Predictions for Russian Junior Worlds team | Golden Skate

Predictions for Russian Junior Worlds team

The Finn

Record Breaker
We have seen most of the contenders atleast twice now which means we have a pretty good idea who are the main contenders and who are the challengers.

These are the Russian JGP finalist
Men (4): Alexander Samarin, Roman Savosin, Ilia Skirda and Dmitri Aliev
Ladies (3): Anastasiia Gubanova, Polina Tsurskaya and Alina Zagitova
Pairs (5): Mishina/Mirzoev, Ustimkina/Volodin, Atakhanova/Spiridonov, Boikova/Kozlovskii and Borisova/Sopot
Ice dance (2): Loboda/Drozd and Shpilevaya/Smirnov

Additionally Liza Nugumanova and Skoptcova/Aleshin are 1st alternates. Stasya Konstantinova and Polishchuk/Vakhnov are 2nd alternates.

These skaters have done a pretty well either at the JGP or at the domestic competitions or they have done well last season.

Men: Alexey Erokhov, Petr Gumennik, Artem Kovalev
Ladies: Sofia Samodurova, Alisa Fedichkina, Daria Panenkova, Alisa Lozko
Pairs: Osipova/Gallyamov, Poluianova/Selkin
Ice dance: Shevchenko/Eremenko, Ushakova/Nekrasov, Konkina/Yakushev

So, which ones of these skaters and teams will make it to the Junior Worlds?

These are my predictions.

Men: Samarin for sure. The other two will most likely be Aliev and Savosin but also Erokhov has his chances.
Ladies: Tsurskaya and Gubanova for sure. The 3rd one might be Zagitova but it could also be basically any lady who has been named above.
Pairs: Mishina/Mirzoev for sure. It is really difficult to predict the other two. One would think that Atakhanova/Spiridonov will surely be there and one would hope that but it is far from a sure thing. Ustimkina/Volodin, Boikova/Kozlovskii and Borisova/Sopot are all fully capable to make it to the Junior Worlds. I would like that the 3rd team would be Ustimkina/Volodin but I kind of doubt that will happen. Boikova/Kozlovskii can outscore both Ustimkina/Volodin and Borisova/Sopot when they skate clean. If they can become more consistent the 3rd spot is theirs to take.
Ice dance: Loboda/Drozd and Shpilevaya/Smirnov for sure. The 3rd team will most likely be either Polishchuk/Vakhnov or Skoptcova/Aleshin. Personally I hope it will be Polishchuk/Vakhnov.

sneakers

Match Penalty
I though Erokhov is injured and out for the season, didn't he pulled out of JGP Germany FS ?
didn't he got like a torn ligament or something....

The Finn

Record Breaker
I though Erokhov is injured and out for the season, didn't he pulled out of JGP Germany FS ?
didn't he got like a torn ligament or something....

He did withdraw but I haven't seen anything official about the seriousness of his injury.

mish

Match Penalty
Regarding ladies: too early, because too competitive.

There is so many highly skilled girls, that anyone can shine at Nationals in four months time. Better girls now may be in bad form in February and vice versa.

Layback11

Record Breaker
Hmm...

Ladies: Tsurskaya, Zagitova, Nugumanova

(Gubanova had a better JGP but isn't all that consistent. Fedichkina didn't have a great JGP.)

Men: Aliev, Skirda, Samarin

Dance: Loboda/Drozd, Shpilevaya/Smirnov, Skoptcova/Aleshin

Pairs: Mishina/Mirzoev, Borisova/Sopot, Ustimkina/Volodin

hanca

Record Breaker
Ladies: Tsurskaya, Zagitova, Gubanova. Subst: Nugumanova, Samodurova

Men: Aliev, Samarin, Erokhov. Subs: Skirda

Dance: Loboda/Drozd, Shpilevaya/Smirnov, Skoptcova/Aleshin

Pairs: Mishina/Mirzoev, Atakhanova/Spiridonov, Borisova/Sopot. subst: Ustimkina/Volodin

puremagic

-
Record Breaker
Ladies: 1st The Angel :love:, 2nd Polina and tense fight for third place between: Nugumanova, Fedichkina, Zagitova and Samodurova.
Men: Samarin, Savosin (he jumped 4T and 4S at Nepela!), Aliev. Subs: Erokhov, Skirda
Dance: Loboda/Drozd, Shpilevaya/Smirnov, Skoptcova/Aleshin, Subs: :love: Arina Ushakova - Maxim Nekrasov
Pairs: Mishina/Mirzoev, Atakhanova/Spiridonov, Ustimkina/Volodin. Subs: :love: Albina Sokur - Roman Pleshkov

Last edited:

lavoix

Match Penalty
Fedichkina needs to change coaches, she's too beautiful and unique to be a wasted talent.

invisiblespiral

Record Breaker
Ladies: Tsurskaya, Zagitova, Gubanova (Nugumanova)

Men: Aliev, Samarin, Erkohov or Savosin.

