Ladies LP - 2014 European Championships | Page 19 | Golden Skate

Ladies LP - 2014 European Championships

Jammers

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I think Carolina peaked about 2 years ago. She is almost 27 now and can't do the technical content that the youngsters are throwing out there now.

Mao88

Record Breaker
LADIES FREE SKATE - VIDEOS & RESULT - Updated

1. Julia LIPNITSKAIA (RUS) - 209.72 Free Skate, 2nd Copy, 3rd Copy
2. Adelina SOTNIKOVA (RUS) - 202.36 Free Skate, 2nd Copy, 3rd Copy, 4th Copy
3. Carolina KOSTNER (ITA) - 191.39 Free Skate, 2nd Copy, 3rd Copy
4. Alena LEONOVA (RUS) - 178.15 Free Skate, 2nd Copy, 3rd Copy
5. Mae Berenice MEITE (FRA) - 173.37 Free Skate, 2nd Copy, 3rd Copy
6. Valentina MARCHEI (ITA) - 165.25 Free Skate, 2nd Copy, 3rd Copy
7. Elena GLEBOVA (EST) - 155.71 Free Skate, 2nd Copy
8. Nathalie WEINZIERL (GER) - 151.88 Free Skate, 2nd Copy
9. Joshi HELGESSON (SWE) - 146.45 Free Skate, 2nd Copy
10. Elene GEDEVANISHVILI (GEO) - 141.82 Free Skate, 2nd Copy
11. Roberta RODEGHIERO (ITA) - 141.25
12. Juulia TURKKILA (FIN) - 140.31 Free Skate, 2nd Copy
13. Laurine LECAVELIER (FRA) - 139.42
14. Viktoria HELGESSON (SWE) - 138.73 Free Skate, 2nd Copy

Medal Ceremony (2nd Copy)

Jammers

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I think it's a good thing the Olympics are not next year because the youngsters despite getting a late start this Olympic cycle are really making a move on the veterans in a sort amount of time.

SXTN

Final Flight
Julia should enjoy her victory. Once she grows and turns into a lady it'll be over with those tiny jumps.

Sam-Skwantch

“I solemnly swear I’m up to no good”
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I know multiple girls in their mid 20's with very similar body types to hers. It's more than possible she won't get much bigger herself. She must be do something right to have everyone up in arms. :p

Country
Russia
I think Gracie can beat both of these Russian girls she has better jumps and artistry than the both of them
Julia won Gracie at JrWorlds 2012 (15.20 hogher score), where Gracie skated almost clean.
Gracie progressed from 2012. Julia too.

bara1968

On the Ice
It's scary to see the crazy PCS boosts on those russian girls. Almost 7,8 pts increased DURING the season! Well, i like Julia and enjoyed her skating tonight but 68 in PCS is really... :rolleye: It is very, very likely that we will have another world records in SP LP and Total IF this tendency is also (half) applied to the veteran skaters, i.e. Yuna/Mao when they are clean.

RABID

Final Flight
It's scary to see the crazy PCS boosts on those russian girls. Almost 7,8 pts increased DURING the season! Well, i like Julia and enjoyed her skating tonight but 68 in PCS is really... :rolleye: It is very, very likely that we will have another world records in SP LP and Total IF this tendency is also (half) applied to the veteran skaters, i.e. Yuna/Mao when they are clean.

I think it's all great. Sochi, in Russia, with these scores? The hype is going to be tremendous. And then YuNa will skate..... :biggrin:

wonderlen3000

Final Flight
Well a lot of European home cooking on score for sure. Julia 3Lz+3T is tiny compare to the like of Kim or Gold. Hopefully, in Olympic the judges give GOE accordingly. But being in Russia and how badly the Russian wants its first female OGM, i'm it will prob continue to get brownie points.

wonderlen3000

Final Flight

i think the boost only apply to Russian ladies. I doubt any other skater beside Kim, Asada, Koster, or maybe Wagner/Suzuki will get these PCS score. lol

miki88

Medalist
i think the boost only apply to Russian ladies. I doubt any other skater beside Kim, Asada, Koster, or maybe Wagner/Suzuki will get these PCS score. lol

The inflation of the Russian girls within such a short time is crazy. I felt Kostner was scored pretty generously as well. She got higher PCS than her worlds LP, despite having less difficulty. But I guess if they were going to give Adelina a 69, they can't give Kostner lower than that. It makes me sad to think that a few years ago, skaters had to really work hard to get PCS and only a handful skaters got PCS in the 60s. Now, it seems judges are willing to give high PCS to any promising newcomer.

sky_fly20

Match Penalty
The inflation of the Russian girls within such a short time is crazy. I felt Kostner was scored pretty generously as well. She got higher PCS than her worlds LP, despite having less difficulty. But I guess if they were going to give Adelina a 69, they can't give Kostner lower than that. It makes me sad to think that a few years ago, skaters had to really work hard to get PCS and only a handful skaters got PCS in the 60s. Now, it seems judges are willing to give high PCS to any promising newcomer.

Bolero is really good program for Kostner though and deserves a 70+ for PCS
she has good transitions, fitting Choreo and interpretation to the music, amazing step sequence, speed throughout

miki88

Medalist
she has good transitions, fitting Choreo and interpretation to the music, amazing step sequence, speed throughout

I like her Bolero program. But she received lower PCS at Worlds with a similar performance but one that included a 3-3.

Peach

Rinkside
Lipnitskaia just got the highest season score and the second highest score in skating history.

She's definitely a gold medal contender now.

I don't think it's the second highest score. It's probably the third highest FS score ever. The top 2 are Yuna's.

luckyguy

Match Penalty

Her Bolero program needs a good technical content. Without this it is an overstyled empty program.