Gala Competition "Russian Challenge" 2023 | Page 33 | Golden Skate

Gala Competition "Russian Challenge" 2023

Mariott

Now the flower is making its way through concrete
Record Breaker
Country
Russia
I prefer storytelling in skating, which Mozalev usually does. In this one, at least on TV, it was just so messy and, the main thing, the focus wasn't on Mozalev. He already has trouble gathering attention to himself, with the collective of maidens, it was hard to see where the heck he even was. He didn't hold the spotlight, despite the originality of the (later) explained concept.

Let's discount the general confusion in preparing for the show and the lack of time to work out the concept of the show and directing. As an experiment it was interesting. I would like to see it again in a more elaborate form, but I do not think that the participants will dare to experiment again, although who knows...

Talking to a number of dancers, I can say that they really liked the experiment and they are excited about Andrei. In general, I've been thinking for quite a long time that one of the alternative ways of development for him would be an ice theater with modern choreography. Perhaps he would consider this as an alternative to coaching in the future.

By the way, the video went viral on Chinese youtube bilibili, has already accumulated 460,000 views, which is an absolute record among Russian male figure skaters, excluding Plushenko with his demonstration number "Sex Bombs". At least they managed to draw attention to themselves :)

Last edited:

Mariott

Now the flower is making its way through concrete
Record Breaker
Country
Russia
Some of the stories that began in this competition continue to this day. Andrei's creative alliance with his dance partners hasn't broken up, the skater follows their work and yesterday congratulated them on the premiere of their new performance.

"Congratulations to the girls on the premiere of the amazing performance "7 Sins". Unfortunately, I couldn't be there in person, but I've been following the events via social media. Girls, you are incredibly professional! It's a proud moment for me to have had the opportunity to co-operate with you!"

The dancers responded with thanks on Instagram.

I like the absolutely crystal clear, if I can say so, outlook of Andrei, who appreciates the provocative dancing girls in the heels, seeing only high class professionals and sincerely admires their skills. In fact, it is rare to meet a person who is so devoid of gender clichés.

I would like to see new projects in collaboration, more thoughtful and prepared, if it possible. It could really be an interesting show.