Pairs: M/M, A/S, B/S or U/V or B/K...

Dance: L/D, S/S, S/A or P/V.

:slink:

voolfee

On the Ice
I'm almost sure that to the Junior Worlds will go:

Ladies: Tsurskaya, Gubanova, Zagitova

Men: Samarin, Aliev, Savosin

Dance: Loboda/Drozd, Shpilevaya/Smirnov, Polishchuk/Vakhnov

Pairs: Mishina/Mirzoev, Atakhanova/Spiridonov, Ustimkina/Volodin

They are the best at the moment.

silverfoxes

Record Breaker
Fedichkina needs to change coaches, she's too beautiful and unique to be a wasted talent.

She was out for 3 months because of her injury so it's understandable if she didn't regain her form right away. Because she had one bad competition now you think she needs to change coaches? The same coach that got her to the JGP final and Junior Worlds last season? No.

stryke

On the Ice
Ladies: Tsurskaya, Zagitova, Panenkova

Men: Samarin, Skirda, Erokhov

Dance: Loboda/Drozd, Shpilevaya/Smirnov, Polishchuk/Vakhnov

Pairs: Mishina/Mirzoev, Atakhanova/Spiridonov, Ustimkina/Volodin

Sugarpova

#EmpressAirlines #SinKatsapologist
Record Breaker
the difference is what there will be & what I personally want:laugh:

What will be

Men : Alexander Samarin, Roman Savosin, Dmitri Aliev
Ladies : Anastasiia Gubanova, Polina Tsurskaya and Alina Zagitova
Pairs : Mishina/Mirzoev, Borisova/Sopot, Atakhanova/Spiridonov,
Ice dance : Loboda/Drozd and Shpilevaya/Smirnov Polishchuk/Vakhnov

What I want

Men: Aliev Savosin Erokhov
Ladies: Tsurskaya Nugumanova Samodurova (Fedichkina)
Pairs: Mishina/Mirzoev Atakhanova/Spiridonov Ustimkina/Volodin
Ice dance: Skoptcova/Aleshin Shpilevaya/Smirnov Polishchuk/Vakhnov

puremagic

-
Record Breaker
I forgot to add in fight for third place also Dunya Panenkova. She reminds me of some girl from Leonova and Fedichkina group. I dont remember her name or surname. They both have solid jumps but Dunya Panenkova more stable than she is. It will be very interesting to see at Junior Worlds - Gubanova, Tsurskaya and Panenkova. But Russian Junior Nationals will be more interesting no doubt. So Ill wait.

sneakers

Match Penalty
I forgot to add in fight for third place also Dunya Panenkova. She reminds me of some girl from Leonova and Fedichkina group. I dont remember her name or surname. They both have solid jumps but Dunya Panenkova more stable than she is. It will be very interesting to see at Junior Worlds - Gubanova, Tsurskaya and Panenkova. But Russian Junior Nationals will be more interesting no doubt. So Ill wait.

same face, same first letter in first anme and last name, same slow skating skills, they exactly look the same too !!!
her name is Diana Pervushkina = Daria Panenkova.

Last edited:

puremagic

-
Record Breaker
same face, same first letter in first anme and last name, same slow skating skills, they exactly look the same too !!!
her name is Diana Pervushkina = Daria Panenkova.
Yeah, thats name. Nope. Your sarcasm is going against you. Panenkova is slower than Pervushkina. And look at Panenkova StSq she just stand in the center. Right and left side are empty. Her ice coverage is one of the worse I ever seen. And what about Pervushkina - I saw her SP at Russian Nationals 2016 and that was great. Big lutz, energy in her skating. She could be good skater. But she is absolutely unstable.

puremagic

-
Record Breaker
Btw, I'm very happy for Kurakova. Second place after the short with the strong field. And Anna Trusova with 61.86! She's just 12 yo! (2004)

Free skate will be very interesting :love: