GS Meetup at Worlds 2016! | Page 10 | Golden Skate

GS Meetup at Worlds 2016!

Sjs5572

Final Flight
Saturday, April 2nd Dinner at Filippo

Reminder everyone! I have arranged a dinner at Filippo Restaurant on April 2nd at 4:30 PM. Filippo is at 283 Causeway Street, about a five minute walk to TD Garden. FYI, Pairs Free ends at 4PM and Ladies' Free starts at 7PM. I have a $100 coupon towards the group meal. BTW, I originally posted this event about four months ago, so please PM me again if you'd like to go. For people who were in Boston for 2014 Nationals, I am the same person who hosted the Filippo dinner back then.

Mrs. P

Uno, Dos, twizzle!
Record Breaker
^^ That was really fun! I an sorry I cannot join in on the fun this time! I highly recommend for those of you who are still around.

Also thanks for letting me know about the North Street Grille! Turns out their webmaster was out on injury and they just weren't around when I called.

Last edited:

nguyhm

On the Ice
I like Margherita, too, but will eat almost any kind of pizza. I'd love to chip in for dessert. Hope there'll be some chocolate in it!
Menu from Modern Pastry
https://www.diningin.com/Menu/Boston/1100052/2540/full
Anyone wants to share a lobster tail ;)
My recommendations will be to place the order (call in) on Tuesday - the service is Dining in and I'd be happy to take care of calling it in. The wait time on the call can be long and since it's a big order for the pizzas I'd rather give them plenty of time to prepare. There will be 2 transactions, one for the pizzas and one for the desserts, and I think it works out better this way. If one driver picks up from both places and delivers then the delivery charge will be $3 (what a steal) if they need 2 drivers then there will be 2 delivery charges of $3 each (still a steal). The other delivery service that I looked into earlier has changed their policy from free delivery to $7 or $8 and the pizzas will be from Regina's Farneuil instead of Regina's North End - not sure if there's a difference.
It would be great if we can wrap up the orders by Tuesday. Any feedback is greatly appreciated.

winky97

Medalist
Menu from Modern Pastry
https://www.diningin.com/Menu/Boston/1100052/2540/full
Anyone wants to share a lobster tail ;)
My recommendations will be to place the order (call in) on Tuesday - the service is Dining in and I'd be happy to take care of calling it in. The wait time on the call can be long and since it's a big order for the pizzas I'd rather give them plenty of time to prepare. There will be 2 transactions, one for the pizzas and one for the desserts, and I think it works out better this way. If one driver picks up from both places and delivers then the delivery charge will be $3 (what a steal) if they need 2 drivers then there will be 2 delivery charges of $3 each (still a steal). The other delivery service that I looked into earlier has changed their policy from free delivery to $7 or $8 and the pizzas will be from Regina's Farneuil instead of Regina's North End - not sure if there's a difference.
It would be great if we can wrap up the orders by Tuesday. Any feedback is greatly appreciated.

Love lobster tails!

Mrs. P

Uno, Dos, twizzle!
Record Breaker
Last edited:

Mrs. P

Uno, Dos, twizzle!
Record Breaker
Also an update on brunch. I have made a reservation for 20 people at the North Street Grille, 229 North St. for 10 a.m. Friday, April 1. The restaurant is about a 10 minute walk from the arena, but you can also easily hop on the T. So far 13 people have confirmed attending and 6 people are down for maybe. I will have to let the restaurant by Wednesday AM the exact number, so if you are interested and can definitely go, let me know by then!

nguyhm

On the Ice
Also an update on brunch. I have made a reservation for 20 people at the North Street Grille, 229 North St. for 10 a.m. Friday, April 1. The restaurant is about a 10 minute walk from the arena, but you can also easily hop on the T. So far 13 people have confirmed attending and 6 people are down for maybe. I will have to let the restaurant by Wednesday AM the exact number, so if you are interested and can definitely go, let me know by then!
Please put me down as confirmed for brunch. Thank you.

Itzme

Rinkside
I'm arriving early morning on Wed from California, staying at the Westin and interested in meeting up with others. Can't even send private messages here because of my dismal number of posts. Looking forward to connecting!

Itzme

Rinkside
Please add me to this brunch. Thank you!

Itzme

Rinkside
Stay-in-touch

1.) Send Mrs. P your text email and/or phone number to receive text updates on meet-ups during Worlds.

