Hanyu update/Olympic berth criteria | Page 9 | Golden Skate

Hanyu update/Olympic berth criteria

giulia95

Medalist
I personally believe to what Hanyu says in video or press conference.

Last year we knew from Pirouette giornalist Mr. Klaus-Reinhold Kany “ Hanyu wasn't allowed to give an interwiew to Mr Kany because that would only be possible after a previous OK from the Japanese federation”.

yude

Record Breaker
JSF explains that the announcement of JSF is the comment of YUZURU's mail itself. In any case, the National is coming soon. So there are formal explanations about the situation.

I watched on TV that Kobayashi was holding a paper and reading out Yuzuru's first mail (she said she received Yuzuru's comments on LINE, so I think she printed it out.) She was like, "OK, this is Hanyu's comments, comments by Hanyu himsel, I will read this out.", and she started reading it loud to the media very slowly probably not to make a single mistake.

I hope the tweet is true!

fireovertheice

On the Ice
Just to inform also here: the same person (maybe because of requests?) now tweeted also this: "Coach Orser in Spain with Javi. Yuzu on his own stroking and testing his ankle. Also some of his step sequence".
https://twitter.com/mcr2626/status/942182248077582336

Now fingers crossed for Yuzu to recover well. For the infos about comps we will have to wait the official announcements in the next few days / weeks.

giulia95

Medalist
Is Mrs. Richards a TCC manager? Is she a new Hanyu’s manager?
If she says the truth why Mrs. Kobayashi said on December 14 Hanyu didn't know when he would start training on the ice?

Bluediamonds09

Medalist
Poor Yuzu.☹️ Now everything is in question. That darn quad lutz!!!!😤😞😡 Can we limit the number of jumping passes already?! Half of the top men will be out of the Olympics with injury!

da96103

Record Breaker
It's less than a week until Nationals. I think it's safe to say that Yuzuru will withdraw, if he isn't back in Japan by now. As far as I remember the teams for Olympics, Worlds and 4CC are announced at the same time, shortly after Nationals are over. So at that point we will probably also know if Yuzuru is going to 4CC. It's possible that he will be chosen for 4CC and then later won't go, because that variation is safe. If they decide on a team sans-Yuzuru for 4CC they cannot renounce that, if Yuzuru decides he wants to go after all. So other than Olympics (which is Yuzuru/Shoma/SkaterX) I'm more interested in the 4CC lineup. I could even imagine Shoma going to 4CC.

Worrying is the lack of training. I'm sure the professionals that work with Yuzuru have the right idea, and know how to handle these injuries, but I wonder if he can really train a 100% and concentrate on his quads or if that's too risky, considering the injury could get worse again?

Shoma does use the more-competitions-as-we-get-nearer-to-the-main-competition strategy. I remembered that he participated in Coupe de Printemp one/two weeks before Worlds and he still got Silver.

da96103

Record Breaker
Is Mrs. Richards a TCC manager? Is she a new Hanyu’s manager?
If she says the truth why Mrs. Kobayashi said on December 14 Hanyu didn't know when he would start training on the ice?

Maybe Marilyn Richards is Yuzuru's English pseudonym (cue: dramatic music with lightning and thunder). :eek:

blueskywater

Match Penalty
As far as I saw Twitter's profile of Marilyn Richards, I can not think of anyone involved in the cricket club.
There is another Japanese boy in the cricket club.
https://twitter.com/online_on_ice/status/911592631674716160
I think there is a possibility that she thought that boy was yuzuru.
She does not follow the Toronto Cricket Club account @TCSCC_Athletics. If she is a member of the cricket club she will follow it. Besides, she has not tweeted about cricket club so far.
In any case, we should not be based on unfounded rumors, but wait for official announcement.

liv

Record Breaker
What's the big deal? JSF said that on Dec.14th he didn't know when he would be on the ice... why is it not possible for him to be on the ice 2 days later? He may not have known he was going to be back on the ice until he decided to go... hardly a big issue.

