Jimmy Kimmel jokes about Kristi Yamaguchi | Page 2 | Golden Skate

Jimmy Kimmel jokes about Kristi Yamaguchi

...i know it was joke and that they're comedians but jokes are usually founded on some sort of truth or at least in this case i thought that it wouldn't be so weird to joke about another person having gone to jail like that. i don't know too much about kristi so i didn't know if that was just part of her history that i was too young to know about or if the joke was founded on any bit of truth….

Sorry, I didn't mean to dismiss your question. But no, I have followed Kristi's career for years and I am pretty sure there was never any mix-up or allegation or rumor of this sort. They just made it up on the spot tryng to be funny.

Actually, since they mentioned that Charles Schultz is in the California Hall of Fame, too, tthey could just as well have goofed around on him.

Schultz, by the way, is also in the U.S. Figure Skating Hall of Fame, for his Charlie Brown cartoons that featured a skating Peppermint Patty and Snoopy. :yes:

Here is Patty's best performance (with Woodstock handling the Puccini). :)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yH_RlC6Ahe8

Last edited:

CoyoteChris

Record Breaker
That's one very not funny joke. In the UK, Kimmel might get sued for slander, I suspect, for that one.

In fact, I am not even sure it works in the US.

OK, I watched the clip....I did not take it as a joke...now if the clip were longer and he said, "Just kidding, folks.." than would be different....but he admitted he was "in the system" and that was true so I would have taken the KY remark as truth. If he had said that aliens helped him and KY too, that also would have been different....
Sorry, but in light of Mr. "Subway" Jarod F. and Bill Cosby, These guys owes KY an apology...a very public one....

Last edited:

Tonichelle

Idita-Rock-n-Roll
Record Breaker
I wouldn't put what RDJ did or what they "accused" Kristi of as the same as what Fogle and Cosby admitted to.

yuzushenko

On the Ice
Sorry, I didn't mean to dismiss your question. But no, I have followed Kristi's career for years and I am pretty sure there was never any mix-up or allegation or rumor of this sort. They just made it up on the spot tryng to be funny.

Actually, since they mentioned that Charles Schultz is in the California Hall of Fame, too, tthey could just as well have goofed around on him.

Schultz, by the way, is also in the U.S. Figure Skating Hall of Fame, for his Charlie Brown cartoons that featured a skating Peppermint Patty and Snoopy. :yes:

Here is Patty's best performance (with Woodstock handling the Puccini). :)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yH_RlC6Ahe8

I saw this!! The animation for the skating is excellent..!! There's edges and everything is so..wow! Every jump is precise and there's even an ina bauer and the spin and the spirals and the edges and pivots and lovely!!!

CoyoteChris

Record Breaker
Thanks! It's a pic I took of Iditarod Champion, Reef, lead dog for Dallas Seavey's winning team last year. He's little but he's mighty (the dog... well, Dallas isn't all that tall/big either)

Dog's Rock! We added a puppy to our kennel...loves agility equipment and likes to watch figures skating....must be all those thrown toys on the ice... ;)

Dee4707

Ice Is Slippery - Alexie Yagudin
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Dog's Rock! We added a puppy to our kennel...loves agility equipment and likes to watch figures skating....must be all those thrown toys on the ice... ;)

Even though I don't think what Kimmel did was right AND not funny, I do actually think he was talking about someone else.

Anyhow, the bolded comment above^ just cracked me up!!! :laugh: :laugh:

Tonichelle

Idita-Rock-n-Roll
Record Breaker

Dallas had a lead dog named Fridge and back in 2007/2008 Fridge was in our summer sled dog show (now closed :cry: ) where we used a stuffed animal (a seagull) to show how the lead dog has to listen to the musher to get down the trail (we'd throw the toy out where he couldn't see it and through voice commands Dallas would lead the team and Fridge would take those commands and head towards the toy)

Once Fridge realized what the toy was and what the exercise was he'd run past the toy during the demonstration and pick it up on the run. It was a hit with the crowd. That dog was freaking awesome (he loved playing crack the whip with Dallas on the sled. it was hilarious.)

Sadly Fridge got into the rope bag one day and ate a bunch of it... it ended up getting bound up in his system and he died during surgery. Took Dallas several years to get over the loss.

CoyoteChris

Record Breaker
Sadly Fridge got into the rope bag one day and ate a bunch of it... it ended up getting bound up in his system and he died during surgery. Took Dallas several years to get over the loss.

I can relate to that....My dog died in 2000 of Hemangiosarcoma in 2000. I still have her collar in my desk drawer....With my , and Barb's, travel schedule, its best to just adopt the dogs Barb gets that get retired.
Toys are used quite effectively to train dogs in many disiplines....I think herding group dogs love them the best....

CoyoteChris

Record Breaker
I wouldn't put what RDJ did or what they "accused" Kristi of as the same as what Fogle and Cosby admitted to.

Maybe not, but my point is there was a time, for better or worse, that most heros remained heros...even if the press had to protect them...(Bobby knight and Arnold Palmer to name two) .now, after Cosby, no one gets protected if there is proof.....
and, more important, we would be hurt if we found out something sordid about MK or KY...but, sadly, not surprised at this point. I want to admire my figure skating heros for what they do on and off the ice....

Tonichelle

Idita-Rock-n-Roll
Record Breaker
I can relate to that....My dog died in 2000 of Hemangiosarcoma in 2000. I still have her collar in my desk drawer....With my , and Barb's, travel schedule, its best to just adopt the dogs Barb gets that get retired.
Toys are used quite effectively to train dogs in many disiplines....I think herding group dogs love them the best....

I well understand holding on long after a loss. I'm still not over the loss of my beloved pug Yuka nearly 3 years ago :cry:

LiamForeman

William/Uilyam
Medalist
Maybe it doesn't fit your sense of humor, but I got the joke, but didn't really laugh. KY is the last skater, besides Kwan, to believe would do that. Reminds me of when Kathy Griffin hosted the red carpet one year and would ask celebs coming past her that "Dakota Fanning just checked into rehab this weekend. Do you have any words of hope or support for her?" (She was all of 8 years old at the time, and the very last person on the planet for this to be true about....) I chuckled at that one. But she got such amazingly bad feedback and outlash.

CoyoteChris

Record Breaker
I still miss my dogs Nappy and Andy, and it has been many years.

Dogs are very special. They are the only animal that have figured out how to read human emotion in human faces in the same way we humans read emotion in other's faces. (I dont know if primates have this ability but the PBS Nova special said only dogs had the ability to study the correct side of the human face that contains emotional clues)

Babbette1

On the Ice
Maybe it doesn't fit your sense of humor, but I got the joke, but didn't really laugh. KY is the last skater, besides Kwan, to believe would do that. Reminds me of when Kathy Griffin hosted the red carpet one year and would ask celebs coming past her that "Dakota Fanning just checked into rehab this weekend. Do you have any words of hope or support for her?" (She was all of 8 years old at the time, and the very last person on the planet for this to be true about....) I chuckled at that one. But she got such amazingly bad feedback and outlash.

The public doesn't like it when comedians make fun of children. Something that the comedians, writers for the Onion, and a few other comedy sites don't get.