Programs You Wish Were Showcased at the Olympics | Page 2 | Golden Skate

Programs You Wish Were Showcased at the Olympics

gonewiththewind25

Final Flight
Javier Fernandez: ‘Guys and Dolls’ FS
This program had EVERYTHING. It was crafted to play to Javi’s strengths and was so much fun while also displaying great amounts of fantastic skating. This program especially focused on the showmanship of Javi’s skating which is his most endearing quality. For me, this was the most perfect Javi program and would’ve been incredible at the Olympics.

Sui/Han: ‘Bridge Over Troubled Water’ FS
I was never really aboard the Sui and Han train until I watched this program. For me, they haven’t done any program that has brought out all their strengths, their delicacy, their style and their ability to portray so much emotion. I feel like this performance could have created that beautiful, goosebumps inducing, Olympic moment for them. For me, it was especially heartbreaking because I absolutely hate Turandot and it was so disappointing to see a program that didn’t reflect their greatness at the Olympics [emoji174]

Papadakis/Cizeron: ‘To Build A Home’ FD
Again, this was a program that made me fall in love with them as a team and I when I saw this program, I realised that something really special did exist in this team. The soft, lyrical style seemed perfect for them. The danger of these soft programs is that they can often be boring if not done right. However, with this program I felt awed and interested through the course of the program and it could also evoke tears. And, in the same manner as Sui and Han, Moonlight Sonata was really quite disappointing, and was honestly a little boring. It fell on the incorrect side of the line for me which was really disappointing. Moreover, compared to the fire and entertainment of Virtue and Moir’s Moulin Rouge!, Moonlight Sonata couldn’t possibly hold it off in my opinion.

Maia and Alex Shibutani: ‘Fix You’ FD
Another program that I absolutely love! This program, for me, has everything that an Olympic program should. The end of the program especially is impactful and brings a tear to the eye. It beautifully showcases Maia and Alex’s qualities while also telling a story. This program could have been a tear-jerking Olympic Program.

Maia and Alex Shibutani: ‘Hip Hop’ SD
For me, this program showed another, unexplored side of Alex and Maia. It showed their cool and fun side and would be a great display of the amount of diversity that the Shibs have and their ability to portray different characters. This program was especially fun and impactful for me and I loved what it showed about them as performers! The performance was quirky and suave and such a great look on them!

Eeyora

Final Flight
Michelle Kwan’s Aranjuez and Salome
Irina’s Wonderland
Shizuka’s Voidy Swan
Javi’s Guys and Dolls
Virtue and Moir Carmen
Mao’s Nutcracker - back in 2006
Todd’s First Night
Elvis 1492
Rudy actually going to the Olympics and Skating to Swan Lake
Michelle Kwan- Isle of The Dead
Ashley- Black Swan and LaLa Land.

Eleanor

On the Ice
Papadakis/Cizeron: Stillness.Oddudua. This program is, in my opinion, P/C masterpiece. I love their other FD a lot as well but I believe this program is very different from the others. It really made them stand our from a pool of amazing and talented skaters. It was a risky choice, even for them and it took them some time to master it. But it was brilliant by worlds, probably my favorite performance. It's abstract, contemporary, very modern and bold and yet it's the program that makes me feel many different emotions. Mozart makes me think about le Parc and a love story. To build a home makes me think about their new life in Montreal. And MS, I just listen to the music and watch them move to it in perfect unisson. But Stillness ? I feel sadness, love, joy, doubts. I wish they'd taken that risk during the Olympic season. Because it's almost what makes olympic champions: they dare to take risks, they evolve, they are not afraid to try. MS was a safe choice for them, very understandable considering V/M were so strong in 2016-2017.

Ares

Record Breaker
Country
Poland
Delobel / Schoenfelder - The Piano (it was their Free Dance in 07/08 season)
Ashley Wagner - La La Land
Wakaba Higuchi - Skyfall
Satoko Miyahara - Planets (still my favourite program of hers)
Javier Fernandez - Guys and Dolls

nguyhm

On the Ice
For 2018 Olympics
Papadakis/Cizeron - To Build a Home
Shibutanis - Fix you
Wishing :(
Pogorilaya - Scent of a Woman
Stolbova/Klimov - Put a Spell on me

iluvtodd

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Satoko's "The Planets"
Todd's "First Knight," "1492"
Elvis' "1492"
Michelle's "Salome"
Sergei Voronov's "Sarabande"
Javi's "Guys & Dolls
Meryl & Charlie's "Samson & Delilah" (2009)
Boyang Jin's Spiderman SP

yume

🍉
Record Breaker
Trusova's vivaldi, junior worlds version. Just for the technical performance.

TontoK

Hot Tonto
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
This is a fun thread.

It reminds me of so many great programs I had temporarily forgotten.

It also reminds me of how different our tastes can be. I find some of these suggestions laughable.

But, as fans, we all find something different to appreciate.

Ares

Record Breaker
Country
Poland
This is a fun thread.

It reminds me of so many great programs I had temporarily forgotten.

It also reminds me of how different our tastes can be. I find some of these suggestions laughable.

But, as fans, we all find something different to appreciate.

For me the Olympics lacked those less serious programs also ... there were many safe ones. I'd like for example SpiderBoyang in Pyeong Chang :biggrin:

TontoK

Hot Tonto
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
For me the Olympics lacked those less serious programs also ... there were many safe ones. I'd like for example SpiderBoyang in Pyeong Chang :biggrin:

I don't disagree with your statement in any way.

However, I was using "laughable" is a derisive way, rather than to indicate a light-hearted program.

This reinforces my point that fans' tastes are different, and we have different ways to define a great program. My preferences aren't everyone else's.

Ares

Record Breaker
Country
Poland
I don't disagree with your statement in any way.

However, I was using "laughable" is a derisive way, rather than to indicate a light-hearted program.

This reinforces my point that fans' tastes are different, and we have different ways to define a great program. My preferences aren't everyone else's.

I know and I actually understood your intention perfectly. My remark was purely coincidental.

ancientpeas

The Notorious SEW
Record Breaker
I still wish V/M had skated Carmen at the 2014 games instead of the Seasons (probably one of my least favourite FD from them). Yes they probably still would have been second to D/W but I would have enjoyed it so much more. It's all about me, people. ME. MEEEEEEEEE.