RG English Speaking Fans: How do you watch? | Golden Skate

RG English Speaking Fans: How do you watch?

FlyingFeather

On the Ice
Hi y'all! I love the sport of rhythmic gymnastics, but I have watched very little of it since Rio 2016 because I could not find any way to watch it or any forums/news websites where I could get basic information about things like retirements, picks for the teams, injuries, etc. Occasionally, a full competition will be posted on Youtube, but it is not consistent. I have been really lucky with figure skating to find GS and have access to reliable information and informative, respectful discussion. I can watch the competitions on Peacock. But not so for RG. Are there any American and/or English-only RG fans on this forum who have a way to consistently watch the competitions, know of a reliable and prolific news site in English, or are part of an English-speaking RG forum? Thanks in advance.:thank:

purplecat

Final Flight
Country
United-States
Hi! I love rhythmic too. I used to watch a lot of the competitions on the Olympic Channel. When I switched providers recently I lost the channel (would need to upgrade to get it). So I found some routines/competitions on youtube, but like you said it's kind of hit or miss. I belong to this facebook group which is pretty good about having info and links to livestreams, etc. and is in English... https://www.facebook.com/rhythmicgymnastics.de/

Looking forward to the Olympic RG events and they are on at a better time than artistic gymnastics for me!

moonvine

All Hail Queen Gracie
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
The Olympic Channel. You also get trampoline. I used to pay extra for it, then I moved to Youtube TV which has it as part of it's basic lineup.

viennaskater

Medalist
I subscribed to Eurosport Player. OK so you pay EUR 7 for a month but I found it totally worth it. Commentary in English, everything there to watch when I want. I could even turn off the commentary if I wanted!

In any case, I don't think the sports channels in Austria were bothering to show artistic swimming and the gymnastics events, they're only interested in sports where Austria or Germany might win medals.

FlyingFeather

On the Ice
Hi! I love rhythmic too. I used to watch a lot of the competitions on the Olympic Channel. When I switched providers recently I lost the channel (would need to upgrade to get it). So I found some routines/competitions on youtube, but like you said it's kind of hit or miss. I belong to this facebook group which is pretty good about having info and links to livestreams, etc. and is in English... https://www.facebook.com/rhythmicgymnastics.de/

Looking forward to the Olympic RG events and they are on at a better time than artistic gymnastics for me!
Thanks for the reply. That FB link is really useful.
The Olympic Channel. You also get trampoline. I used to pay extra for it, then I moved to Youtube TV which has it as part of it's basic lineup.
Thanks! I was able to use YouTube TV to watch it during the Olympics. I don't think that I can keep it year-round though. šŸ˜­
I subscribed to Eurosport Player. OK so you pay EUR 7 for a month but I found it totally worth it. Commentary in English, everything there to watch when I want. I could even turn off the commentary if I wanted!

In any case, I don't think the sports channels in Austria were bothering to show artistic swimming and the gymnastics events, they're only interested in sports where Austria or Germany might win medals.
Just tried it. It is blocked in the US. It's way too bad, EUR 7 per month is much more affordable than 65 USD/month for YouTube TV and similar for other cable providers. Also, I like the Eurosport commentator better.