karne's goody bag - taking requests! | Golden Skate

karne's goody bag - taking requests!

karne

in Emergency Backup Mode
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
So I will be bringing a small selection of Australian biscuits/sweets with me (since I have to make sure I share the love! :ghug:). Is there anything particular that I should bring?

(There will be ANZAC biscuits.) :agree:

rollerblade

Record Breaker
Tim Tams!! :luv17:

Or you talking more than cookies? A friend and I did some snack exchange some years back, where we picked a few things to mail each other (total has to be less than $20); among the stuff she sent besides Tim Tams was Gummy Koala. I still have the packaging lol.

You can always go for the tried and true Vegemite. :laugh: I actually like that stuff, but I know many don't.

nguyhm

On the Ice
Thank you for such nice offers. I am totally unfamiliar with anything from Australia so I would love to sample anything although how can anyone resist gummy koala (or anything gummy) :luv17:

karne

in Emergency Backup Mode
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
among the stuff she sent besides Tim Tams was Gummy Koala. I still have the packaging lol.

I must confess I am unfamiliar with Gummy Koalas. I'll have a look in the shops and see what I can find.

dorispulaski

Wicked Yankee Girl
Country
United-States
Glazed or dark chocolate dipped Australian apricots...in a pinch, Mint Slices. yum.

winky97

Medalist
I will just try whatever you are kind enough to bring. If anyone has a burning desire something from Chicago let me know and I will try to accommodate

Last edited:

solar

I got cat class and I got cat style
Medalist
Country
United-States
My absolute favorite Australian snack is Tim Tams! Especially the double coat :) I have a few Australian friends who gave me a package and I was in love from the first bite :laugh: but I've heard Australia has an amazing variety of snacks that aren't offered anywhere else, and they all sound very intriguing!

karne

in Emergency Backup Mode
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
Well, it seems the number one request so far is Tim Tams, followed closely by Mint Slices! *adds to list*

There will be other chocolatey goodness as well - I heard a terrible rumour you guys don't have Mars Bars or Milky Ways?!!?!?!?!? :eek:

StitchMonkey

Record Breaker
Well, it seems the number one request so far is Tim Tams, followed closely by Mint Slices! *adds to list*

There will be other chocolatey goodness as well - I heard a terrible rumour you guys don't have Mars Bars or Milky Ways?!!?!?!?!? :eek:

Actually we have both.... they just tend to be different from what other countries call them.

Milky Way in the USA is the one with nougat and caramel and no nuts.

I was never into Mars Bars, but they seem to have been either discontinued or turned into Snickers with Almonds. No idea how different or similar the actually candies are.

el henry

Go have some cake. And come back with jollity.
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Actually we have both.... they just tend to be different from what other countries call them.

Milky Way in the USA is the one with nougat and caramel and no nuts.

I was never into Mars Bars, but they seem to have been either discontinued or turned into Snickers with Almonds. No idea how different or similar the actually candies are.

We do *not* have the British version of Mars bars or Milky Ways. In most instances, I spurn the food of my English ancestors, but the Brit versions of these chocolates have zero in common with ours, and theirs are better. Much better. As are British Cadbury's...

Marmite and Vegemite, on the other hand (sorry Karne;)) you are making a very sweet, ahem, offer.....

Last edited:

CaroLiza_fan

MINIOL ALATMI REKRIS. EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA.
Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
Unfortunately, I am not going to Worlds. But, if I was, I would only make one request.

That you bring with you a Kailani that is bang on form, and who will do better than any of her fans would dare to dream she would do!

:biggrin:

CaroLiza_fan

karne

in Emergency Backup Mode
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
bring real koala!:cool:
:p

:rofl: I don't think the koala would like that very much!

Goody bag requests are now closed as karne is less than two weeks away from travel. I hope I've got everyone covered!

iluvtodd

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Karne, where is your seat? We Max fans have to meet up! Our seats are in Loge 10, Row 11, seats 11,12. I hope to make it to as many practices as possible (even if my husband sleeps in longer - I'm the "early bird" - he's definitely the "night owl"). Still waiting for the gala exhibition tickets to arrive.