Practice passes | Golden Skate

Practice passes

Bonnie F

On the Ice
Hi, I have all event tickets which included practice passes (2). I have no desire to watch any of the practice sessions and neither does my husband so I was wondering if anyone would like one or both of my passes. I am giving them away, free to a good home, if anyone is interested please let me know.

asahi

Rinkside
I'm probably too late by now, but I am interested in one of the tickets if you still have it available :)

asahi

Rinkside
One is still available, if you want it its yours, just send me your address.

I just have a question, is the ticket for a certain day only or can I choose which practice I go to? This is my first time going to an event like this. BTW, I'm trying to send you a PM with my address, but apparently I can't send it to you if I don't have 10 posts. Let me try again or try and see if I can do 10 posts to send you a PM.

karne

in Emergency Backup Mode
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
I just have a question, is the ticket for a certain day only or can I choose which practice I go to? This is my first time going to an event like this.

The practice pass is reusable, you can go see as many as you like! But it's only for practices at the TD Garden itself, not at the other rink.

pmidi

Rinkside
I have never been to any practice sessions before so thank you. I can always sleep after Worlds is over:laugh: Are there any helpful hints to take into consideration when attending a practice session?

karne

in Emergency Backup Mode
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
I have never been to any practice sessions before so thank you. I can always sleep after Worlds is over:laugh: Are there any helpful hints to take into consideration when attending a practice session?

I would say the usual competition caveats apply: no flash photography etc. Also be considerate to the skater and their team; this is also not the time to be yelling out to them.

rain037

Rinkside
From the FAQ:

The short dance begins early in the morning on Wednesday, March 30th. Should I bring my ticket to the short dance if I'm attending the practice before?
Yes. Bring your short dance ticket to the short dance official practice. Your event ticket will be scanned alongside your practice pass. Should you decide to leave between the practice and short dance event, your ticket will be marked to allow re-entry.

I'm currently contemplating buying practice passes, but from the excerpt above, it seems like I would need the individual event ticket as well. I only have the tickets for Mens' Free, and there's no entry to practice for the gala. Is it worth buying the practice pass? ): I really would've liked to watch the other practices despite not having the tickets for the actual program.....

londongirl

Spectator
As far as I was aware, only all-event ticket holders will be able to attend practices. If you only have tickets for individual sessions, unfortunately you won't be able to go as far as I now. They (practice passes) are not sold separately. I'll gladly let myself be convinced otherwise, since I only have several individual session tickets as well and would seriously die to go to practices. So if anyone has an all-event pass ,doesn't want to go to practices and is willing to give the practice pass away/sell it, don't hesitate to message back :)

Tammi

On the Ice
Practice passes for the TD Garden were only issued with an All Event Ticket purchase. The excerpt above from the FAQ just means that if you plan to attend practices on Wednesday morning (with the applicable practice pass) that you will also have your All Event Short Dance ticket scanned at the same time due to the earliness of that particular event.

sabinfire

Doing the needful
Record Breaker
Practice passes for the TD Garden were only issued with an All Event Ticket purchase. The excerpt above from the FAQ just means that if you plan to attend practices on Wednesday morning (with the applicable practice pass) that you will also have your All Event Short Dance ticket scanned at the same time due to the earliness of that particular event.

Worlds2016.com also states:

"A separate, reusable practice ticket gives access to all practices at the TD Garden."

From what you've said, it sounds like a practice pass alone is not enough to gain access to the practices on Wednesday. It is also required to produce a competition session ticket, as well?

This might be worth noting for folks who:

1.) May have sold 1 or more session tickets from their All-Event package but kept their practice pass

2.) Folks who either bought or received a free practice pass from someone else (but didn't buy individual tickets to all the events)

3.) Anyone who wasn't planning on bringing more than a practice pass to the practice session

CoyoteChris

Record Breaker
I would say the usual competition caveats apply: no flash photography etc. Also be considerate to the skater and their team; this is also not the time to be yelling out to them.

Very important points. I do like to sit in the front row, or near the coach of my choice during practice, and watch the interaction. Just remember that these folk are working and dont bother them, even if they are just stroking and cooling down as they go by you....if one of them smiles at me, I smile back....once they take their bow at the end of practice, some fans entice them over to get autographs, and as long as this doesnt disturb the next group, I care not if they do that. I also try and not bother the skaters in the concourse. Satako likes to jog there, but I dont corner her...I smile, she smiles...fine....if a skater or a legend sits next to you, or a few seats away from you, I still limit my interaction unless its someone I really know....they deserve their privacy...unless they show up at the Friends of Figure Skating breakfast...then they get mauled to pieces!
http://s1217.photobucket.com/user/C...sboro 2015/w4_zps472bcd4f.jpg.html?sort=3&o=6
http://s1217.photobucket.com/user/C... Mil 2015/B17_zps8akwsyxs.jpg.html?sort=3&o=9

oceanle

Rinkside
I saw on Vivid Seats they were selling practice session. I am assuming you can reuse the same tickets. If someone could correct me if Im wrong. They cost $48 on the website and I am tempting to buy it.

lyverbird1

Final Flight
I'm very excited to attend the practices and get a feel for the arena and maybe even meet a skater or two. I hope people are respectful in the way that karne and Chris describe. I'm imagining it will also be a good way to informally meet a few of the GS people who are going before the competition begins and make further arrangements for later in the week!

winky97

Medalist
I saw on Vivid Seats they were selling practice session. I am assuming you can reuse the same tickets. If someone could correct me if Im wrong. They cost $48 on the website and I am tempting to buy it.

You reuse the practice pass ticket, but it is only valid for practice sessions at TD Garden.

shyne

Final Flight
Worlds2016.com also states:

"A separate, reusable practice ticket gives access to all practices at the TD Garden."

From what you've said, it sounds like a practice pass alone is not enough to gain access to the practices on Wednesday. It is also required to produce a competition session ticket, as well?

This might be worth noting for folks who:

1.) May have sold 1 or more session tickets from their All-Event package but kept their practice pass

2.) Folks who either bought or received a free practice pass from someone else (but didn't buy individual tickets to all the events)

3.) Anyone who wasn't planning on bringing more than a practice pass to the practice session

Thanks for the information. Question, this only applies to Wed morning right? Ice Dance SP is right after OP. There's no event on Mon and Tue so they can's scan your individual event ticket.