Nikolaj Majorov will switch to ice dance | Golden Skate

Nikolaj Majorov will switch to ice dance

TT_Fin

The second worst besserwisser in the world
Record Breaker
Country
Finland
From aftonbladet:
"Vem Majorov ska åka isdans med är ännu inte officiellt.

– Vi inväntar några papper, men räknar med att kunna meddela vem det är inom kort, säger sportchefen Anna Burwall till TT."

In English:
"With whom Majorov will ice dance with is not yet official.

- We are waiting for some papers, but expect to be able to announce who it is shortly, says sports manager Anna Burwall to TT."

Waiting for papers means she is not from Sweden?

snowflake

I enjoy what I like
Record Breaker
From aftonbladet:
"Vem Majorov ska åka isdans med är ännu inte officiellt.

– Vi inväntar några papper, men räknar med att kunna meddela vem det är inom kort, säger sportchefen Anna Burwall till TT."

In English:
"With whom Majorov will ice dance with is not yet official.

- We are waiting for some papers, but expect to be able to announce who it is shortly, says sports manager Anna Burwall to TT."

Waiting for papers means she is not from Sweden?
Well, Finland has many women with great skating skills...

snowflake

I enjoy what I like
Record Breaker

Tingeling

Rinkside

Tingeling

Rinkside
It may just be a formality, but I wonder why they didn't wait until it's finalized.

Good way to create interest, I guess.

Country
Norway
Did he say anything about where he will train? Will he stay in Sweden and who will be coaching? I got the impression he will stay, but is there a coach there with knowledge in ID?

TT_Fin

The second worst besserwisser in the world
Record Breaker
Country
Finland
Did he say anything about where he will train? Will he stay in Sweden and who will be coaching? I got the impression he will stay, but is there a coach there with knowledge in ID?
If his partner would be from Russia Finland and Maurizio's team could be a sensible solution.

surimi

Congrats to Sota, #10 in World Standings!
Record Breaker
I wonder if he might team up with Katharina Müller? Or has she found a partner yet?

Country
Norway
I wonder if he might team up with Katharina Müller? Or has she found a partner yet?
In the Nordic skating thread I suggested Milla Ruud Reitan who was skating for Germany with Nikita Remeshevskiy. I suggested it before I even knew that she and Nikita had split, but Jumping Bean replied that Nikita in fact is searching for a new partner through a website, and only updated the profile a few days ago, which indicates that the split is very fresh (the timing is suspicious).

Milla is from Norway, and did single skating before she moved to Oberstdorf 3 years ago to try ID. They were on the junior team, but only competed at one international competition in 2021. A release should not problematic. Last season they were listed as LK2, I don´t know what that means but i´m guessing it´s the lowest level of funding and it seems they never really had a chance in the field of German teams. She is born in 2005, so she will be 18 this year and is still young, but old enough for seniors. I also noticed that Nikolaj is following Milla on IG, and that he recently seems to have followed family members of her (someone sharing her surnames) . Also her former skating club in Oslo recently followed Nikolaj (and only follows own skaters) - it all seems very odd to me if there wasn´t a connection.

Looking to Germany is not a bad idea, but I´m wondering if a skater like Katharina Müller would even consider skating with Nikolaj when he has no experience at all with ID, I would think Katharina would want to go with someone with a little experience with ID since she has been skating at elite level for some time. Katharina is also born in 95, and Nikolaj (born in 2000) might want to stick with a younger skater who is more likely to stay for two olympic cycles.

Last edited:

Weathergal

Medalist

In the Nordic skating thread I suggested Milla Ruud Reitan who was skating for Germany with Nikita Remeshevskiy. I suggested it before I even knew that she and Nikita had split, but Jumping Bean replied that Nikita in fact is searching for a new partner through a website, and only updated the profile a few days ago, which indicates that the split is very fresh (the timing is suspicious).

Milla is from Norway, and did single skating before she moved to Oberstdorf 3 years ago to try ID. They were on the junior team, but only competed at one international competition in 2021. A release should not problematic. Last season they were listed as LK2, I don´t know what that means but i´m guessing it´s the lowest level of funding and it seems they never really stand a chance in the field of German teams. She is born in 2005, so she will be 18 this year. I also noticed that Nikolaj is following Milla on IG, and that he recently seems to have followed family members of her (someone sharing her surnames) and that her former skating club in Oslo recently followed Nikolaj - which all seems very oddly to me if there wasn´t a connection. Also watching her performances as a single skater at novice level, she seems to have a performance style that would go well together with Nikolaj.

Looking to Germany is not a bad idea, but I´m wondering if a skater like Katharina Müller would even consider skating with Nikolaj when he has no experience at all with ID, I would think Katharina would want to go with someone with a little experience with ID since she has been skating at elite level for some time. Katharina is also born in 95, and Nikolaj (born in 2000) might want to stick with a younger skater who is more likely to stay for two olympic cycles.
I didn't realize Katarina was looking for a partner and intended to continue skating. When she and Tim Dieck split, I thought it was because they were retiring. He's partnered with Olivia Smart now, of course. And I think she's been coaching for Kazakhstan. That's what I get for assuming! Not sure where I got that idea.... Anyway I hope she can find a partner if she wishes to continue.

CrazyKittenLady

Thanks for skating, Lyosha!
Record Breaker
Country
Austria
Looking to Germany is not a bad idea, but I´m wondering if a skater like Katharina Müller would even consider skating with Nikolaj when he has no experience at all with ID, I would think Katharina would want to go with someone with a little experience with ID since she has been skating at elite level for some time.
Katharina is coaching for the Kazakh national team now, she was in quite a few K&Cs with the Kazakh skaters this season. Not sure if she even plans to return to competition at this point.
ETA: Lol, @Weathergal just beat me to it. :laugh:

Country
Norway
I was hoping for an update this week about the partner, but I guess paperwork takes time. It seemed it was just a formality so I would have thought it was done by now. Fingers crossed it´s not a much longer wait.

snowflake

I enjoy what I like
Record Breaker

Milla is from Norway, and did single skating before she moved to Oberstdorf 3 years ago to try ID. They were on the junior team, but only competed at one international competition in 2021. A release should not problematic. Last season they were listed as LK2, I don´t know what that means but i´m guessing it´s the lowest level of funding and it seems they never really had a chance in the field of German teams. She is born in 2005, so she will be 18 this year and is still young, but old enough for seniors. I also noticed that Nikolaj is following Milla on IG, and that he recently seems to have followed family members of her (someone sharing her surnames) . Also her former skating club in Oslo recently followed Nikolaj (and only follows own skaters) - it all seems very odd to me if there wasn´t a connection.
@norwegianfairytale :rock: and also Nikolaj and Milla I hope :)

So now you tell us where they are going to train and the coach?

Last edited:
Country
Norway
@norwegianfairytale :rock: and also Nikolaj and Milla I hope :)

So now you tell us where they are going to train and the coach?
Good question. My best guess would be that they will train a little and have the coaches in Oberstdorf, but I think it´s possible they will do some training in Sweden/and or Oslo at Milas old club. Unless the funding situation has changed for Nikolaj, he might still need to be in Sweden a lot to work.