Hey East Coast - I want my winter back! | Page 3 | Golden Skate

Hey East Coast - I want my winter back!

merrywidow

Record Breaker
It was 60 degrees here yesterday & the prediction for this weekend is that the high will reach 70 degrees! I'm in western Mt. not too far from the Canadian border.

Last edited:

Tonichelle

Idita-Rock-n-Roll
Record Breaker
(Do they actually use huskies? A former coworker fosters rescue huskies and has five of them; finally they have weather which they can appreciate!)

They race Siberian Huskies, yes - however they are not competitive teams, you will never see the purebred huskies win the Iditarod, they aren't fast enough. There's a "hybrid" breed known as the Alaskan Husky which will never show at the likes of Westminster but kick major booty in long distance races. It's said no other animal can run as fast for as long as these dogs do. They're amazing animals.

The race gets underway in little less than an hour! The trail has gotten a bunch of snow all week so it should be a good race!

dorispulaski

Wicked Yankee Girl
Country
United-States
Maybe if you are getting snow, we will stop getting it!! :party: I have hopes! The temperature is 53 F!!!

Mrs. P

Uno, Dos, twizzle!
Record Breaker
Not that it's a competition but it's a nice 66 degrees here in Washington state. Forget spring, we're edging on summer here!