especially the last two groups. The crowd is electric. Love it. I was so happy that Riku/Riuchi skated so well. Deanna wow. But, Niccolo and Lucretia coming in after Deanna's skate was something else to see. He is sooooo elegant and she's always smiling. Good luck in the free. It's going to be quite an event.
I would have hated to skate after the Deanna and Max borderline riot. LOL, but Sara and Niccolo held themselves together and did great!!!

4everchan

Record Breaker
Country
Martinique
I would have hated to skate after the Deanna and Max borderline riot. LOL, but Sara and Niccolo held themselves together and did great!!!
Well... the draw is out for tomorrow. It's reversed for the LP. Max and Deanna are skating after the Italians and before the Japanese.