Pre-Season Favourite Programs | Page 3 | Golden Skate

Pre-Season Favourite Programs

noskates

Record Breaker
I'm not denying anything or challenging your facts. You are an uber-Plushy fan and that's well documented time and time again. That's perfectly fine. And if someone is ONLY looking at accomplishments everyone would agree with you. My POINT is - people like who they like for many reasons and not just medals and points and scores.

p.s. WAS trying to stay on topic........done here now. Carry on.

Violet Bliss

Record Breaker
What I said those are facts those are on internet, in articles and on different pages. Do you can deny anything? Do it with facts, if you can, please.

"Facts" are usually spun according to personal biases. Few actually know the subjects for real. We can see skaters' performances and decide what and who we like. We have our own perception of their personalities and we decide what and who we like. But we don't need to convert others to our tastes, especially not by negative spinning of the perceived rivals of our favorites.

plushyfan

Record Breaker
Country
Hungary
I'm not denying anything or challenging your facts. You are an uber-Plushy fan and that's well documented time and time again. That's perfectly fine. And if someone is ONLY looking at accomplishments everyone would agree with you. My POINT is - people like who they like for many reasons and not just medals and points and scores.

p.s. WAS trying to stay on topic........done here now. Carry on.

OK. Not me started this theme, right?

plushyfan

Record Breaker
Country
Hungary
"Facts" are usually spun according to personal biases. Few actually know the subjects for real. We can see skaters' performances and decide what and who we like. We have our own perception of their personalities and we decide what and who we like. But we don't need to convert others to our tastes, especially not by negative spinning of the perceived rivals of our favorites.

Wich sentences aren't facts? Deny it, please.. But I can show you the links. Oh, and I don't want to convince you..oh, no...

Plus it seems everybody has right to write bad words on Plushenko...but that is not allowed if anybody deny it. Right. This is always happening.

Good night! :bed:

liv

Record Breaker
For me, I am looking forward to:

Yuzu's Seimei: is it as good or better than I remember?
Chan's programs: what does he have for his final season?
Nathan: his sp looks very interesting and cool from the snippets I"ve seen
Javier: what will his free program look like?
Boyang: what is he working away on in china....

ladies:
Loved Mai Mihara's sp this show season... what is it like in competition? What has David Wilson done for her?
Kaetlyn Osmond: how has it progressed from early competitions?
Medvedeva: what is cooking over in Russia... and is it remotely different to her other programs...
Miyahara: her sp looks pretty interesting so far

Really enjoyed Alexandra Trusova in Australia. What a little dynamo.

NoNameFace

GS given name - Beatrice
Record Breaker
Since I tripped into Ice Dance memory lane on the weekend (as for Latin SD 2011/12 season), from what I saw so far in that department this very season I am a fan of Smart/Diaz and Nazarova/Nikitin SDs:

Nazarova/Nikitin SD: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kk-pT8Bieqo

Smart/Diaz SD: www.dailymotion.com/video/x5wtai8 (could not find YT link, will try to do so after work)

I like music combos, general vibe of those programs, Adria's attitude and way of leading not 'in-your-face' manner, but sharp and decisive, without any 'theatrics', LOVE Alexandra and Maxim's lift, fluidity and continuation of movement thorough that dance. I think both programs are very promising after these first glimpses:) And I love also simplistic of those black costumes - although ladies' costumes will be probably in colour, with sparkles etc., I really wouldn't mind simple 2 piece Olivia had, it looked modern, sexy, sophisticated.

As for singles, I already like Satoko's SP, Kaetlyn's SP, Nathan's SP from what I had chance to see. More than week without Internet did not allow me to catch up:(

ETA - forgot about Jason Brown programs! I am especially amazed by FS, both programs are so Jason and so full with his identity/personality already it's really rare to see. Since I fixed my computer over the weekend I have to catch up today with Patrick Chan's programs since lots of people are writing here some great things about them:)

russell30

Final Flight
So Youn's 'Black Swan' was gorgeous really portrayed the character and dress stunning! - hope she recovers in time to compete for those 2 places.

Jason Brown's FS 'Maxime Rodriguez Arranged Piece' Beautiful - transitions and skills and choreography to die for!! shame you cannot purchase this music on iTunes...

Alaine Chartrand SP 'Tango' love the originality of 'Libertango' different style and I can just see chartrand getting better with this piece LOVED her 'Sunset Boulevard' too but V Helgesson owned this piece really!!

Paige Rydberg - FS 'Pegasus' I really loved the music and choreography and loved the dress...

Like most ' Miyahara 'Sayuri' just stunning - I think Lori picked a nice rendition of it...beautiful...I am hoping Satoko keeps the dress for competition.

Eun Soo Lim - 'FS Tango' - ok pieces we may have heard before but a stunning tango and loved the oblivion piece by Sissel in the middle....I recently watched Eun Soo on you tube (austria) was the SP she is so mature now!! what a prospect - just hoping she does not get too tall....

Patrick Chan SP 'Dust In The wind' thought that was classy....loved the music choice good to go for something out of the box.

Many yet to see and for others to test - looking forward to some test skates of Pairs/Dance....

TontoK

Hot Tonto
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
From what I've seen, and it's not much, there are two programs I'd consider to be masterpieces in the making.

Nathan Chen's short program and Jason Brown's long.

I cannot wait to see the whole picture with Nathan's short - it looks fresh and young and cool. While I am not a huge fan of Jason's, it would be deliberate blindness not to recognize how extraordinary his LP will be, whether he gets the more difficult jumps or not.

Conversely, I haven't seen anything about Nathan's LP, and I dislike Jason's SP very much.

Osmond4gold

Record Breaker
Kaetlyn Osmond: how has it progressed from early competitions?

As reported by TSL, both Kaetlyn and Alaine has perfect SP's at the Canadian Performance Camp, so it appears that all is going well, given we are not yet into the skating season.