Marin

"Efforts tell lies, but it will not be in vain."
Record Breaker
What's the big deal? JSF said that on Dec.14th he didn't know when he would be on the ice... why is it not possible for him to be on the ice 2 days later? He may not have known he was going to be back on the ice until he decided to go... hardly a big issue.

THIS.

and we don't have to trust every word JSF announces , if someone has the illusion that JSF will report his true condition, provide med documents.. I have to disappoint them. JSF usually never releases their athletes condition, usually it becomes known for public a lot later from media and interviews. Especially regarding Yuzuru , his team keeps everything secret. I will not be surprised even if JSF is not aware of his condition , plans, sessions, training schedule etc...They just get approximate updates from Hanyu's team.
About Ms Richards.. judging from her twitter account she seems quite a lot involved in figure skating, following many skaters and analysts ,It could be that she is an adult skater, don't forget that CC is open and many adult .non professional skaters skate in club together with top skaters, they do have access on top skaters sessions as well,I don't think she'd mess the 14 yo boy Shingo with Yuzuru Hanyu. :yes::laugh:

lappo

Final Flight
THIS.

and we don't have to trust every word JSF announces , if someone has the illusion that JSF will report his true condition, provide med documents.. I have to disappoint them. JSF usually never releases their athletes condition, usually it becomes known for public a lot later from media and interviews. Especially regarding Yuzuru , his team keeps everything secret. I will not be surprised even if JSF is not aware of his condition , plans, sessions, training schedule etc...They just get approximate updates from Hanyu's team.
About Ms Richards.. judging from her twitter account she seems quite a lot involved in figure skating, following many skaters and analysts ,It could be that she is an adult skater, don't forget that CC is open and many adult .non professional skaters skate in club together with top skaters, they do have access on top skaters sessions as well,I don't think she'd mess the 14 yo boy Shingo with Yuzuru Hanyu. :yes::laugh:

However, and I ask because I don't know how it works in general, shouldn't club, especially private ones with high profile skaters such TCC, impose a non disclosure rule to their users, regarding the health status and everything else? Because for example I guess that many people going to TCC knew of Hanyu's or Javi's programs for the Olympic season way before the official announcement but nothing came out of them. So how it works?

cleo2070

Final Flight
JSF explains that the announcement of JSF is the comment of YUZURU's mail itself. In any case, the National is coming soon. So there are formal explanations about the situation.

I got so inexcusably caught up in the drama of the thread that I forgot to address a vital point here:

Welcome, blueskywater! Post long, post often! :cheer:

Sai Bon

Final Flight
Country
New-Zealand
Quote: I don't think she'd mess the 14 yo boy Shingo with Yuzuru Hanyu.

Yes, that would be odd... OT, but young Shingo came 9th in Japanese Junior Nationals.

Marin

Record Breaker
JSf officially announces Yuzu’s withdrawal from Nationals on Dec 20th. Although Yuzu is absent, he will included the OG team based on one of rules of representatives : his gold at WC and his world ranking. Because he's no. 1 at World standings and has achieved great achievements so far, such as Worlds 2017 gold, it's certain he'll enter the national team.

Yuzu's comment “In order to make the Japanese Nationals, I have been working hard on treatment and rehabilitation but I have had to give it up. I will work hard from here on out to be in the best condition to practice.”

https://mainichi.jp/articles/20171218/k00/00e/050/214000c

Marin

Record Breaker
JSf officially announces Yuzu’s withdrawal from Nationals on Dec 20th. Although Yuzu is absent, he will included the OG team based on one of rules of representatives : his gold at WC and his world ranking. Because he's no. 1 at World standings and has achieved great achievements so far, such as Worlds 2017 gold, it's certain he'll enter the national team.

Yuzu's comment “In order to make the Japanese Nationals, I have been working hard on treatment and rehabilitation but I have had to give it up. I will work hard from here on out to be in the best condition to practice.”

https://mainichi.jp/articles/20171218/k00/00e/050/214000c
More info from NHK evening news: According to people concerned in the federation, Yuzu hasn’t recovered to the state where he can jump at high quality. In order to prioritize the adjustment for OG which is his biggest goal, he decides to withdraw.