Practice reports? | Page 8 | Golden Skate

Practice reports?

Greta

On the Ice
Thank you to everyone who is providing practice reports. I'm disappointed that I can't be there, and I'm grateful for any news!

Crossover

All Hail the Queen
Record Breaker
I think Jin had a really good sp in last season, too. It was his freeskate that needed a lot improving, I would say. Will be eagerly looking forward to his new freeskate to see how he will be doing in PCS now....

Sure last season's SP was a delight to watch and made me believe in his potential as a good performer someday as well as his technical prowess including the insane 4Lz+3T combo, but the program itself was a recycled one from his last year as a junior. If you know about his past, you would know how much he has improved artistic-wise. :laugh: Though his LP would be packed with quads and 3axels as you said, we have to wait and see how much he can incorporate the jumps with a new choreography.

mrrice

Record Breaker
Not a practice report, but I didn't know which other thread here would be suitable (I've also posted this in the Skating World Fluff thread) - but some Skate America Instagrams:

http://fs-gossips.com/skate-america-2016-instagram-check-in/

I think the Shibs need a reality show. They're are so talented, smart, charismatic, and great looking. Vanessa James is Gorgeous!! Jason is exactly the same as he was the first time I saw him 5 years ago. He just always seemed to be in a good mood.

Maxim Kovtun and Dmitri Soloviev make me miss Russia. So cute. I loved seeing the 3 US ladies sitting together. I truly hope they will draw inspiration from each other and skate well in front of the home crowd. Win or lose, I hope they are proud of the way they performed. I hope Gracie skates well as I'm sure she will have a ton of friends and Family in the crowd.

Last edited:

HanDomi

Record Breaker
Sure last season's SP was a delight to watch and made me believe in his potential as a good performer someday as well as his technical prowess including the insane 4Lz+3T combo, but the program itself was a recycled one from his last year as a junior. If you know about his past, you would know how much he has improved artistic-wise. :laugh: Though his LP would be packed with quads and 3axels as you said, we have to wait and see how much he can incorporate the jumps with a new choreography.

On a side note I'm dissapointed with Shoma. From what I saw for 90 % of his SP he does only two foot skating ....

Crossover

All Hail the Queen
Record Breaker
On a side note I'm dissapointed with Shoma. From what I saw for 90 % of his SP he does only two foot skating ....

I saw a clip of Shoma's practice and he fell on his abdomen....That looked really painful, so I hope he is okay now. However, I couldn't help but constantly compare his SP with Machida's version because the music cut is almost identical to Machida's. :slink: Though I can appreciate him for automatically reminding me of Machida.

Jaana

Record Breaker
Country
Finland
I am a pretty good observer, but the only skaters I thought hm..he/she is fast, are Daleman and Soma, and a much faster Adam, without calling him really fast. I think the Shibs need to Skate faster and closer. As for Jason, I don't know. His speed was never his strong point, but his skating has mature.

I got the impression from Lombardia and the US event that Jason looks faster in his sp. On the other hand in the freeskate he looks as earlier = real slow.

Meoima

Match Penalty
I got the impression from Lombardia and the US event that Jason looks faster in his sp. On the other hand in the freeskate he looks as earlier = real slow.
To be fair, everyone in the LP is slower than themselves in the SP

mrrice

Record Breaker
I haven't seen Jason live in a couple of years. However, I have seen him in person 4 or 5 times and he's never been particularly fast. As a big fan of Joshua Farris, I traveled to see him for a couple of seasons. Back then, Jason was noticeably slower than Joshua and Shotaro Omori. However, Jason was, and is a beautiful dancer with huge falling leafs and beautiful extension. The last time I saw Jason live, he didn't even have a triple axel so it was no surprise when he would lose to Joshua. What Jason does have a charisma to the "Nth" degree.

Last edited:

shiroKJ

Back to the forest you go.
Record Breaker
Is anyone else having a hard time getting to twitter? I'm using it for a lot of practice updates and I can't get to it at all!

There was a DDoS attack on a major server this morning so a lot of websites are down/slow.

Last edited:

Sloopy

On the Ice
Gracie's Tango SP in my humble opinion is the best overall program she's ever done. It's more mature, less princess and more womanly. I just wish she would emote and let loose for once. It could be a masterpiece if she puts everything together.

Sloopy

On the Ice
Wow! Ashley is skating to one of my all time favorite songs...The Eurythmics' Sweet Dreams. She is one person who has no trouble whatsoever letting loose. Jumps look great and a lot of speed with such fire and passion. I was never a fan of hers in the past but she's really growing on me.