ISU makes decision on 2015-16 GPF selection | Page 12 | Golden Skate

ISU makes decision on 2015-16 GPF selection

CaroLiza_fan

MINIOL ALATMI REKRIS. EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA.
Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
Interesting that there are only 2 substitutes in pairs. I am still not 100% clear- if S/B withdraw will they be replaced? If another couple withdraws will they? Or will 2 couples need to withdraw for there to be a replacement? Does this make sense?

That is a very good question.

Given that all 3 of the couples that finished 7[SUP]th[/SUP] – 9[SUP]th[/SUP] in Pairs were competing at the TEB, you would like to think that they would be given the chance to step in.

But, I suspect that if this situation arose, Julianne and Charlie would not be replaced, and the GP Final would go back to having the normal 6 competitiors.

CaroLiza_fan

Last edited:

CaroLiza_fan

MINIOL ALATMI REKRIS. EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA.
Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
Interesting that there are only 2 substitutes in pairs. I am still not 100% clear- if S/B withdraw will they be replaced? If another couple withdraws will they? Or will 2 couples need to withdraw for there to be a replacement? Does this make sense?

I was just looking through my Facebook news feed, and saw that we (sort of) got an answer to your question a few hours after you posed it.

Unfortunately Sui and Han have withdrawn. And rather than bring it back to the normal 6 entries, they have kept it at 7 by bringing in Peng and Zhang (who were also at the TEB).

So, unless somebody else withdraws, that means that James and Cipres are the only TEB couple in the Top 9 that will miss out. :disapp:

All the best to Wenjing with her recovery from her injury

CaroLiza_fan

ice coverage

Record Breaker
Footnote: TEB medals apparently have not been given to those who placed highest in the SPs/SDs.

"Medals" are conspicuously absent from the announcement of the ISU decision re TEB.

And in Gracie Gold's pre-GPF media teleconference, she said that she has not received a medal for TEB, at least not yet.

As for eventually receiving a Bompard medal for her short program?

“I don’t know if we’ll get one,” she said. “Your guess is as good as mine.”

http://olympics.nbcsports.com/2015/12/02/gracie-gold-grand-prix-final-figure-skating/ (Dec 2)​

tulosai

Record Breaker
Footnote: TEB medals apparently have not been given to those who placed highest in the SPs/SDs.

"Medals" are conspicuously absent from the announcement of the ISU decision re TEB.

And in Gracie Gold's pre-GPF media teleconference, she said that she has not received a medal for TEB, at least not yet.

As for eventually receiving a Bompard medal for her short program?

“I don’t know if we’ll get one,” she said. “Your guess is as good as mine.”

http://olympics.nbcsports.com/2015/12/02/gracie-gold-grand-prix-final-figure-skating/ (Dec 2)​

Interesting. And honestly a bit strange since they do have the prize money.