Keegan Messing skating for Canada? | Page 2 | Golden Skate

Keegan Messing skating for Canada?

Sai Bon

Final Flight
Country
New-Zealand
There's a lot of depth in the U.S. right now and Keegan at best is a middle of the pack skater there. And middle of the pack don't get a lot of shots to skate internationally. Keegan probably switched because Canada's men are less competitive than the U.S. and he has an easier shot to get more international assignments and get to the top in Canada.

Canada's men are less competitive... with Patrick Chan coming back this year and up-and-coming Nam Nguyen? :shocked:

kresslia

Medalist
Canada's men are less competitive... with Patrick Chan coming back this year and up-and-coming Nam Nguyen? :shocked:
Patrick is, of course, far beyond... well, anyone except Hanyu in terms of scores, and Nguyen is progressing quickly. We're very strong at the very top of the podium in that regard (if Kevin can return to his pre-boots problems form, we're even better), but the majority of our other men are extremely rough. Ten won silver with a fall on his quad/triple axel. Firus singled his triple axel among many other issues and won bronze. That's how a guy like Keegan can slip in there. But it's not going to get easier for him once Patrick actually returns. There's gold and silver locked up right there. 15-year-old Sadovsky already beat Keegan at Nationals, and he's only going to get better once he acquires bigger jumps.

LiamForeman

William/Uilyam
Medalist
Please don't use such alarming headline.. Just to clarify, I was referring to the original thread title: Keegan Messing is missing.

Oh please, little girl. Messing is missing.... I got the reference. Grow up and get a life. It will help you.

Skatingfan1

Rinkside
LiamForeman-thank you. I do not post very often and I felt when I saw that. I really meant no harm. But sorry if I offended anyone