2.) Join the Slack Channel. Email Mrs. P your email to get an invite to the group.

3.) Check out this original post for updates.

Get togethers, meet-ups, etc.

DINNER, Tuesday Mar 29, between Ladies & Mens practices, if interested PM bonesfan.

PIZZA MEET AND GREET, Wednesday, March 30, between Short Dance and Opening Ceremony/Men's SP, Portal Park (greenspace, next to TD Garden; North Station waiting area is backup if the weather is not good).

BRUNCH: 10 a.m., North Street Grille, . Please RSVP by Wednesday AM with Mrs. P.
RSVP: 13 (Mrs. P, babyskate, charmblade, karne, winky97, apgold, sweetsugar1613, princessroja, lyverbird (+1), nancela, Seruleane, CoyoteChris)
INTERESTED: 6( rain037, nguyhm, narcissa, solar, lilahozi, waxel)

DAILY NIGHT CAPS IN BACK BAY, after conclusion of evening sessions, TBD

DINNER, Saturday April 2: Sjs5572 is organizing a dinner at Filippo Restaurant on April 2nd at 4:30 PM (between the Pairs and Ladies FS). Filippo is at 283 Causeway Street, about a five minute walk to TD Garden. PM him if you're interested in joining.

ORIGINAL POST
Hi everyone! Thought it would be good to start a new thread to discuss meetups during Worlds 2016. There will be plenty of informal meet ups at practices and during ice resurfaces, but this would be for organized meet ups throughout the event.

So far possible meetups proposed include:

And as noted above there is a huge 3 hour break between the free skates on Saturday, though I won't be able to be there.

I'll also suggest an open happy hour at the Westin (or somewhere closeby) after the evening sessions. :)

What do you guys think? I'll update this original post as we firm up details. :)

Great ideas to meet up between or after the events! I am staying at the Westin as well. I look forward to connecting, but need to get my messages count up to the minimum.

Mrs. P

Uno, Dos, twizzle!
Record Breaker
Wow you guys!

We have 17 people for brunch and still a few more interested. 20 might not be enough for our group. I will check with the restaurant tomorrow to see the maximum group we can have.

Also an update regarding the pizza party on Wednesday:

Golden Skate is offering 10 pizzas, first-come, first serve, for FREE! We will have 80 slices of pizza. Two free slices maximum per person.
If you are able, we are also taking a $1 donation (per person) toward the tip/delivery charge. This ensures we can spent the money from Golden Skate for pizza (and tax).

We are offering the option to purchase additional slices of pizza (or if you don't think you can come early enough for the free slices). We need at least 4 people to order another pizza. Prices are $4 cheese/$5 one-topping/ $6 speciality. Here is the menu: https://www.diningin.com/a-la-carte/restaurant-menu/regina-pizzeria---north-end/Boston/02111/220

We are also ordering dessert from Modern Pastry: https://www.diningin.com/Menu/Boston/1100052/2540/full

Please PM nguyhm if you are interested in ordering additional pizza or dessert.

R.D.

Record Breaker
Don't know if space has run out for the brunch, but it looks like my schedule could open up after all. Put me down as potentially interested (but not confirmed)...

asahi

Rinkside
I'm arriving early morning on Wed from California, staying at the Westin and interested in meeting up with others. Can't even send private messages here because of my dismal number of posts. Looking forward to connecting!

I'll also be arriving from Cali to Boston on Wednesday morning. Hope i can meet some people too! I'll b staying at an airbnb, though.

winky97

Medalist
I'll also be arriving from Cali to Boston on Wednesday morning. Hope i can meet some people too! I'll b staying at an airbnb, though.

There are all kinds of things set up! A lot of which is around the arena. U need to get an email address to Ms. P so she can invite you to slack group. U download the app and join the group and bingo you know about meeting opportunities. Can u pm yet?

Last edited:

Mrs. P

Uno, Dos, twizzle!
Record Breaker
Hi all.

So based on some feedback, I am reconsidering our venue for the pizza party. Don't worry -- there will still be free pizza available, it just might happen at a different location.

All things WILL be firmed up by tomorrow. Thank you for your patience.

TheGrandSophy

Record Breaker
On the plane ready to fly! I have been absent for a few months from the site due to some severe personal drama which has thankfully eased this last week so I can enjoy Worlds. Sorry to be so late in asking, but any chance I can join the brunch too? Thanks and sorry again for being tardy.